Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Units (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Book of Samuel Brown (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=33704)

tcglkn November 24th, 2010 08:03 PM

The Book of Samuel Brown

The Book of Samuel Brown
Forever Valiant

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...1_original.jpg
(If you cannot view the army card image, follow this link to the Heroscapers Gallery)

Character Bio (From truth): Awhile back Wizards asked us to design a couple of potential repaint exclusives. We made Agent Skahen and one other. The other was a patriot by the name of Samuel Brown and he was never used. We recently asked Wizards for permission to release the card and were granted permission. So here it is. Special thanks to long-time Heroscaper Hextr1p for assisting on putting the card graphic together.

Download High Resolution Card PDF

OFFICIAL REPAINT PHOTOS AND COLORS:
Spoiler Alert!

-Rulings and Clarifications-
Q: Is Samuel Brown Official?

A: Yes.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grungebob (Post 1271790)
I know Guru mentioned this, but I want folks to know that Sam is completely official. He is approved and tested and was design back before D&D Heroscape came out. He was one of our favorites and seeing him arrive like this really makes me feel good.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received:

Synergy Benefits Offered:
  • 4th Massachusetts Line: Valiant Army Defense Bonus
    Having a Valiant personality, Samuel Brown may aid the 4th Massachusetts Line with their VALIANT ARMY
    DEFENSE BONUS
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
TBA

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Samuel Brown "Pre-Release" Discussion

Samuel Brown - What's Your Army Ideas?

Power Ranking and Master Index
TBA

DrummerScaper97 November 24th, 2010 10:07 PM

Re: The Book of Samuel Brown

FIRST! Awesome. Thanks tcglkn. This was the fastest BOOK post ever! :D

nicktheant November 24th, 2010 10:11 PM

Things like this make me wonder if we could ever receive the Marvel wave 1 stats.

Cleon November 24th, 2010 10:57 PM

I really can't afford to waste a squad of 4th Mass to make this guy, seeing that I'm a squad less than the number I want, but proxy him I will. :). Don't know what I'll do for tournaments though.

One thing that I see right off the bat is he offers many more roles to a 450pt. or 520pt. Mass build. If you want all valiant you're going to use SotM Drake and x4 or 5 Mass. But now that 170pt. role can be Alastair, RotV Drake, or Concan + Eldgrim along with Sam. And, now that I suddenly realized it, he is the second one to have a special attack too. Big hero with SA or 1-2 heroes and Sam with a SA. That is cool.

Yeah, I hope Marvel Wave 1, D4, and other never released things will finally surface.

MegaSilver November 24th, 2010 11:00 PM

As I said in the blog:

Quote:

I have an idea to use him in a tourney:

Get a sticker used in the DnD Master set (or somewhere else), and place it on base. That way you could tell him apart from the rest.

Bladethorne November 24th, 2010 11:02 PM

I think he could be a good PK killer. Fire and Rush will eliminate their extra def, and he can take out two of them at once.

Grishnakh November 24th, 2010 11:15 PM

I could see 4 people going in together to split the purchase price of a pack of 4th Mass, paint all of 4 of the figures with brown coats, and then just divide them up. It doesn't have to be this exact figure out of the pack. That is, of course, if you can find them....

chas November 25th, 2010 01:11 AM

;) Normally I wouldn't post this here, but putting our new holiday gift of Mel Gibson, er, I mean Samuel Brown, together with C3V's IAmBatman "not wanting to fill every missing niche"--and given that we now have a newly created missing niche--I came up with the following untested custom while anticipating our new Official figure--use any Rev War figure with a repainted GREEN coat for the following:

LYNDON BARRY
(Einar)

3 Life
Move 5
Range 6
Attack 3
Defense 2
55 Points

Human
Unique Hero
Loyalist
Disciplined
Medium 5

Recruit Loyalists
Instead of Attacking, roll the twenty sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, place a defeated 10th Foot figure back on the board, on an empty space adjacent to Lyndon Barry but not adjacent to an unfriendly figure. Place a wound marker on its base. The new Loyalist has the same statistics as a 10th Foot figure, but without the Special Powers. Lyndon Barry may not recruit more figures than the number that started the game.

(This is now posted in my customs thread The Chas Customs Closet, if you'd rather comment there).

nate the dawg November 25th, 2010 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grishnakh (Post 1271991)
I could see 4 people going in together to split the purchase price of a pack of 4th Mass, paint all of 4 of the figures with brown coats, and then just divide them up. It doesn't have to be this exact figure out of the pack. That is, of course, if you can find them....

If me and mine can get a sixth squad of Mass, this will definitely happen (our collection is shared, funded by seven guys for the last six years). The problem being that we don't yet have even a fourth squad of the Mass.:(

Rich10 November 25th, 2010 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grishnakh (Post 1271991)

I have an extra set of 4th Mass and the painting doesn't look too hard.

Trav11111 November 25th, 2010 02:01 AM

I know the back of the card is almost never used, but is there any way we can get a picture of it?

Taeblewalker November 25th, 2010 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trav11111 (Post 1272166)
I know the back of the card is almost never used, but is there any way we can get a picture of it?

Check the front page link to the .pdf.

Spoiler Alert!