Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Glyph of Cosmic Converter Belt (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=52674)

TrollBrute February 7th, 2016 11:58 AM

The Book of Glyph of Cosmic Converter Belt

The Book of the Glyph of Cosmic Converter Belt

C3G DC WAVE 25
THE JUSTICE SOCIETY

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...verterBelt.png
Card PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...verterBelt.png
Glyph PDF

Glyph Bio - Based on the Gravity Rod technology first developed by Ted Knight, the Cosmic Converter Belt gives the wearer enhanced strength, speed, and agility, as well as the ability to fly. It can also be used to fire 'shooting stars' which blind and disorient opponents. It was first worn by Sylvester Pembleton, the original Star-Spangled Kid. Later it was found by Courtney Whitmore, the step-daughter of Sylvester's old partner, Stripesy. Courtney used the Belt to great effect in her adventures as Stargirl.

-Type of Glyph-
  • Equipment Glyph: See the rules for Equipment Glyphs HERE.
-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits ReceivedSynergy Benefits Offered
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

TrollBrute February 7th, 2016 11:58 AM

Re: The Book of Glyph of Cosmic Converter Belt

NAME = GLYPH OF COSMIC CONVERTER BELT
SUBTITLE = STAT SUBTRACTION

INVENTION EQUIPMENT GLYPH
When this glyph comes into play, place 4 white Star Markers on this card. After taking a turn with this figure, you may choose an opponent's Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces and place a Star Marker on its Army Card. A figure with one or more of this glyph's Star Markers on its card subtracts 1 from its Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers to a minimum of 1. Figures with the Blind Warrior or Sensory Assault special power are not affected by this glyph. At the end of the round, any of this glyph's Star Markers that were placed on other cards are removed from the game.

IAmBatman February 7th, 2016 12:10 PM

Looks good. :up: @japes is taking this one, I assume?

I really like the strategic decision making with this one. Timing its use just right is a skill I think I'm still developing. (Though I also have to remember that if Starman takes a wound, he loses it! Probably good reason to use the markers up quickly there).

Viegon February 7th, 2016 12:48 PM

I've been meaning to bring up that, currently, the power stacks if there are multiple Belts in the game (which is easy with Starman and Stargirl). The line "a figure with one or more Star Markers on its card subtracts 1 from its Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers to a minimum of 1" currently allows each Belt to trigger off of the same marker; for example, if both players had Starman and Stargirl with the Belt and a Star Marker was placed, the figure would subtract 4 from their stats.

I think we can fix that by doing this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrollBrute (Post 2072263)
GLYPH OF COSMIC CONVERTER BELT
When this glyph comes into play, place 4 white Star Markers on this card. After taking a turn with this figure, you may choose an opponent's Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces and place a Star Marker on its Army Card. A figure with one or more of this glyph's Star Markers on its card subtracts 1 from its Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers to a minimum of 1. Figures with the Sensory Assault or Radar Sense special power are not affected by this glyph. At the end of the round, any of this glyph's Star Markers from this card that were placed on other cards are removed from the game.

IAmBatman February 7th, 2016 12:53 PM

Nice catch. :up: I support that verbiage.

japes February 7th, 2016 03:52 PM

I'm not sure why the second instance of "this glyph" is needed. Regardless at the end of the round the marker's get removed correct? So needing to say "this glyph's" or "from this card" seems irrelevant there.

Second if it's worded different can it just be a flat -1 for each marker regardless of how many belts are in play...similar to the way Healing Factor X was adjusted?

When this glyph comes into play, place 4 white Star Markers on this card. After taking a turn with this figure, you may choose an opponent's Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces and place a Star Marker on its Army Card. Figures subtracts 1 from its Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers to a minimum of 1, for each Star Marker on its Army Card. Figures with the Sensory Assault or Radar Sense special power are not affected by this glyph. At the end of the round, any Star Markers that were placed on other cards are removed from the game.

This part is probably still not 100% but I still think we can word this better.

Viegon February 7th, 2016 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2072329)
Figures subtracts 1 from its Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers to a minimum of 1, for each Star Marker on its Army Card.

