Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Fan Art & Fiction (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Lost History of Valhalla (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=34507)

betawolf36 January 26th, 2011 11:27 PM

The Lost History of Valhalla

Wow. I'm just all over the place now aren't I? Well now for the first part of my story. What really happend at the River of Blood...

Migol struggled inside the net that held him captive. In the total darkness he couldn’t see who had taken him but he knew that it must be a soldier of Utgar. When he was escaping from Utgar’s castle he overheard that his father had had joined the alliance with Jandar, Ullar, and Einar. While creeping though back to his father, Vydar he came across soldiers of Jandar at Migol’s tomb where his ancestor that had been his namesake remained buried. They told him that a new Valkyrie, Aquilla, had joined the alliance. On the way back to his father’s mansion however, the group was ambushed by orcs. His allies slain he was to be marched back to Utgar’s stagnant dungeons. Then, only yards away from the gate, the orcs were killed and he was knocked unconscious. When he awoke his wings were sore from rubbing the ground and he was surrounded in total darkness. Now he began to see a light up ahead; he was in a cave or a tunnel, the creature dragging him was a drow, and what he thought was a net he realized was a tightly woven metal chain. Three more drow accompanied them. Now at the peak of the light they stopped. The lights came from green fires on the walls and many purple glowing rocks.
The cold voice of a female drow filled the silence, “Unbind him.” He was relived from the chains. He stared into the smiling face of a drow priestess. “Yes we have long awaited your return, Lord Valkrill.”
“I know not of this Valkrill, I am Migol Vydarsson, release me at once or my father will unleash his armies upon you!” She silenced him with a sharp slap to the face with the back of her hand.
“Impudent child! Don’t you realize who you are? You are the reincarnation of the true drow god; Lolth’s punishments have been brutal to our kind. At last our true master can be recognized!” She muttered in the language of the drow. And suddenly Migol found he was no longer in control of his own body. She handed him a silver goblet filled with a sparkling water. Unable to control his arms or throat he unwillingly drank. The priestess muttered a longer incantation and as she did writing began to appear on the wall. With each passing second Migol drank more, the priestess’s voice grew stronger, and the writing glowed brighter. The last thing Migol saw was a blinding flash, and the last thing he felt was a more ancient presence in his very thoughts. Slowly it crushed his very existence and gained control of his body.
A new Valkyrie General was born, Valkrill the Destroyer.

Please note that this took place over the corse of six years.
This is only the first part. The actual history will be revealed throughout the series.

bumper15 January 27th, 2011 08:21 AM

Re: The Lost History of Valhalla

You are certainly a man of many talents betawolf. I feel that I will very much enjoy this story.

Claws of Death January 27th, 2011 11:23 AM

Pretty good! So he was transformed into Vakrill? That sucks for him......

betawolf36 January 28th, 2011 10:14 PM

Just imagine what Migol's dad would think. Anyhoo... part 2

Mallidon woke with a start, heart racing. He was awake at his desk; he picked up his feathered pen and began to write down what he had just witnessed in his nightmare, the third this week. The house about him was small and cramped, the floor was strewn with loose clothing, one bed stood alone in the corner. The writing flowed across the paper, like a dam had just been blown to pieces. He moved his graying beard with his hand to reach the bottom of the page.
A sharp rasp came on the door. In a flurry of movement Mallidon moved his writings under the loose floorboards. As soon as he got up the door was kicked down. Snow flew through the room, the wind bitter cold. A kyrie was silhouetted against the barren tundra. Other figures stood behind it. “W,w,what do you want from me?” Mallidon managed to stuttered through his newfound fear.
“You haven’t paid your taxes to Lord Valkrill. So I decided to come in person to let you know that you should pay the taxes that I set.”
Aghast Mallidon only said, “Please my lord can’t you let an astronomer live.”
Valkrill laughed, “If only it were so easy for you, old fool.”
The other figures, similar to elves, came forward. Mallidon was not seen again. But many thousands of centuries later a kyrie found his writings. They became famous they were known as Mallidon’s Prophecy, but even so they didn’t stop the Rise of the Valkyrie.

The begining of the lost history...

Claws of Death January 28th, 2011 10:55 PM

Cool. That explains alot. But why did Valkrill come so late in the war?....

Dadnarg434 January 29th, 2011 12:23 AM

This is a cool idea. Going through the different characters and sets, and adding a storyline to go along with them.
Looking forward to hearing more.

betawolf36 January 29th, 2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claws of Death (Post 1326510)
Cool. That explains alot. But why did Valkrill come so late in the war?....

Because it might not be in the story I'm just going to tell you. The drow, who were the only ones searching for his reincarnation, weren'y summoned until later in the war. They found him completely by accident, they were supposed to only interrogate the orcs, but thier priestess sensed his presence. :wink:

betawolf36 January 31st, 2011 06:38 PM

Part three.

The drow surrounded Valkrill and bowed before him. At last their kingdom could be created; at last all lesser beings could feel their boot. But that day, if it would ever come, was not today.
“Valkrill, you should know that the drow have never forgotten your rule.”
“Be calmed Estivara, for there will be no rule if there is chaos.”
“By what do you mean this Dark Lord?”
“I mean that while I was Entombed I have learned many things. Like what the true order of the universe is; Chaos.”
“But Lord, we have long awaited YOU to rule us.”
“Then you have wasted your time.”
“NO! We will not destroy what must be ours! Utgar will help us to see our revenge! Utgar will rule us! Utgar will be our choice of worship!”
“If you think Utgar can save you, so be it” Estivara’s mouth hung agape in shock. “Leave at once! Go to Utgar if you think he can help you in your pitiful state. Never return to me. If you do you’ll see yourself destroyed.”
The drow turned and left. For them their very lives were shatted by this revelation. The god they had worshipped wanted only to destroy. Now Utgar and Pelloth were their only hope. Estivara was covered in angry tears.

My little segments aren'y much compared to other fan art and fiction, but they will grow bigger as it progresses.

TGRF February 2nd, 2011 09:29 PM

Very interesting. You might want to work on the use of commas, but it's still pretty fun to read. Good job! :up:

bumper15 February 3rd, 2011 07:38 AM

I wonder how Valkrill will get the drow to come back for the River of Blood?

Keep it up Wolfman!!!

TGRF February 8th, 2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumper15 (Post 1331045)
I wonder how Valkrill will get the drow to come back for the River of Blood?

Keep it up Wolfman!!!

What's this River of Blood thing I keep on hearing about? Is it written up somewhere?

bumper15 February 8th, 2011 09:37 PM

It was a dungeon crawl scenario that I think was given out at GenCon last year (Don't quote me on that), but at the end, if the adventurers lost, the story told of a new Valkyrie General being born. This general turned out to be Valkrill.

Here's the link http://www.heroscapers.com/community...44#post1167544