Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Dragon Man (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=39927)

tcglkn March 9th, 2012 10:55 PM

The Book of Dragon Man

The Book of Dragon Man

C3G MARVEL WAVE 14
FANTASTIC ADVENTURES

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...onMan_mini.png

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Avengers set.
Its model number and name are #020 / Dragon Man.

Character Bio - Dragon Man is one of the most powerful androids ever created. Dragon Man has the mentality of a young child or docile dog but it is easily controlled and manipulated by ultrasonics or hypnotism. Dragon Man is not evil in nature and used more so as a pawn for evil men with diabolical schemes. Throughout the years, Dragon Man has been used as a powerful pawn for numerous villains including Diablo, Ringmaster, Mad Thinker, Puppet Master and Machinesmith. Dragon Man has encountered numerous heroes including Spider-Man, the Hulk and Captain America but most notably against the Fantastic Four. Dragon Man has two wings providing him the capability to fly and can exhale methane gas which is ignited by striking his specialized teeth. The flames he produce can reach a temperature of 8000 degrees Fahrenheit.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Base Clarification: Dragon Man is a double-based figure.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • As an Android, Dragon Man is immune to a number of special powers, such as Baron von Strucker's Death Spore Release. However, they also have certain vulnerabilities, such as Strucker's Satan's Claw Special Attack.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

tcglkn March 9th, 2012 10:55 PM

Re: The Book of Dragon Man: Design

NAME = DRAGON MAN

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CREATURE
PERSONALITY = FEROCIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 9

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 320

TAIL SMASH
When attacking with Dragon Man's normal attack, you may choose for the attack to also affect all figures adjacent to the defending figure except Dragon Man. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

FIRE BREATH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 5.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by this special attack except Dragon Man. Roll 5 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. If Dragon Man inflicts 1 or more wounds on a figure with this special attack, after placing those wounds, you may roll 1 unblockable attack die against that figure. Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by this special attack.

WEAK-MINDED 2
If any player rolls the 20-sided die to take temporary or permanent control of Dragon Man, that player may add 2 to the roll.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

tcglkn March 9th, 2012 10:56 PM

And Hahma, your Miniature pictures are linked to the OP. :up:

Margloth March 9th, 2012 11:27 PM

Ooh scary!

Two things: is he lava resistant? I mean, he's just a robot, right?

And if he's not, it seems a shame to not have Weak Minded here, as he is repeatedly mentioned as not being evil unless manipulated by others. Really, weak minded is a better fit here than on Awesome Android (who is currently a paralegal, which actually strikes me as pretty smart :lol: )

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Attack/Defense of 7 on this guy. It's usually a pretty big deal when he shows up, and that mini is pretty big.

Griffin March 9th, 2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Range 4. Attack 5.

Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by this special attack. Roll 5 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. If Dragon Man inflicts 1 or more wounds on a figure with this special attack, after placing those wounds, you may roll 1 unblockable attack die for each wound inflicted. Figures with the Lava ResistanT special power are not affected by this special attack.
So say your Dragon Man attacks my Superman with this special attack, and my Wonder Woman, Robin, Batman, and Aquaman are adjacent to my Superman. Superman takes 1 wound, Wonder Woman takes 2 wounds, Robin takes 3 wounds, and Batman takes 0 wounds. How many dice am I supposed to roll for the fire damage?

Also, this is too powerful of an attack IMO. If the attack was down to Range 4. Attack 3. I think it would be much better.

tcglkn March 9th, 2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margloth (Post 1574861)
Ooh scary!

Two things: is he lava resistant? I mean, he's just a robot, right?

And if he's not, it seems a shame to not have Weak Minded here, as he is repeatedly mentioned as not being evil unless manipulated by others. Really, weak minded is a better fit here than on Awesome Android (who is currently a paralegal, which actually strikes me as pretty smart :lol: )

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Attack/Defense of 7 on this guy. It's usually a pretty big deal when he shows up, and that mini is pretty big.

The wiki said he can withstand temperatures of over 1000+ degrees. I'm not sure what constitutes Lava Resistance but I think that does.

Well I was designing Awesome Android at the point in his career where he basically had to have orders to do anything. He couldn't function on his own. IMO that's the iconic Dragon Man. Dragon Man was designed to be unintelligent but he wasn't Weak-Minded per say.

tcglkn March 9th, 2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1574865)
Quote:

Range 4. Attack 5.

Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by this special attack. Roll 5 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. If Dragon Man inflicts 1 or more wounds on a figure with this special attack, after placing those wounds, you may roll 1 unblockable attack die for each wound inflicted. Figures with the Lava ResistanT special power are not affected by this special attack.
So say your Dragon Man attacks my Superman with this special attack, and my Wonder Woman, Robin, Batman, and Aquaman are adjacent to my Superman. Superman takes 1 wound, Wonder Woman takes 2 wounds, Robin takes 3 wounds, and Batman takes 0 wounds. How many dice am I supposed to roll for the fire damage?

