Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Barry allen April 30th, 2016 03:33 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2087130)
How about before Ookla enters a water space you must roll the 20 sided die. If you roll an x or lower, Ookla's turn immediately ends. If you roll a y or higher you move move Ookla onto the water space normally.

Water is a lot more prominate than lava so having Ookla treat it the same might make him hard to use IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2087137)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 2087065)
Perhaps you guys should create something similar to the C3G Destructible Object Evergreen Tree

I wouldn't be opposed to "borrowing" the c3g design and repackaging it for classic scape. Trees and ruins as destructible objects makes sense and I feel they reason they don't have cards already is because the concept wasn't introduced yet. Introducing DO cards for the obstacles doesn't seem out of the question for classic customs.

As for Ookla's throw, maybe something like...

Ookla Throw
After moving and instead of attacking you may choose any non-flying single spaced figure adjacent to Ookla and place it on any empty non-adjacent space with 4 clear sight spaces of Ookla. If the thrown figures is a DO or squad figure, destroy it. If it is hero roll 1 unlockable attack die. After the thrown figure is placed you may also choose one figure adjacent to it, and roll 1 unlockable attack die against it.

Wording isn't perfect, but its an idea.

I like both of thesse. They would work really good. Completely of topic but when we choose a character would characters from Anime work ?

JC McMinis April 30th, 2016 05:09 PM

Ok was looking for images for Ookla and found this page which I think is a little better than the what is on Wikipedia. It mentions Ookla's ability to leap great distances so perhaps we could use that as well. I was also thinking of using tis particular image for Ookla. What do you think @Taeblewalker .

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/o/ookla.htm

Confred April 30th, 2016 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2087130)
How about before Ookla enters a water space you must roll the 20 sided die. If you roll an x or lower, Ookla's turn immediately ends. If you roll a y or higher you move move Ookla onto the water space normally.

Water is a lot more prominate than lava so having Ookla treat it the same might make him hard to use IMO.

"He'd rather fight an army than cross a stream"
Before Ookla moves onto a water space, immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 4 or higher, Ookla ends his move and may attack an additional time.

I don't think Ookla throw should care about flying or not. I want to minimize peripheral usage, I'd prefer to not use special rulesets/DO.

Confred May 2nd, 2016 01:41 PM

The impatient overly excited premature unofficial mockup
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...k_original.jpg

Ookla's water fear is a motivating force, not a disabling one like Martian Manhunter's fear of fire.

caps May 3rd, 2016 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2086928)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry allen (Post 2086885)
I would like to join if possible.

I don't see why not.

As for my design, I'm doing Ookla the Mok from Thundarr the Barbarian!

I think he should have a power that lets him rend opponents if he hits with both mitts. That would require a double attack. He would fight for Aquilla, so he already bonds with Thundarr. I'm not sure yet what other powers I would give him. Any ideas?

REND SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
After attacking with Rend Special Attack, you may attack with Rend Special Attack one additional time. If both attacks inflicted at least one wound on the same figure, destroy that figure.

Confred May 4th, 2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capsocrates (Post 2087569)
REND SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
After attacking with Rend Special Attack, you may attack with Rend Special Attack one additional time. If both attacks inflicted at least one wound on the same figure, destroy that figure.

That is a legit special attack, and I know it was inspired by the lead's original ideas, but I haven't seen that kind of move yet in the series and question if it best represents the character.

On a fun side note, Class: Gladiator? According to the Wiki, that's what he is.

Tornado May 4th, 2016 10:20 AM

Great to see some Ookla love!

You may want to ask Grishnakh for some theme advice. I know he was working on a Thundarr scenario.

Confred May 9th, 2016 05:23 PM

REND SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
After attacking with Rend Special Attack, Ookla may attack an additional time with Rend Special Attack. If Ookla deals damage to the same figure with both attacks, destroy the figure.

WATER PANIC 5
Before Ookla moves onto a water space, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or higher, Ookla must end his move and Ookla must attack this turn.

CJofCourse May 9th, 2016 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2089141)
REND SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
After attacking with Rend Special Attack, Ookla may attack an additional time with Rend Special Attack. If Ookla deals damage to the same figure with both attacks, destroy the figure.

WATER PANIC 5
Before Ookla moves onto a water space, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or higher, Ookla must end his move and Ookla must attack this turn.

I believe you mean 15 or lower @Confred . In official Heroscape rolling higher is almost always more beneficial than lower. As a side note on the fear of water, "He'd rather fight an army than cross a stream". How about:

Fear of Water: When moving Ookla the Mok, you may never enter a water space.

For the other powers, Rend looks like it would work great! As for his leaping ability, how about:

(Title still in progress) Mok leaping: Ookla the Mok may ignore elevations of up to (3 or 4) and triple his height when climbing.

TREX May 9th, 2016 11:42 PM

I think what confred is going for is that Ookla is pretty certain to be making an attack rather than go on a water space with the 5 or higher. It may not be a good thing if he is surrounded by allies and having to attack instead. @Confred , I'm not terribly familiar with the character, but from following the conversation your suggestion sounds fun. Fight or flight with the fear of water...and he's a fighter.

JC McMinis May 10th, 2016 05:02 AM

These are all great suggestion...I am hoping @Taeblewalker will post a first draft soon.

Confred May 11th, 2016 10:36 AM

I'd like Ookla to have a movement over water prevention power, but one more jazzy than simply blocking him from going over. I like the idea of him being backed into a corner and having the water trigger his Fight side of his Fight Or Flight reflexes. I'd like to see the penalty be a benefit.
I'd like to see some member ideas of how to accomplish this.
Some ideas: Roll d-20 prevents move and provides bonus:
(1) Additional attack
(2) + Attack
(3) Whirlwind Assault
(4) Auto Damage to adjacent/all adjacent
(5) Some synergy / enhancement to his SA
(6) Something else...

(3.2) Ookla may not move on water spaces. If Ookla is adjacent to a water space, his normal attacks affect all adjacent figures.

Spoiler Alert!