Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Jade (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=42292)

IAmBatman July 28th, 2012 08:40 PM

The Book of Jade

The Book of Jade

C3G DC WAVE 20
BATTLE FOR JUSTICE

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Legacy set.
Its model number and name are #055-057 / Jade.
Its model number and name are #207 / Jennifer-Lynn Hayden.

Character Bio - "Jade's mother, Rose, was briefly married to Alan Scott, but fled upon conceiving their children, fearing she would harm them. She gave them up for adoption and they were separated. Jennie-Lynn was adopted by a couple in the Milwaukee suburbs. Jennie did not learn she had a twin brother until she was in her late teens. Shortly after she and Todd met, surmising they were the children of Alan Scott, they attempted to join the Justice Society. They were rejected, but joined with other children and protégés of JSA members to form Infinity, Inc. Due to her father's exposure to magical energies, she and her brother were born with metahuman powers, although Jade's only manifested themselves when she was defending herself from being sexually assaulted as a child. Jade's powers greatly resemble her father's: she is able to generate green energy and shape it into constructs according to her will. Jade left her modeling career in California to pursue the field of photography in New York City. She became Kyle Rayner's roommate and the two eventually developed a romantic relationship [….] Her internalized powers function much like those of her father. She can create 'solid-light' constructs out of green energy emitted from the star-mark on her palm, and can fly. She shares his weakness to wood and cellulose, but has no need to periodically recharge her powers” (Wikipedia.org 2012).

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:_________________________________________________________________

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

IAmBatman July 28th, 2012 08:42 PM

Re: The Book of Jade - Design

NAME = JADE
SECRET IDENTITY = JENNIFER-LYNN HADEN

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = INTERLOPER
PERSONALITY = MERCIFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 240

STARHEART RECHARGE
Start the game with two green Battery Markers on this Army Card. Before taking a turn with Jade, you may remove one Battery Marker from this card and either remove one Wound Marker from this card or place the removed Battery Marker from this card on the Army Card of an adjacent, friendly figure with the Green Power Battery special power. You may never place more green Battery Markers on an Army Card than were on that card at the start of the game.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

A3n July 28th, 2012 10:40 PM

Looks good to me, basically what I was expecting here :up:.

Hahma July 28th, 2012 11:33 PM

Yep, I think I recall some form of this design from a long time ago. :)

Oh, and lest we forget (again :p) here are a couple pix from the drafting thread formerly known as the Brainstorming Thread :)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...Jan2011005.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...Jan2011004.jpg

Pre-Yea for Final Editing. ;)

johnny139 July 29th, 2012 12:25 AM

Assuming that the absence of Green Power Battery is a conscious choice (since she's not technically a Green Lantern), looks good to me. Though her defense feels a bit high.

A3n July 29th, 2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 1650017)
Assuming that the absence of Green Power Battery is a conscious choice (since she's not technically a Green Lantern), looks good to me. Though her defense feels a bit high.

she has the same power that the original GL Alan Scott had but she doesn't need a ring or battery. She is basically a mutant born with the Starheart power inside her.

BTW I do remember her using the power to make herself intangible, was this not a common thing or just an occasional use power?

Griffin July 29th, 2012 02:39 AM

For clarity's sake, you may want to put the healing aspect before the charging aspect, otherwise I'm not sure if she has to burn her own marker to heal or not. If she is supposed to burn a marker to heal, then a bullet list may be a better route.

SirGalahad July 29th, 2012 10:28 AM

Which Clix?

Legacy 055-057 or

Unleashed 211

IAmBatman July 29th, 2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahma (Post 1650013)
Yep, I think I recall some form of this design from a long time ago. :)

Oh, and lest we forget (again :p) here are a couple pix from the drafting thread formerly known as the Brainstorming Thread :)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...Jan2011005.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...Jan2011004.jpg

Pre-Yea for Final Editing. ;)

Thanks. :-) Hadn't gotten around to tracking down mini photos yet. Much appreciated. I'll link to the SP now. Things aren't as smooth for me right now because I'm using a back up computer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1650025)
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 1650017)

she has the same power that the original GL Alan Scott had but she doesn't need a ring or battery. She is basically a mutant born with the Starheart power inside her.

BTW I do remember her using the power to make herself intangible, was this not a common thing or just an occasional use power?

What A3n said. I could see going down to defense 6 due to her having healing ... but she's really not offensively gifted here, so I'm not sure if it's needed.

I didn't see anything in Wiki about intangibility, so it's probably not iconic. :shrug: Apparently she has recently developed the ability to control plant life, so I almost stuck in a second power from Floronic Man's card, but decided I'd rather stick with the more time tested version of her.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1650036)
For clarity's sake, you may want to put the healing aspect before the charging aspect, otherwise I'm not sure if she has to burn her own marker to heal or not. If she is supposed to burn a marker to heal, then a bullet list may be a better route.

Good notes. I agree that things can be changed around for clarity there. Wife's birthday today, so I won't have much time on here, but I'll look into that before I update post-breathing period for sure. :-) Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1650055)

Legacy is listed in the OP already, and it's the correct one. :-) The other one is Cheshire going by her given name.

IAmBatman July 31st, 2012 09:10 AM

All right! SP updated with clearer wording thanks to moving up the healing part (which I decided to keep not tied to removing a Battery Marker) and I'm sending out to ERB. :-)

IAmBatman July 31st, 2012 09:13 AM

Hmm ... I'm already thinking 250 is probably a better place to start her than 200, though.

SirGalahad July 31st, 2012 09:48 AM

My vote is for the second comic pic.