Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Wizard (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=39945)

tcglkn March 11th, 2012 06:50 PM

The Book of Wizard

The Book of Wizard

C3G MARVEL WAVE 14
FANTASTIC ADVENTURES

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Sinister set.
Its model number and name are #25 / Wingless Wizard.
Its model number and name are #26, 27 / Wizard.

Character Bio - The Wizard was originally the enemy of the Human Torch during his solo days, but he eventually started terrorizing the Fantastic Four to prove to the world that he is superior to Mr. Fantastic. The Wizard is incredibly intelligent and has made several devices in which to carry out his criminal schemes. His powers are derived from the weapons and inventions incorporated into his battle-suit. The suit is slightly armored and can generate a force-field of considerable strength. His power gloves enhance his strength, can fire energy blasts. He also carried multiple of his world-renowned anti-grav discs or "flying discs", which allow him to fly.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Wizard allows Criminals to move 1 additional space with his Criminal Leadership special power. Current Criminals.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

tcglkn March 11th, 2012 06:50 PM

Re: The Book of The Wizard: Design

NAME = WIZARD
SECRET IDENTITY = BENTLEY WITTMAN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = BRILLIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 140

POWER GLOVES
When Wizard attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack, add 2 dice to his attack and he has the Super Strength special power. When Wizard attacks a non-adjacent figure with his normal attack, he may attack one additional time.

FORCE FIELD X
If Wizard is attacked and at least one skull is rolled, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, Wizard is not affected by that attack.

CRIMINAL LEADERSHIP
All other Criminals you control move one additional space.

FLYING

A3n March 11th, 2012 07:21 PM

No comments, the design looks solid. I'm not familiar with the character so I can't give you much more then this :D.

tcglkn March 11th, 2012 07:23 PM

Thanks. I was trying to keep this one more streamlined.

Hahma March 11th, 2012 07:40 PM

Looks good Tickle :up:

I'm not a big FF4 guy, so I'm not that familiar with this guy, though have seen him in Marvel Alliance 2 :D

Quote:

POWER GLOVES

When Wizard attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack, add 2 dice to his attack and he has the Super Strength special power. When Wizard attacks a non-adjacent figure with his normal attack, he may attack one additional time.

FORCEFIELD
Once per round, if The Wizard is attacked and at least one skull is rolled, you may choose to reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, your opponent must re-roll all attack dice that show skulls.
Could something like this be used for Power Gloves? It's modeled after Iron Fist's Force Of One. Also, couldn't his Forcefield be a little more effective, I mean if it's a once per round power that he has to reveal the X OM for, the opponent may still roll the same amount of skulls and it would have been a big waste. I kind of changed it a little based off of Prof X, but is a lot shorter. It would only affect him, so it isn't as powerful especially since he isn't a cheerleader like Prof X and would likely be exposed to more attacks. Just some ideas for what they are worth.:)

Quote:

POWER GLOVES
Before attacking with Wizard, you may choose to either:
  • Attack up to two times against non-adjacent figures; or
  • add 2 to Wizard's attack number this turn, and while attacking, Wizard has the Super Strength special power.
FORCEFIELD
Once per round, if The Wizard is attacked and at least one skull is rolled, you may choose to reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. After revealing the "X" Order Marker, the opposing player's turn immediately ends and Wizard receives no wounds.

tcglkn March 11th, 2012 07:43 PM

I think Power Gloves is fine as worded, adding bullets just requires more text.

I kinda like the Forcefield not being too powerful here. Occasionally it may "fail" and the opponent will roll the same amount of skulls but I don't want this guy to be too powerful so I think I'll keep it as is. He still has a defense of 5 to fall back on.

Hahma March 11th, 2012 07:43 PM

Okie dokie :D

Griffin March 11th, 2012 08:10 PM

Generally, though not always, I like to use bullets when there are 3 or more options.

Nice streamlined design tickle.

tcglkn March 11th, 2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1575758)
Generally, though not always, I like to use bullets when there are 3 or more options.

Sometimes it's good when the two are not similar and have very different effects like on Vulture, but I agree with that statement.

Thanks, it's streamlined and fresh. ;)

Hahma March 11th, 2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1575758)

It had reminded me of Iron Fist's power and is pretty much the same thing except swap out "all adjacent" for "double ranged attack". But it's basically the same and why I suggested it.

For once I look toward the consistency route and misfired. :D

IAmBatman March 11th, 2012 11:14 PM

Hahma - I'm pretty sure your suggested change for Forcefield would be a power we already put on MODOK.

I like this guy having a weaker version of that that's currently in the SP.

Looks good. I do agree that the Power Gloves reads a tad muddy right now, but I think it's fine mechanically.

Great stuff overall.

tcglkn March 11th, 2012 11:15 PM

The difference between Iron Fist and this guy is there Iron Fist has a choice, here it depends on who he is attacking and whether they are adjacent or not.