Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Secret (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=57764)

Lord Pyre August 7th, 2020 04:58 PM

The Book of Secret

The Book of Secret

C3G DC WAVE 41
CLASH OF THE TITANS

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...cret_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...ecret_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Teen Titans set.
Its model number and name are #040 / Secret.

Character Bio - Greta Hayes was murdered by her brother at a young age. He yearned to be a supervillain and murderer by the name of Harm, and Greta was his first victim. Due to the circumstances of her death, Greta remained on this plane of existence as essentially a ghost. Having lost most of her memories at this point, she roamed the earth as Secret, until she was captured by the DEO (Department of Extranormal Operations) to be studied. Young Justice eventually found out about her mistreatment at the hands of the DEO, and helped her to escape. She became quick friends with them all, and grew a crush on Robin. After learning about Robin’s romance with Spoiler, Secret grew angry, to the point of violence, battling Spoiler across Gotham City until Robin and Red Tornado stopped them, with Robin promising to always be there for her. Her volatile nature never went away, and after Robin left the team, Spoiler grew resentful and abandoned. She remained part of Young Justice, and friends with Wonder Girl, Empress, and Cissie, but she never fully grew into the hero role that was expected of her, even with mentoring by Hal Jordan, the current Spectre. She then found a new friend, one who really understood who and what she was: the tyrannical overlord Darkseid.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Secret may choose a Unique Human Sidekick you control to be her Obsession. List of Sidekicks.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Lord Pyre August 7th, 2020 05:00 PM

Re: The Book of Secret (Breathing)

NAME = SECRET
SECRET IDENTITY = GRETA HAYES

SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TITAN
PERSONALITY = NAIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 120

OBSESSIVE JEALOUSY
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Human Sidekick that you control to be Secret’s Obsession. If an opponent either inflicts a wound on or destroys Secret's Obsession with an attack, place Secret on an empty space adjacent to the attacking figure, if possible. Immediately after placing Secret this way, roll the 20-sided die once for each figure adjacent to Secret, other than her Obsession. If you roll 11 or higher, that figure receives a wound.

INTANGIBILITY
Secret can move through all figures, Fortress Walls, and obstacles, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Secret cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or for any opponents' special powers that require clear sight.

IMPOSING PRESENCE
Opponent's figures engaged with Secret subtract 1 die from their normal Attack number and 1 die from their Defense number, to a minimum of 1 die each.

FLYING

Lord Pyre August 7th, 2020 05:00 PM

Comic:

Mini:

Background:
Some sort of lab maybe? She was studied in one (In a Bacta-Tank looking thing) for a while.

Yodaking August 7th, 2020 05:06 PM

What's Imposing about her?

Lord Pyre August 7th, 2020 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2410643)
What's Imposing about her?

She's a ghost, she regularly transforms into giant monster visions to scare people, also she was trained by Darkseid near the end of the series so it's a callback to her connection to him.

Also she's just terrifying when she unleashes.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/GrvssFdDCh...A0oygt8s=s1600

IAmBatman August 7th, 2020 05:18 PM

Obsessive Jealousy has a fair amount packed into it, but all the mechanics seem clear enough. Looks good. :up: Cool to have an Undead Titan.

Lord Pyre August 7th, 2020 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2410651)
Obsessive Jealousy has a fair amount packed into it, but all the mechanics seem clear enough. Looks good. :up: Cool to have an Undead Titan.

Yeah definitely was concerned about it. But the consensus when chatting about it was that it was fine. If we need to tweak, I just want her to be a way to protect Robin, but in a more aggressive way. This way she stays with him, and attacks, while also dropping stats with Imposing Presence. The powers all mesh pretty well together with her.

quozl August 7th, 2020 05:28 PM

Maybe Imposing Illusion gets the theme across better?

Lord Pyre August 7th, 2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 2410654)
Maybe Imposing Illusion gets the theme across better?

Nope, her presence is imposing when she wants it to be. Keeping it for the Darkseid connection like I said.

johnny139 August 7th, 2020 05:36 PM

She's interesting... I'm sort of curious what sort of Undead/Sidekick army you could make for her, but nothing comes to mind. There's gotta be some sort of weird hybrid build!

I'd limit the reactive movement in her Jealousy to once per turn, to keep her from, say, wiping out a whole squad passively. I do feel like the Jealousy part doesn't quite come through, though... feels more like a protective power than a jealous one?

I'd also try to mirror the movement - either drop her base move to 4 or up the reactive move to 5. Just for memory reasons.

Imposing Presence does feel a little weird on her. I do dig the reuse, but some sort of tweak might work better? And it gives us an excuse to clean up the language a bit...

UNNERVING PRESENCE
Opponent's figures engaged with Secret that are not Fearless subtract 1 from their Attack and Defense numbers, to a minimum of 1 each.

Ah, but I see the Darkseid parallel is important. Fair enough then.

Lord Pyre August 7th, 2020 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 2410660)
I'd limit the reactive movement in her Jealousy to once per turn, to keep her from, say, wiping out a whole squad passively. I do feel like the Jealousy part doesn't quite come through, though... feels more like a protective power than a jealous one?

I'm open to suggestions there. I want her to be protective of Robin in an aggressive way. She chased Spoiler through Gotham City because she though Spoiler wasn't good enough for Robin. Not sure I want a negative "attack you allies" style power here, but definitely fine with tweaking it for theme.

I'm fine changing the move to match!

Arch-vile August 7th, 2020 10:37 PM

Pretty cool design. Imposing Presence with that free movement bonding is definitely going to be strong, but she's got pretty weak stats so it shouldn't be too bad taking her out first.