Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Orange Construct (Controller) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56742)

MrNobody March 22nd, 2020 10:23 PM

The Book of Orange Construct (Controller)

The Book of Orange Construct (Controller)

C3G DC SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 77
FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS: LESS IS MORE

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...ller_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...oller_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the War of Light set.
Its model number and name are #009 / Controller Construct.

Character Bio - After a small contingent of the meddling Controllers (A group of immortals related to the Oans and Zamarons) made a gambit to seize the power of the Orange Light, they were consumed by it. Now, these Constructs serve in Larfleeze's mockery of an Orange Lantern Corps, a reminder of what happens when you challenge Agent Orange.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a flying figure, Orange Construct interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Super Strength special power, Orange Construct interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with a secret identity, Orange Construct interacts differently with these special powers.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

MrNobody March 22nd, 2020 10:25 PM

Re: The Book of Orange Construct (Controller)

NAME = ORANGE CONSTRUCT
SECRET IDENTITY = CONTROLLER

SPECIES = ENERGY
UNIQUENESS = COMMON HERO
CLASS = CONSTRUCT
PERSONALITY = INSATIABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 50

ORANGE CONSTRUCT AMBUSH
Orange Construct Controllers do not start the game on the battlefield. After revealing an Order Marker on Orange Lantern's Army Card, you may immediately place up to 3 Orange Constructs with this special power in your army that are not on the battlefield and not destroyed on any empty spaces within 3 clear sight spaces of that Orange Lantern. For the rest of your turn, when attacking with a figure placed with this special power, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled. If you no longer control any Orange Lanterns, destroy all Orange Construct Controllers you control.

ATTENTION HOG
If a figure adjacent to one or more figures you control with the Attention Hog special power attacks a friendly figure without it, the attacking figure subtracts 1 from its Attack number.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

MrNobody March 22nd, 2020 10:28 PM

Mini Pic

Background

Comic Art

Arch-vile March 22nd, 2020 10:40 PM

Mini pic:

I'm a fan of this one.

johnny139 March 22nd, 2020 11:16 PM

Don't know these guys. My first question is whether the first line of the first power refers to just these guys (the Controllers) or to all Orange Constructs in your army?

I also think 4 Attack + an auto-skull could be very potent, but they are common heroes, so maybe that's not enough to make them too much. Larfleeze isn't much of a force at the moment, so might be warranted. We'll see!

MrNobody March 22nd, 2020 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 2360442)
Don't know these guys.

Controllers themselves are one of those Legion concepts that wound up popping up in modern day. Real C-listers, even by Legion villain standards.

At the very start of the Agent Orange storyline, a small handful of them wander into Larfleeze's domain and try to screw with him. Doesn't go well.

Quote:

My first question is whether the first line of the first power refers to just these guys (the Controllers) or to all Orange Constructs in your army?
Should be this Orange Construct, to match Stolen Identity. Will update.

Quote:

I also think 4 Attack + an auto-skull could be very potent, but they are common heroes, so maybe that's not enough to make them too much. Larfleeze isn't much of a force at the moment, so might be warranted. We'll see!
Absolutely willing to tweak up or down. I am hoping to keep them at 50 points, just cause the Oranges are kinda limited in army building options and 50 is an easy number.

Ronin March 22nd, 2020 11:47 PM

Quick question, thematically... I know we're using the Controller mini, but is this in effect really an Orange Construct (Controller) design, or more like a general-purpose Orange Construct that stands in for pretty much whichever character in Larfleeze's army?

No notes either way, more a point of curiosity.

MrNobody March 22nd, 2020 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2360475)
Quick question, thematically... I know we're using the Controller mini, but is this in effect really an Orange Construct (Controller) design, or more like a general-purpose Orange Construct that stands in for pretty much whichever character in Larfleeze's army?

No notes either way, more a point of curiosity.

There's not really anything Controller-y about this design in practice. Fully intending this to be a foot soldier type unit for the Oranges.

Ronin March 23rd, 2020 01:37 AM

Re: The Book of Orange Construct (Controller) (Breathing)

Groovy. Seems reasonable to me, but do we still want to brand it as a Controller in that case?

MrNobody March 23rd, 2020 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2360538)
Groovy. Seems reasonable to me, but do we still want to brand it as a Controller in that case?

I’m fine with them being called Controllers, just cause (A) that’s what the mini is, and (B) the Controller constructs act just like every Larfleeze construct. We could always call it Orange Construct (Minion) or something like that, just doesn’t seem totally needed to me.

IAmBatman March 23rd, 2020 09:38 AM

I mean, if they're not Controllers, they probably shouldn't be Controllers ... ? This seems straightforward to me. :-)

johnny139 March 23rd, 2020 10:27 AM

Just something simple and descriptive like Ambusher would probably work.