Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Malice (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=41449)

A3n May 30th, 2012 09:57 AM

The Book of Malice

The Book of Malice

C3G MARVEL WAVE 14
FANTASTIC ADVENTURES

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Secret Invasion set.
Its model number and name are #036 / Malice.

Character Bio - Malice is an evil psionic entity that resides in the mind of the Invisible Woman and sometimes possesses her. Malice retained the powers of the Invisible Woman, but she used them more aggressively, creating explosions and deadly force field spikes. Malice was able to use her powers to withstand a direct punch from She-Hulk without even flinching, without She-Hulk realizing that she had just struck a force field.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

A3n May 30th, 2012 09:57 AM

Re: The Book of Malice - Design Phase

NAME = MALICE
SECRET IDENTITY = SUSAN RICHARDS

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TORMENTOR
PERSONALITY = MALICIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 300

BUBBLE SUFFOCATION
Start the game with two white Bubble Markers on this card. Before attacking, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 9 or higher, and the figure is not a Unique Hero, it receives a wound. If you roll 6 or higher, and the figure is a Unique Hero, place a Bubble Marker from this card onto its card. After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, you may roll an unblockable attack die, one at a time, against any figures other than Malice with one of your Bubble Markers on their cards. Whenever Malice receives one or more wounds, return all your Bubble Markers in play to this card. If a figure with one of your Bubble Markers on its card is destroyed, return that Bubble Marker to this card.

FORCE FIELD DAGGERS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 3.
Malice can only use this special attack if there is at least 1 Bubble Marker on this card. After rolling attack dice, you may immediately remove 1 Bubble Marker from this card and add 2 automatic skulls to whatever is rolled. Bubble Markers removed from this card using this power are returned to this card at the end of the round.

PERSONAL FORCE FIELD
When defending with Malice, if there is at least 1 Bubble Marker on this card, one shield will block all damage.

FLYING

A3n May 30th, 2012 10:03 AM

I haven't come up with a suitable class yet.

Margloth May 30th, 2012 10:05 AM

Invisible Woman has 5 life, so I think the same is appropriate here.

Otherwise looks like an interesting design!

A3n May 30th, 2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margloth (Post 1618189)
Invisible Woman has 5 life, so I think the same is appropriate here.

Otherwise looks like an interesting design!

:up: agreed.

Griffin May 30th, 2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

BUBBLE SUFFOCATION
Start the game with four white Bubble Markers on this card. After moving, before attacking, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Malice and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, place a Bubble Marker from this card on the chosen figure’s Army Card. After each time you reveal a numbered Order Marker on this card, you may roll an unblockable attack die, one at a time, against each figure other than Malice with a Bubble Marker on its card. Immediately after Malice receives one or more wounds, any figures with Bubble Markers on their cards may remove them.
Is it your intent that basically once the markers are removed, they are gone from the game? Seems to me like they should return to the card, since the only limit on this powers should be how many bubbles she can focus on at one time (4), not many she can make in her life time.

Hahma May 30th, 2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

BUBBLE SUFFOCATION
Start the game with four white Bubble Markers on this card. After moving, before attacking, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Malice and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, place a Bubble Marker from this card on the chosen figure’s Army Card. After each time you reveal a numbered Order Marker on this card, you may roll an unblockable attack die, one at a time, against each figure other than Malice with a Bubble Marker on its card. Immediately after Malice receives one or more wounds, any figures with Bubble Markers on their cards may remove them return all Bubble Markers in play to this card.

Maybe something like that.

Cool design A3n 8)

tcglkn May 30th, 2012 01:42 PM

I like the direction Hahma is going there and then you can remove the markers from the game with the Special Attack so she can only boost it a total of 4 times during the game.

:up: Cool design A3n, don't forget to link my pictures here from the brainstorming thread.

Spidey'tilIDie May 30th, 2012 03:37 PM

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Secret Invasion set.
Its model number and name are #036 / Malice.

A3n May 30th, 2012 08:52 PM

I think if we go that route then we should drop the number of markers. Maybe 2.

tcglkn May 30th, 2012 08:56 PM

I don't think so. Malice should be pretty powerful as she was able to take on the other members of the Fantastic Four. I'm not saying she should be that powerful point wise, but I could see her coming in around 300 points thematically.

A3n May 30th, 2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1618295)
:up: Cool design A3n, don't forget to link my pictures here from the brainstorming thread.

Umm I don't know where they are linked??
Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1618483)
I don't think so. Malice should be pretty powerful as she was able to take on the other members of the Fantastic Four. I'm not saying she should be that powerful point wise, but I could see her coming in around 300 points thematically.

With 2 markers she could possibly attacking 3 figures per turn & 2 of those unblockable. That to me is powerful. With 4 markers that's up to 5 figures attacked per turn & 4 unblockable.