Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Units (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Book of Deathwalker 9000 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=8404)

dnutt99 May 7th, 2007 09:52 PM

The Book of Deathwalker 9000

The Book of Deathwalker 9000
Rise of the Valkyrie - Master Set

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Like his fellow Soulborgs the Zettian Guards, Deathwalker 9000 is slowed down by his cumbersome full-body armor. His lumbering demeanor may at first deceive those who are unfamiliar with Soulborgs; but they would be ill advised to let down their guard. Deathwalker 9000's armor is impenetrable, and one exploding fireball from his energy blaster can wipe out a cluster of warriors in a nanosecond. To defeat Deathwalker 9000 an enemy must find, by either luck or proximity, one of the few vulnerable areas under his armor plates. Knowing this, Deathwalker often travels with Zettian Guards, programming them for longer attack range as a reward for their loyalty and protection. (Hasbro)

-Rulings and Clarifications-

- EXPLOSION SPECIAL ATTACK: clear sight shot.
Deathwalker 9000's Explosion Special Attack requires a "clear sight shot" to his target. Does the phrase "clear sight" indicate that Deathwalker 9000 needs only line of sight to any part of the figure rather than the hit zone?
No. Deathwalker 9000 needs line of sight to the targeted figure's hitzone to use this attack. (Grungebob)

- EXPLOSION SPECIAL ATTACK : Order of Defense Rolls
Who decides what order the adjacent figures get hit when Deathwalker 9000 uses its Explosion Special Attack?
The target always rolls defense first. Then the attacker chooses the order in which the other figures are hit. (Hasbro FAQ)

- EXPLOSION SPECIAL ATTACK : Targets Adjacent to a Double-Spaced Figure
If I target a double spaced figure with Explosion Special Attack, who is considered adjacent?
Normally it's anyone adjacent to the hex the character is on, however with double spaced figures any character that is adjacent to either space/hex it occupies is hit. (Hasbro FAQ)

- RANGE ENHANCEMENT : Which Soulborg Guards Receive EnhancementDoes Deathwalker 9000’s Range Enhancement affect friendly/opponent’s Soulborg Guards as well, or only your own?
Deathwalker 9000’s Range Enhancement only affects Soulborg Guards that you control. It does not affect friendly figures, and it doesn’t affect opponent’s figures. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
- ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
As a unique hero that follows Utgar, Deathwalker 9000 may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- RANGE ENHANCEMENT : Soulborg Guards
* Blastatrons
* Zettian Guards
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings

Jexik: Deathwalker 9000- If it weren’t for the rule of the Deathwalkers, 9K seems like a good option for hordes. C-

OEAO: C-

Cleon: Tier 5 (124/208)

dok (VC inclusive): No hero benefits more from the Zettian Infantry than DW9k, who finally has a figure that really benefits from his Range Enhancement. B

Master Index

Unit Strategy Review
Unit Strategy Review: Deathwalker 9000

jcb231 May 9th, 2007 06:09 PM

As a soulborg, he's immune to toxic skin and plague.

DingoDarkly June 30th, 2007 04:21 AM

I was reading through the cards yesterday and just realised Blastatrons are Soulborg Guards :duh: and i thought the Zetts were the only ones. :oops:

Darconus July 7th, 2007 04:24 PM

The only problem with DW9K is his defense. How's that? you might be asking. Well, I'll give you an example. A few weeks back I was playing a game and my opponent had DW9K. HE had height on ME and I was attacking with an Aubrien archer. I KILLED DW9K. 'nuff said. I never use the DWs.

The Super Atheist July 24th, 2007 05:48 PM

The Walker Texas Ranger 9000 is a valuable asset in my army. He teamed with the zettians are an awesome set up.

I lost him to lava field damage today though because I forgot.

Vlad the Impaler July 24th, 2007 07:09 PM

just remember, everyone;

DW9K+Warden 816+height=killer zettians

Cleon August 31st, 2007 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad the Impaler
just remember, everyone;

DW9K+Warden 816+height=killer zettians

Yeah, they really pumped up the Zettians in the past set (wave 7 - Fields Of Valor) thanks to Warden 816.

400th post! :mrgreen:

DEATHWALKER September 14th, 2007 10:02 AM

I had once warned a kid I played against against putting his figures ajacent to one another when DW 9000 was near

unfortunatly for him, he looked over an area where he had 3 Marro Warriors and Ne-Gok-Sa

I pounced with Explosion Special attack

took out the 3 MWs and gave Ne-Gok-Sa 2 wounds :D

brunakor October 16th, 2007 03:12 PM

DW9K

Although I'm a player who is satisfied by figures only from the planet feylund, DW9K is very spoiled and powerful. Making a 10K would be nothing compared to 9K because 9K can blow up your enemy's figures from spaces away.And if those figures are near anywhere allies, then your foe's armies are just considred a row of dominoes! If they gave DW9K anymore life they would spoil 9K even more!

I also wanna say that anyone who dares put a DW in a molten lava or lava space should just forget about winning HS. :wink:
:shock: :D

Jexik December 17th, 2007 12:21 PM

I played against Deathwalker 9000 with a weird army made up of Nilfheim and a ton of Gladiatrons and Blastatrons.

I attacked DW9K twice with Nilfheim's normal attack, scoring 3 skulls both times. 3 shields were rolled, then 5.

Then later I attacked Deathwalker 9000 from 7 spaces away with a blastatron from height. I had moved him and he wasn't in range of anything else, so I took a shot at him for the heck of it.

:skull: :skull:

:shield: :noshield: :noshield: :noshield: :noshield: :noshield: :noshield: :noshield: :noshield:

I know these stories are probably getting old now, but this seems to be how he always dies. In that same game, my friend rolled a 2 for his Deathwalker 7000's Self Destruct in the middle of 3 Gladiatrons who had him cyberclawed.

ArcBlade January 12th, 2008 10:16 PM

9K's Special attack question..

In another thread we discussed how a unit can kill a friendly unit, say to get a Viking spirit enhancement or what have you but concensus was that you could not commit suicide unless you had DW 7K. That brings up an in game question we had.

Say DW9K is surrounded by enemy forces, can he use his explosion special attack targeting himself so as to affect all surrounding enemies?

ThrasherDarkrai January 12th, 2008 11:09 PM

A figure cannot target itself. Ever.