Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred April 8th, 2016 07:43 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Since he has a less than 50% chance to succeed, 65 POINTS may be ok. Opinions?

CJofCourse April 8th, 2016 09:13 PM

Re: Kosher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2084058)
I'm good with it. If I notice any wording fixes I'll take care of them later.

~Dysole, informationally

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred
Since he has a less than 50% chance to succeed, 65 POINTS may be ok. Opinions?

Ends in 5, is balanced, looks good to me @Confred .

Sooooo..... Is that basically it on the SP and the SA? And now all we need to do now is agree on points and figure out basic stats? & then Doof is finished?!

In this post I would also like to mention that I have a proposal to make to the entire Heroes of Fiction team, just need to word it a little better so that I don't come across as rude or out of place. Will probably have figured it all out by the end of the month if not by next week.

Barry allen April 8th, 2016 10:57 PM

No one would take it the wrong way if you just state that you not trying to be rude.;)

JC McMinis April 9th, 2016 02:18 AM

Afreed and yes...I think Doof is good as posted and 65 points seems right to me.
Edit; DUHHH :p Here is the Updated card
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psgfnrznnn.jpg

So I officially give it my :thumbsup:

CJofCourse April 9th, 2016 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2084126)
Afreed and yes...I think Doof is good as posted and 65 points seems right to me.
Edit; DUHHH :p Here is the Updated card
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psgfnrznnn.jpg

So I officially give it my :thumbsup:

Hallelujah! Looks perfect!
Just my opinion, but I think @Taeblewalker should begin preparing a Hero considering this one is basically finished.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry allen (Post 2084105)
No one would take it the wrong way if you just state that you not trying to be rude.;)

Possibly, except that I have only made myself known to this team for a few months and haven't been acknowledged as a full member yet. I don't want to look like that guy who just comes in and flips everything over and takes control. Probably just me overthinking everything as usual, but still...

TREX April 10th, 2016 01:11 PM

@CJtheMighty , constructive criticism is great when applied the right way. This thread has been going far longer than I have been a part of it. I might suggest that if you want too many changes you might want to just do your own customs thread. Since your not a member maybe suggest some changes to the existing members. Team projects are just that, a group of people coming to a consensus of what the team goal is.

JC McMinis April 10th, 2016 05:13 PM

I believe @Taeblewalker , @Confred and myself are the only original members of the beginning group who are left. So if any of us have any complete say or any kind of veto power on any changes it will be the three of us. That is not to say we won't consider any new ideas to improve this project

CJofCourse April 10th, 2016 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2084320)
@CJtheMighty , constructive criticism is great when applied the right way. This thread has been going far longer than I have been a part of it. I might suggest that if you want too many changes you might want to just do your own customs thread. Since your not a member maybe suggest some changes to the existing members. Team projects are just that, a group of people coming to a consensus of what the team goal is.

Thanks for the support, I am only suggesting one rule addition/modification and am only suggesting it, I understand that I may not be agreed with and accept it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2084364)
I believe @Taeblewalker , @Confred and myself are the only original members of the beginning group who are left. So if any of us have any complete say or any kind of veto power on any changes it will be the three of us. That is not to say we won't consider any new ideas to improve this project

Acknowledged JC. I am also aware that anything I propose will be considered by the team and by the original members and that what is said by them is taken as final word.

CJofCourse April 10th, 2016 09:17 PM

Well... Here it is.
I propose that a new rule be added/modified to attempt to prevent the team from getting bored due to a custom taking longer than expected and/or getting frustrated due to problems during custom design such as, arguing over a stat/s, a Special Power's specific wording. Or even bringing everything to a halt due to members not being able to check heroscapers because they are busy.

The Proposed Rule Addition/Modification:
Quote:

5 months* after a custom has been initiated by the lead designer, if the custom has not been deemed finished, the lead designer decides on the final stats, power wording, and otherwise final draft of the custom. And proposes to finalize the custom. All members then proceed as usual during the voting stage. If a member feels that the custom is not ready, he must say so and 2 weeks(*1) will be added to the Draft stage. And the end of the added time the custom is then finalized by the lead designer. The next custom is chosen by the next member in line, and all proceeds as normal except with the addition of this rule.
*Could be 4, or 6. Depending on what everyone thinks about it.
(*1) or 3, or one month.