Also, this is too powerful of an attack IMO. If the attack was down to Range 4. Attack 3. I think it would be much better.

You'd roll one die against Superman, 2 die against Wonder Woman, 3 die against Robin and none against Batman or Aquaman.

His fire is incredibly hot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvel Wiki
Fire-Breath: Dragon Man exhales fire through his mouth by releasing a high-pressure stream of methane gas, a by-product of his unusual digestive system, through vents in the back of his throat. The gas mixes with air from his lungs and is ignited by specialized teeth, which can spark when struck together. This fire, which reaches a temperature of about 8,000° F, can be emitted for a maximum of 7 minutes before he needs to "refuel"

It should be a powerful attack.

Hahma March 10th, 2012 12:03 AM

From Marvel Comic Database:
Quote:

Superhuman Durability: Dragon Man's body, made of high-density long-chain organic polymers, which were an attempt at manufacturing life-mimicking materials, has incredible durability and strength. His thick hide is capable of resisting without rupture ballistic impacts up to and including 155mm Howitzer shells, or 300 pounds of TNT. His body can withstand extremes in both temperature (from -200° to 1,000°+ Fahrenheit) and pressure (from 0.02 to 12.5 atmospheres). Not truly alive, Dragon Man does not need oxygen to sustain his pseudo-life. He is an omnivore, capable of consuming diverse forms of matter and converting them to energy.

Fire-Breath: Dragon Man exhales fire through his mouth by releasing a high-pressure stream of methane gas, a by-product of his unusual digestive system, through vents in the back of his throat. The gas mixes with air from his lungs and is ignited by specialized teeth, which can spark when struck together. This fire, which reaches a temperature of about 8,000° F, can be emitted for a maximum of 7 minutes before he needs to "refuel"
Weaknesses

Dragon Man has the intellectual capacity of a domestic dog, and is governed by simple thoughts and feelings. His artificial brain is particularly sensitive to high pitched sounds: certain ultrasonic frequencies can jam his mental functions to paralyze him or make him highyl susceptible to external domination. Also he is vulnerable to intense cold.

From Wiki:

Quote:

Lava refers both to molten rock expelled by a volcano during an eruption and the resulting rock after solidification and cooling. This molten rock is formed in the interior of some planets, including Earth, and some of their satellites. When first erupted from a volcanic vent, lava is a liquid at temperatures from 700 °C to 1,200 °C (1,300 °F to 2,200 °F). Up to 100,000 times as viscous as water, lava can flow great distances before cooling and solidifying because of its thixotropic and shear thinning properties.
I agree with Margloth in that Dragon Man shouldn't have Lava Resistant. His heat limit is 1,000 degrees and Lava is like 1,300-2,200 degrees.

Weak Minded seems pretty logical here.

His breath is like 8,000 degrees, it should do some damage. And considering Human Torch's Fireball is an attack of 4, I can't see Dragon Man's breath being less than 4. Banshee and BC can affect a lot of figures with a mass attack of 4, so I wouldn't see anything wrong with Dragon Man's breath attack being at least 4. Now the wording is kind of wonky as it's based on Human Torch's, but his only affects 1 figure so it is clear and makes sense. Maybe drop the burn damage.

tcglkn March 10th, 2012 12:07 AM

OK. So I'll swap out WEAK-MINDED 2 for Lava Resistance, I misread that as meaning he could withstand temperatures of over 1000 degrees like it was just a rough estimate.

Hahma March 10th, 2012 12:10 AM

There are a ton of characters that can withstand that kind of heat, so Lava Resistant could be used on a bunch of them. It's probably not as iconic to the character as his weak-mindedness. :D

Griffin March 10th, 2012 12:32 AM

I am very afraid of what that Special Attack is gonna do to Kryptonians. Each wound on Superman for example is worth 50 points.

Hahma March 10th, 2012 01:42 AM

Well I agree in the sense that the attack of 5 with the potential for burn damage is pretty scary. While Human Torch can do it to a single figure, it's with an attack of 4 and he doesn't have near the staying power that Dragon Man has to use the power over and over. Especially in conjunction with Mad Thinker. I know Dragon Man is looking around 360 points, so it's not like he's a 200 point figure with that potential vs. Superman and others. Certainly mid-levels will be really affected.

Ultimately, that special attack could possibly be toned down a little. But either way, playtesting might be where he can be tweaked to be powerful and scary, but balanced for his cost.