Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred April 29th, 2016 12:31 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

WRECK SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 4.
Choose a Squad figure, destructible object, evergreen tree, or stalagmite adjacent to Ookla. Destroy the target to attack with Wreck Special Attack.

Barry allen April 29th, 2016 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2087016)
WRECK SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 4.
Choose a Squad figure, destructible object, evergreen tree, or stalagmite adjacent to Ookla. Destroy the target to attack with Wreck Special Attack.

Hmm. How about this;
TREE SMASH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range special. Attack 4.
Ookla cannot use Tree Shasm Special Attack if he is not adjacent to a tree. After choosing a target adjacent to Ookla, remove the tree from the battle field and you may attack the chosen figure with 4 attack dice.

I figured name it Tree Hurl because http://thundarr.wikia.com/wiki/Ookla says "Ookla has great strength, usually fighting by ripping up a nearby sapling or piece of wreckage to club his enemies"

I think he should have an ability that allows him to make terrain so that you can't move over it without flying.

mac122 April 29th, 2016 06:57 PM

Perhaps you guys should create something similar to the C3G Destructible Object Evergreen Tree or the canisters and crates we created for HoSS and allow Ookla to use it in an attack on an adjacent figure.

JC McMinis April 29th, 2016 07:29 PM

One thing with Ookla are we going to incorporate his fear of water?

Confred April 29th, 2016 08:42 PM

After watching several episodes, Throwing is kind of his thing. He throws dudes, trees, doors, rocks, into other things.
My Wreck Special Attack is kind of like Chomp + Double Attack. I like that Wreck SA has Range, but not a high value.

Confred April 29th, 2016 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2087066)
One thing with Ookla are we going to incorporate his fear of water?

Probably. It hasn't come up in my episodes, but the wiki's all make a deal of it.

Ookla counts water spaces as molten lava spaces.

Barry allen April 29th, 2016 10:34 PM

FEAR OF WATER
When counting movement for Ookla, Water spaces are considered Lava spaces.;)

JC McMinis April 30th, 2016 06:15 AM

How about this instead of sayinghe treats it like molten lava..cause that kinda makes it sound like he is destroyed when enters it, How about
FEAR OF WATER
When moving Ookla he may never enter a water space.

Confred April 30th, 2016 09:27 AM

Ookla must have an unrevealed order marker to enter water spaces. After moving on water, remove an order marker from his card.

McHotcakes April 30th, 2016 11:03 AM

How about before Ookla enters a water space you must roll the 20 sided die. If you roll an x or lower, Ookla's turn immediately ends. If you roll a y or higher you move move Ookla onto the water space normally.

Water is a lot more prominate than lava so having Ookla treat it the same might make him hard to use IMO.

TREX April 30th, 2016 11:23 AM

I like what you suggest McHotcakes, It kind of plays out that he was thinking of moving into water but stopped his turn due to his fear of water.

McHotcakes April 30th, 2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 2087065)
Perhaps you guys should create something similar to the C3G Destructible Object Evergreen Tree

I wouldn't be opposed to "borrowing" the c3g design and repackaging it for classic scape. Trees and ruins as destructible objects makes sense and I feel they reason they don't have cards already is because the concept wasn't introduced yet. Introducing DO cards for the obstacles doesn't seem out of the question for classic customs.

As for Ookla's throw, maybe something like...

Ookla Throw
After moving and instead of attacking you may choose any non-flying single spaced figure adjacent to Ookla and place it on any empty non-adjacent space with 4 clear sight spaces of Ookla. If the thrown figures is a DO or squad figure, destroy it. If it is hero roll 1 unlockable attack die. After the thrown figure is placed you may also choose one figure adjacent to it, and roll 1 unlockable attack die against it.

Wording isn't perfect, but its an idea.