The other advantages of this rule include:
  • Ensuring that HOF gets at least 2 customs out in a year.
  • Keeping everything fresh.
  • Giving members the promise that if they can't help with one character, they know that something new will be here in a few months.

Please let me know what you think, everything and anything is helpful. Please do not feel as though you would be offending me if you decide this rule is out of place and/or should not be incorporated into Heroes of Fiction. I came up with this idea with only the interest of HOF in mind, if no one else thinks it would be helpful to HOF, then please say so because, chances are, you have been here longer than I have and have more experience in this area.
With best interest in mind -CJ

Barry allen April 11th, 2016 04:10 PM

That sounds good because then it would allow new members and therefore pushing everyone to get it done so that you can move on.

Confred April 11th, 2016 05:16 PM

Testing. I've tried to post twice now. Too much text to lose without patience with it.
Edit:
Doof
(A) Dr. Doofenshmirtz vs Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
As a call sign, the simpler Dr. is by far more common.
If you choose Heinz, must needs include Heinz in all of power texts.

(B) Scientist vs Evil Scientist
Evil Scientist is the shtick. I relate it to Mage vs Archmage, Witch vs Warwitch, Killer vs Serial Killer, Terrorist vs Bioterrorist, etc.

test edit:
Change in Policy
(I ) I propose we allow unattended and absent by Lead designs to be tabled.
(I.2 ) I propose tabled designs to be posted in a new section at the bottom of page 1, with a title similar to Tabled / WIP
(I.3 ) I propose proposed tabling be required to have thumbs up votes by members.
(I.4 ) I propose the thumbs up votes by members to table to be 3.
(I.5 ) I propose that nonmembers may request tabling.
(I.6 ) I propose no set time for determining something being inactive for too long, instead use "feels"
(I.7 ) I propose that any tabled design can be chosen during any member's turn as their chosen character to be drafted and developed,
(I.8 ) I propose that any drafted design previously in the Tabled / WIP zone may be halted by member if they deem it to stray too far from original design. The old design would then return to the table and then the current progress becomes a new project for the same character. HoF has the capacity to make different versions of the same character.
(II ) I propose the official proper etiquette to draw attention to things to be voted and commented on to be colored blue with an identifying number in parenthesis, such as (II).

TREX April 11th, 2016 07:08 PM

Good call @Confred , I like your policy change ideas. I think that will help HOF keep from getting stagnant.

Dysole April 11th, 2016 08:51 PM

Loose change

Good with the changes.

Drake (II) disagrees with point 1.

I prefer evil scientist as long as it doesn't look clunky on the card.

~Dysole, who still finds pharmacist as a class hilarious

Confred April 11th, 2016 09:26 PM

Re: Loose change

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2084606)
Drake (II) disagrees with point A.

You have a good point. Drake II, is perhaps outdated, but Kurrok the Elementalist has some interesting name play, and the most updated wording.

I'm not sure yet what's going on with the wording tbh, but how about:

NEMESIS MOTIVATION
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. If an opponent controls Perry the Platypus, you must choose him to be the Nemesis. After revealing an order marker and before taking the turn, the Nemesis may immediately move up to 4 spaces.

BEHOLD MY DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK

Range Special. Attack 5.
Choose a space within 5 clear sight spaces of Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz. All figures on the chosen space and within 3 spaces of the chosen space are affected by Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may choose a different space within 5 spaces of Doofenshmirtz to be the chosen space. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz may attack with his Behold My Destructinator Special Attack once per game.

Confred April 15th, 2016 01:41 PM

Range Special. Attack 5.
Choose a space within 5 clear sight spaces of Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz. All figures on the chosen space and within 3 spaces of the chosen space are affected by Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may choose a different space within 5 spaces of Doofenshmirtz to be the chosen space. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz may only attack with his Behold My Destructinator Special Attack once per game.

