Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=29548)

IAmBatman March 21st, 2010 10:57 PM

The Book of Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

The Book of Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Unleashed set.
Its model number and name are #82-84 / Green Lantern.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Unleashed set.
Its model number and name are #220 / Hal Jordan.

Character Bio - Captain Hal "Highball" Jordan was chosen to represent an intergalactic police force created by the oldest beings in existence - the Guardians of the Universe. Protecting Earth and all of Space Sector 2814 from every extraterrestrial threat imaginable. Hal Jordan shines his light proudly as the Green Lantern.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Green Lantern, Green Lantern has these Green Lantern Synergies.
  • As a Human, Green Lantern has these Human Synergies.
  • As an Officer, Green Lantern has these Officer Synergies.
  • As a figure with the Green Power Battery special power, green Battery Markers may be placed on Green Lantern's Army Card by Jade's Starheart Recharge special power.
  • As a figure with Battery Markers, Green Lantern has these Battery Marker Synergies.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-
  • As a flying figure, Green Lantern interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Super Strength special power, Green Lantern interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a Fearless figure, Green Lantern interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Green Power Battery special power, Green Lantern is susceptible to Fatality's Green Lantern Retribution special power.
  • As a figure that starts with green Battery Markers on its card, Green Lantern is susceptible to a Manhunter's Green Power Drain special power.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Griffin March 21st, 2010 11:07 PM

Re: The Book of Green Lantern Hal Jordan - Design Phase

NAME = GREEN LANTERN
SECRET IDENTITY = HAL JORDAN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OFFICER
PERSONALITY = FEARLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 350

GREEN POWER BATTERY 4
Start the game with 4 green Battery Markers on this card. Add one to this Green Lantern's Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers for each green Battery Marker on this card.

GREEN POWER SHIELD
Anytime this Green Lantern or an adjacent, friendly figure is attacked by an opponent's figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, instead of rolling defense dice normally, you may remove one green Battery Marker from this card and ignore that attack.

FEARLESS CHARGE 17
After you take a turn with this Green Lantern, if he is not adjacent to any friendly figures and is engaged with at least one enemy figure, roll the 20-sided die and add one to the roll for each Wound Marker on this card. If you roll a 17 or higher you may take another turn with this Green Lantern.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

ORIGINAL POST:
Spoiler Alert!

IAmBatman March 21st, 2010 11:09 PM

Yeah, I've played with him a bunch so far and had a lot of fun as well. :-) I won't be testing any more, though, probably, until we finalize all of the powers and stats.
So ... what do people think?

quozl March 21st, 2010 11:14 PM

350 points seems like a lot! Why is he worth so much?

IAmBatman March 21st, 2010 11:15 PM

Uh ... did you read the powers?

quozl March 21st, 2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1043054)

Yeah and I'm not seeing it. Can you give some playtest session examples?

Griffin March 21st, 2010 11:19 PM

Like I said, I play tested him about 30 times already, and he is easily worth 350-380 points.

IAmBatman March 21st, 2010 11:19 PM

This power is key ...

GREEN POWER BATTERY 4
Start the game with 4 Green Markers on this card. Add one to Green Lantern's movement, range, attack and defense numbers for each Green Marker on this card.

This means he starts the game with 9 Move, 5 Range, 7 Attack and 7 Defense ... what would you say that's worth?

Griffin March 21st, 2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1043056)
Quote:

Why don't you run him against some heavy hitters like Hulk and Superman, then you will find out for yourself without having to ask others post those results for you.

quozl March 21st, 2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1043060)
Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1043056)
Quote:

Why don't you run him against some heavy hitters like Hulk and Superman, then you will find out for yourself without having to ask others post those results for you.

Seriously? You've playtested him 30 times and this is what you post rather than just giving some examples from those 30 playtests?

Forget it.

IAmBatman March 21st, 2010 11:26 PM

I still don't think you really understand how the card operates from reading it ... so either you're not reading it closely enough (which I doubt, since you seem pretty sharp) or it's something you're just not going to get until you play it yourself.
We could post results against Hulk and Superman all day (both of whom, GL performs well against), but you're not really going to get much better of an understanding from reading them.
Play one game and that alone will open up your eyes more than a hundred playtest posts will.
Honestly, I'm afraid 350 might be a bit low, but I'm optimistic that it could hold up to continued tests.

quozl March 21st, 2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1043069)
Play one game and that alone will open up your eyes more than a hundred playtest posts will.

Oh, I plan on it. But, sadly, I won't be able to for another 10 days. That's why I'd really like to see playtest sessions.