This actually makes things worse. Currently, a figure only subtracts 1 from their stats, regardless of the number of Star Markers on their card, as long as there is only one Belt in the game. That wording changes it so that a figure with 2 Star Markers on its card would subtract 2 from each of its stats. If they had 2 Star Markers and there were 2 Belts in the game, they'd subtract 4 from their stats; 2 markers with 3 Belts would be -6 to their stats, and so on.

Each Glyph is checked individually, each triggering off of the markers individually, meaning they stack; to prevent stacking, the wording needs to clearly specify that each Glyph only interacts with the markers that come from that Glyph's card.

Quote:

At the end of the round, any Star Markers that were placed on other cards are removed from the game.

Sure, that works. I only suggested the second "this glyph" for consistency.

TrollBrute February 7th, 2016 05:14 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure why the second instance of "this glyph" is needed. Regardless at the end of the round the marker's get removed correct? So needing to say "this glyph's" or "from this card" seems irrelevant there.

Consistency and clarity. Plus, if the markers ever get used somewhere else, they might not be removed at the end of the round. Best to cover all our bases.

Quote:

Second if it's worded different can it just be a flat -1 for each marker regardless of how many belts are in play...similar to the way Healing Factor X was adjusted?

When this glyph comes into play, place 4 white Star Markers on this card. After taking a turn with this figure, you may choose an opponent's Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces and place a Star Marker on its Army Card. Figures subtracts 1 from its Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers to a minimum of 1, for each Star Marker on its Army Card. Figures with the Sensory Assault or Radar Sense special power are not affected by this glyph. At the end of the round, any Star Markers that were placed on other cards are removed from the game.

This part is probably still not 100% but I still think we can word this better.

No V is right. The wording you have here and what I had originally would allow this power to trigger for each glyph in play. A figure (let's say Batman) has a Star Marker on his card from Starman, but I have Starman and Stargirl in play. Starman's copy of the Belt subtracts his stats by 1. Stargirl's copy of the glyph also subtracts 1 from Batman's stats. Meaning Bats has a -2 to all of his stats. Like Uncommons, you have two different cards, and the effects from each trigger. Plus, the change to allow extra markers on a figure's card to subtract stats would be a mechanical change which I'd rather not have to retest.

V's wording seems good to me, but hopefully @SirGalahad will chime in here with thoughts on that change and/or any other wording tweaks needed.

*Sidenote, Dazzler will need a similar text update. In a mirror match, each of their markers would subtract -2, meaning your own Dazzler would be hurting your figures.

japes February 7th, 2016 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viegon (Post 2072347)
Quote:

Figures subtracts 1 from its Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers to a minimum of 1, for each Star Marker on its Army Card.

This actually makes things worse. Currently, a figure only subtracts 1 from their stats, regardless of the number of Star Markers on their card, as long as there is only one Belt in the game. That wording changes it so that a figure with 2 Star Markers on its card would subtract 2 from each of its stats. If they had 2 Star Markers and there were 2 Belts in the game, they'd subtract 4 from their stats; 2 markers with 3 Belts would be -6 to their stats, and so on.

That's actually because I misread the power.

TrollBrute February 11th, 2016 12:02 PM

Re: The Book of Glyph of Cosmic Converter Belt - Final Editi

With Starman passing, this is also in Final Editing and I'm also hoping to get @SirGalahad to look it over.

japes February 11th, 2016 09:37 PM

I'm a little burned out right now due to work and preparing for Baseball practices that start tomorrow. I've also got an all day meeting tomorrow for work. I'll get to these, it just won't be for a few days.

TrollBrute February 12th, 2016 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2073237)
I'm a little burned out right now due to work and preparing for Baseball practices that start tomorrow. I've also got an all day meeting tomorrow for work. I'll get to these, it just won't be for a few days.

No major rush, as long as we get them done by April. :) Also, I have to chuckle at the thought of baseball practice right now. Here in middle of nowhereOhio, we're looking at a high of 10(Fahrenheit) tomorrow.