Confred April 18th, 2016 04:23 PM

BEHOLD MY DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK (O)
Range Special. Attack 5.
Once per game, Dr. Doofenshmirtz may attack with his Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Choose a space within 5 clear sight spaces of Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz. All figures on the chosen space and within 2 spaces of the chosen space are affected by Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may choose a different space within 5 spaces of Doofenshmirtz to be the chosen space. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Notes: Erevan Sunshadow has his once per game power state that it is once per game at the start of the power text. No figure that I am aware of has come out since Erevan that has a once per game power.
The Special Attack was intended to hit three spaces to represent the "Tri-Arc". If you choose within 3 spaces, I think it is actually 4: The chosen space + 3. If this is correct then +2 = the intended 3 spaces.
Clear sight is only needed on the chosen space. Clear sight isn't needed to affect the figures, does this need to be stated? I tried a few wording versions and it seemed clunky.

I playtested Doof vs Carr. He whiffed his SA and Carr mopped him up.
The Nemesis move was a decent enough drawback. I can see Doof dropping to 45 Points.

BEHOLD MY DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK (M)
Range Special. Attack 5.
Once per game, Doofenshmirtz may attack with his Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Doofenshmirtz does not need clear line of sight to attack with his Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Choose a space within 5 spaces of Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz. All figures on the chosen space and within 2 spaces of the chosen space are affected by Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may choose a different space within 5 spaces of Doofenshmirtz to be the chosen space. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Note: Using Mindflayer wording for clear sight, and removing the clear sight reference adds more text, but may be better and clearer.

BEHOLD MY DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK (J)
Range Special. Attack 5.
Once per game, Doofenshmirtz may attack with his Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Choose a space within 5 clear sight spaces of Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz. All figures on the chosen space and within 2 spaces of the chosen space are affected by Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Doofenshmirtz only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen space. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may choose a different space within 5 spaces of Doofenshmirtz to be the chosen space. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Note: Shotgun Johnny's wording may also work.
In fact, Johnny “Shotgun” Sullivan may be a good figure of comparison.
He's 65 Points. Same Life. Same SA range. +3 NA range. -1 Attack. -1 Defense. -1 SA radius. -2 SA damage. SA isn't limited to once per game. SA doesn't require d20.

JC McMinis April 20th, 2016 01:43 PM

I like J the best myself

Confred April 20th, 2016 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2085732)
I like J the best myself

:thumbsup:

Thus, Current Wording:

NEMESIS MOTIVATION (I)
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. If an opponent controls Perry the Platypus, you must choose him to be the Nemesis. After revealing an order marker and before taking the turn, the Nemesis may immediately move up to 4 spaces.

BEHOLD MY DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK (II)
Range Special. Attack 5.
Once per game, Doofenshmirtz may attack with his Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Choose a space within 5 clear sight spaces of Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz. All figures on the chosen space and within 2 spaces of the chosen space are affected by Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Doofenshmirtz only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen space. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may choose a different space within 5 spaces of Doofenshmirtz to be the chosen space. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

alt
NEMESIS MOTIVATION (A)
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. If an opponent controls Perry the Platypus, you must choose him to be the Nemesis. After revealing an order marker and before taking the turn, the Nemesis may immediately move up to 4 spaces.

Request Playtests vs Johnny “Shotgun” Sullivan

Confred April 23rd, 2016 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2085733)
Request Playtests vs Johnny “Shotgun” Sullivan

After 3 playtests I'm comfortable in thinking these two figures are equivalent, and this figure flavorful without theme breaks; I would like to push this design forward.

Proposed Wording: (Same as previously posted "Current Wording", versions I and II)

NEMESIS MOTIVATION

Range Special. Attack 5.

