Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   C3G Playtesting Sign-Ups (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=30002)

IAmBatman April 19th, 2010 06:50 PM

Re: Playtesting Sign-up

Yep - and I think that's what we'll continue to update as new tests are needed. We don't have to post them as soon as we start on the design, just when we are ready for playtests.

Griffin April 19th, 2010 07:17 PM

The list on the front page will be updated as needed, and the links in the future will be to the Lead Designer's profile page so that anyone can see who the LD is and how to contact them.

Spidey'tilIDie April 19th, 2010 07:25 PM

I think secrecy is kinda paramount, so I was wondering if leaking info about cards during playtesting phase should be grounds for dismissal from participation in C3G. Otherwise, what is to keep an Ally from posting any playtestable designs in their own thread as customs or as "leaked" cards (other than integrity.)

Griffin April 19th, 2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie (Post 1068554)
I think secrecy is kinda paramount, so I was wondering if leaking info about cards during playtesting phase should be grounds for dismissal from participation in C3G. Otherwise, what is to keep an Ally from posting any playtestable designs in their own thread as customs or as "leaked" cards (other than integrity.)

I think we can just deal with that if we ever have to. I trust our guys though to do the right thing. Besides, I don't think anyone wants to be "that guy".

GreyOwl April 19th, 2010 07:34 PM

I'm fine with trusting them, but there should also be consequences for violating that trust.

IAmBatman April 19th, 2010 08:30 PM

I think that if someone does something that crappy, we'll likely propose and vote that their Ally/Sidekick status be revoked pretty quickly. I think if you did something like that it'd be like renting a big thirty foot billboard to say "Screw you, C3G! I want out."
Well, they'd be getting out for sure.

Griffin April 19th, 2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1068609)
I think that if someone does something that crappy, we'll likely propose and vote that their Ally/Sidekick status be revoked pretty quickly. I think if you did something like that it'd be like renting a big thirty foot billboard to say "Screw you, C3G! I want out."
Well, they'd be getting out for sure.

Yeah, it is sorta like posting this smiley
Spoiler Alert!

GreyOwl April 19th, 2010 08:42 PM

I guess what I'm saying is, we all know that people shouldn't do that, but do the rules actually state our expectation?

Griffin April 19th, 2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyOwl (Post 1068627)
I guess what I'm saying is, we all know that people shouldn't do that, but do the rules actually state our expectation?

They don't, but I am personally against adding amendment after amendment to our Rules. I think if it were to happen, we should just address it then, but I don't think that it will.

IAmBatman April 19th, 2010 08:55 PM

It doesn't need to any more than it needs to have an amendment that says "don't be a jerk." If people don't realize that automatically, I don't think they're going to work well with others. :-P Griff excluded, lol.

GreyOwl April 19th, 2010 08:56 PM

I think some people could argue against the fact that they got kicked out for breaking a rule that's not stated anywhere (that wouldn't stop them from being kicked out, but it might create bad PR). What's the harm in including one line somewhere in our rules that says "All heroes, sidekicks, and allies are expected to keep unreleased designs private within C3G, or even within a small subgroup of C3G depending on the status and type of design." That last part is to prevent ERB members from sharing designs with each other.

IAmBatman April 19th, 2010 08:59 PM

Either way. :reapershrug: I'm admittedly not always the best at PR due to not caring what idiots think. :-P (That wasn't calling anyone in particular an idiot, except a hypothetical person who would raise cane if we kicked someone out for sharing private designs with others).