Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Brother Voodoo (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=50316)

TrollBrute May 25th, 2014 10:55 AM

The Book of Brother Voodoo

The Book of Brother Voodoo

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 41
THE TOMB OF DRACULA

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...odoo_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...oodoo_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Amazing Spider-Man set.
Its model number and name are #017a / Dr. Voodoo.

Character Bio - Born in Haiti, Jericho Drumm was seeped in Vodou culture from a young age. However, is was Jericho's younger brother, Daniel Drumm, who would train to become a houngan, a local priest while Jericho moved to New York City to study psychology. After twelve years away, Jericho returned to his homeland only to find his brother on the verge of death after a battle with a sorcerer possessed by the spirit of the serpent-god Damballah. Before his death, Daniel made Jericho swear to visit Papa Jambo, Daniel's mentor.

Keeping his promise, Jericho became Papa Jambo's student. After weeks of studying and mastering voodoo practices, Jericho surpassed his brother's abilities. Finally having trained a successor, Papa Jambo performed a final rite to return Daniel's spirit from the dead and bind it to Jericho's own. His strength and powers enhanced by his brother's spirit, Jericho sought revenge for Daniel's death. With Daniel's help, Jericho defeated Damballah and his cult, becoming Haiti's houngan supreme. Establishing a base in Haiti, Jericho, now calling himself Brother Voodoo, battles the supernatural forces of evil, while also becoming a force for good in his community.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
BenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

TrollBrute May 25th, 2014 10:56 AM

Re: The Book of Brother Voodoo - Design Phase

NAME = BROTHER VOODOO
SECRET IDENTITY = JERICHO DRUMM

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MYSTIC
PERSONALITY = STOIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 210

MYSTICAL SMOKE
After revealing an Order Marker on a card you control, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. Until you reveal your next numbered Order Marker, Brother Voodoo and all adjacent friendly figures do not have any visible hit zones and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SPIRIT POSSESSION
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card and instead of attacking with Brother Voodoo, you may choose an opponent's Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 8 or higher, take temporary control of that hero and immediately take a turn with the chosen Hero. After taking a turn with the chosen Hero, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, place a Wound Marker on this card and take one additional turn with the chosen figure. At the end of the turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to the player who controlled the Hero before the Spirit Possession. All Order Markers that were on the chosen Hero's card will stay on the card.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Brother Voodoo is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Brother Voodoo can take for this attack is one.

TrollBrute May 25th, 2014 10:57 AM

This is a pretty rough draft, so it'll probably need a lot of work. It's also a character I'm more aware of, than familiar with, so I'm open to any suggestions. The Smoke power in particular probably needs tweaking.

Comic art:

Background:

SirGalahad May 25th, 2014 11:13 AM

Sounds like you want the player to take the additional turn with the controlled figure. 2 unconditional turns with my opponent's heaviest hitter for the cost of an X marker and a single wound-- I'd take that every day of the week.

TrollBrute May 25th, 2014 11:29 AM

It could be pretty powerful, but I was hoping that restricting it to once per round with the 'X' (which also means the loss of the other power), and the wound would help balance. We could always add a D20 roll to one or both of the possessions.

SirGalahad May 25th, 2014 12:44 PM

I think the d20 would be advisable. Plus remember every X OM power we design has to take Loki into account and OM movement powers into account.

johnny139 May 25th, 2014 01:10 PM

For personality I would say something along the lines of "Stoic."

Spirit Possession is definitely going to need some heavy scrutiny. Not sure we need to mess with it right now, but I expect it'll need changes by the end.

TrollBrute May 25th, 2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1941264)
I think the d20 would be advisable. Plus remember every X OM power we design has to take Loki into account and OM movement powers into account.

True, though Loki only gives you that option when played with OM manipulators like Sage and Rogers, which is a lot of points (minimum 610) to sink into boosting one power. Where do you think a D20 would fit best. The first possession, the second, or both?

Margloth May 25th, 2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 1941273)

Maybe "Wise"? Since he was Sorcerer Supreme for awhile, it might be kind of neat if he was immune to it.

Also, should figures with Magical Defense be immune to Spirit Possession?

SirGalahad May 25th, 2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margloth (Post 1941275)
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 1941273)

Maybe "Wise"? Since he was Sorcerer Supreme for awhile, it might be kind of neat if he was immune to it.

Also, should figures with Magical Defense be immune to Spirit Possession?

I can go with Wise, but not the MD immunity to Spirit Possession.

IAmBatman May 25th, 2014 03:47 PM

I like "Mystic". The possession concerns are already expressed, so that's good. The language needs a tad of clarifying in that power to make it clear that the additional turn is with the chosen figure.

A3n May 25th, 2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1941296)
I like "Mystic". The possession concerns are already expressed, so that's good. The language needs a tad of clarifying in that power to make it clear that the additional turn is with the chosen figure.

:stupid: Completely.