Proposed Left Side Bar:

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
EVIL SCIENTIST
TORMENTED
MEDIUM 5

Proposed Right Side Bar:

LIFE 5
MOVE 5
RANGE 4
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 3
POINTS 65

Unofficial Card Visual:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...7_original.jpg

:thumbsup:

Dysole April 23rd, 2016 03:25 AM

Solid

Looks good to me. :thumbsup:

~Dysole, observationally

JC McMinis April 23rd, 2016 06:03 AM

I agree here is the (hopefully) Official final card. It has my :thumbsup:
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psj5bilrgn.jpg

Confred April 23rd, 2016 09:51 AM

May sound silly @Dysole , but you need to literally "thumbs up" it for vote to count.
@JC McMinis may I see what the card would look like with the first Destructinator written as Destruct- inator, to break that first large gap in the SA wording?

JC McMinis April 23rd, 2016 01:24 PM

@Confred No problem. Here you go
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psmcavhszu.jpg

TREX April 23rd, 2016 11:04 PM

Bravo gentlemen, if this is the final card then, well done. I actually started watching a little of this show the other day because my little girl had it on and was enjoying it. Doofenshmirtz is a goofball.:)

Confred April 24th, 2016 08:48 AM

Thanks JC, much better.

Needs one thumbs up to finish.

McHotcakes April 27th, 2016 03:19 PM

I'm glad I decided to check in on this project after a few months off of this site. I've read through the thread to catch up on what I missed and really like how Doofenshmirtz has shaped up.

I say yay! :thumbsup:

Confred April 27th, 2016 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2086752)
I'm glad I decided to check in on this project after a few months off of this site. I've read through the thread to catch up on what I missed and really like how Doofenshmirtz has shaped up.

I say yay! :thumbsup:

Excellent, that was our final vote.

Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz Passes, welcome to HoF!
:toast:

Who's next - and what is the current list? Add our new members to the end of it. By the time it's their turn, they'll be vets ;)

TREX April 27th, 2016 09:37 PM

@Confred , also remember to take me off the list. I still will ease drop in on what you guys are doing though. I still like the project, just don't have the time.:) Good to see this evil Genious getting his due.

JC McMinis April 28th, 2016 12:12 AM

Mayhap everyone still wanting to be an active member should chime in. Obviously @TREX is bowing out as full fledge member. I for one am still in.

CJofCourse April 28th, 2016 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2086837)
Mayhap everyone still wanting to be an active member should chime in. Obviously @TREX is bowing out as full fledge member. I for one am still in.

I, even though I am not a member yet. Also, I believe that @Taeblewalker was the next member in order for lead designer.

CJofCourse April 28th, 2016 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2036813)
This is the last posted order so yes @Dysole is next

JC McMinis
TREX
Dysole
Taeblewalker
Machineking
McHotcakes
Confred

Double-checked just to make sure. Taeblewalker if he is still active, otherwise it is Hotcakes or Confred.

Confred April 28th, 2016 02:10 AM

So if I'm correct the Design Lead Queue is:

Taeblewalker
Machineking
McHotcakes - Captain Jack
Confred - Dexter Morgan
CJtheMighty
Barry allen
JC McMinis - Percy Jackson
Dysole - Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Edit: Added most recent designs of each player on the list; (TREX - Kratos). Note: By memory; I'll edit any needed corrections.

Barry allen April 28th, 2016 01:45 PM

I would like to join if possible.

Taeblewalker April 28th, 2016 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry allen (Post 2086885)
I would like to join if possible.

I don't see why not.

As for my design, I'm doing Ookla the Mok from Thundarr the Barbarian!

I think he should have a power that lets him rend opponents if he hits with both mitts. That would require a double attack. He would fight for Aquilla, so he already bonds with Thundarr. I'm not sure yet what other powers I would give him. Any ideas?

Confred April 28th, 2016 09:13 PM

Describe the character for us. How does he fit into the source series, what role does he play there? Why would Aquilla recruit him? Does he have any iconic behaviors, abilities? In show power level?
This will be fun. The research portion is one of my favorites.

Confred April 29th, 2016 10:32 AM

Initial, sketchy, thoughts: He's a melee brute that rips up terrain and throws stuff. He has a bow, but doubtful that aspect will make it to the card (kind of like how Grimnak's bow has no effect).

This period is for brainstorming, describing aspects and functions of the character. It is not about ironing out mechanics, mentioning possible mechanics sure, but the key is to list multiple things and choose from that list to shape the eventual design.

Confred April 29th, 2016 12:31 PM

WRECK SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 4.
Choose a Squad figure, destructible object, evergreen tree, or stalagmite adjacent to Ookla. Destroy the target to attack with Wreck Special Attack.

Barry allen April 29th, 2016 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2087016)
WRECK SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 4.
Choose a Squad figure, destructible object, evergreen tree, or stalagmite adjacent to Ookla. Destroy the target to attack with Wreck Special Attack.

Hmm. How about this;
TREE SMASH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range special. Attack 4.
Ookla cannot use Tree Shasm Special Attack if he is not adjacent to a tree. After choosing a target adjacent to Ookla, remove the tree from the battle field and you may attack the chosen figure with 4 attack dice.

I figured name it Tree Hurl because http://thundarr.wikia.com/wiki/Ookla says "Ookla has great strength, usually fighting by ripping up a nearby sapling or piece of wreckage to club his enemies"

I think he should have an ability that allows him to make terrain so that you can't move over it without flying.

mac122 April 29th, 2016 06:57 PM

Perhaps you guys should create something similar to the C3G Destructible Object Evergreen Tree or the canisters and crates we created for HoSS and allow Ookla to use it in an attack on an adjacent figure.

JC McMinis April 29th, 2016 07:29 PM

One thing with Ookla are we going to incorporate his fear of water?

Confred April 29th, 2016 08:42 PM

After watching several episodes, Throwing is kind of his thing. He throws dudes, trees, doors, rocks, into other things.
My Wreck Special Attack is kind of like Chomp + Double Attack. I like that Wreck SA has Range, but not a high value.

Confred April 29th, 2016 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2087066)
One thing with Ookla are we going to incorporate his fear of water?

Probably. It hasn't come up in my episodes, but the wiki's all make a deal of it.

Ookla counts water spaces as molten lava spaces.

Barry allen April 29th, 2016 10:34 PM

FEAR OF WATER
When counting movement for Ookla, Water spaces are considered Lava spaces.;)

JC McMinis April 30th, 2016 06:15 AM

How about this instead of sayinghe treats it like molten lava..cause that kinda makes it sound like he is destroyed when enters it, How about
FEAR OF WATER
When moving Ookla he may never enter a water space.

Confred April 30th, 2016 09:27 AM

Ookla must have an unrevealed order marker to enter water spaces. After moving on water, remove an order marker from his card.

McHotcakes April 30th, 2016 11:03 AM

How about before Ookla enters a water space you must roll the 20 sided die. If you roll an x or lower, Ookla's turn immediately ends. If you roll a y or higher you move move Ookla onto the water space normally.

Water is a lot more prominate than lava so having Ookla treat it the same might make him hard to use IMO.

TREX April 30th, 2016 11:23 AM

I like what you suggest McHotcakes, It kind of plays out that he was thinking of moving into water but stopped his turn due to his fear of water.

McHotcakes April 30th, 2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 2087065)
Perhaps you guys should create something similar to the C3G Destructible Object Evergreen Tree

I wouldn't be opposed to "borrowing" the c3g design and repackaging it for classic scape. Trees and ruins as destructible objects makes sense and I feel they reason they don't have cards already is because the concept wasn't introduced yet. Introducing DO cards for the obstacles doesn't seem out of the question for classic customs.

As for Ookla's throw, maybe something like...

Ookla Throw
After moving and instead of attacking you may choose any non-flying single spaced figure adjacent to Ookla and place it on any empty non-adjacent space with 4 clear sight spaces of Ookla. If the thrown figures is a DO or squad figure, destroy it. If it is hero roll 1 unlockable attack die. After the thrown figure is placed you may also choose one figure adjacent to it, and roll 1 unlockable attack die against it.

Wording isn't perfect, but its an idea.