Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   The Book of Millerson (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=57587)

bmon June 29th, 2020 09:57 AM

The Book of Millerson

The Book of Millerson

C3V Wave 9 (Wave 22) - Scourge of Apollyon - Heroes of Crooked Isle

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...son_master.jpg

PDF Download

The figure used for this unit is a Dungeons and Dragons figure from the Tomb of Annihilation set. Its name is Artus Cimber.

Character Bio: Loyalty's a funny word, ain't it? Soldiers are loyal, right? All the King's subjects should be loyal. Bald faced lie, that.

Half the people sayin' folk should be loyal don't know what it means. Real loyalty is puttin' your life down. Real loyalty is not givin' up your friends. I'm not a smart man, God knows. The good Lord done blessed me with other gifts. A strong arm, a good eye. I can take a punch. Real loyalty is puttin' your skills on the line for someone else. He says Millerson, go do this, an' I put me mind to it. All of me. My body, my heart, my soul. That's real loyalty, it is.

Quote:

HONOR AMONG THIEVES
When a Rogue you control who is adjacent to Millerson is attacked by an opponent's figure that is not adjacent to that Rogue and receives one or more wounds from that attack, you may place the same number of wound markers on this Army Card to ignore any wounds that Rogue just received.

GRIT
When Millerson attacks, he may attack one additional time for every two wound markers on this Army Card.

Quote:

Q: Could Honor Among Thieves be used to save a Rogue from wounds inflicted by Sonlen's Dragon Swoop?
A: No.
Honor Among Thieves can only be used to prevent damage caused by an attack. Auto-wound powers such as Dragon Swoop are not attacks.

Q: If a Rogue is hit by Shurrak and moved next to Millerson due to Knockback, could Millerson use Honor Among Thieves to prevent the damage?
Even though Shurrak would no longer be adjacent to the Rogue, the damage from the attack has already been inflicted prior to Knockback. Millerson also could not prevent falling damage wounds due to Knockback, since those wounds are due to falling, not the actual attack.

Q: If a Rogue you control is hit by an attack that would inflict three wounds but the Rogue only has one Life, if Millerson was adjacent how many wounds would he have to take to save the Rogue?
A: Three.
Figures can and do receive more wounds than they have total Life. In this example, the Rogue would receive three wounds, even though he or she only has a single Life point. Millerson would have to take three wounds to prevent all three wounds to save that Rogue.

Q: If a Rogue you control adjacent to Millerson receives wounds from spillover damage from Rail Gun Special Attack, can Millerson use Honor Among Thieves to protect that Rogue?
A: Yes. The spillover damage from Rail Gun Special Attack is still part of the attack.

Synergy Benefits Received:
NOTTINGHAM BRIGRAND : ROGUE HERO BONDING
As a Rogue Hero, Arthur of Sherwood may benefit from the Nottingham Brigands' ROGUE HERO BONDING activation bonus.
ACOLARH : ULLAR'S AMULET
As a unit that follows Ullar, Arthur of Sherwood may benefit from Acolarh's ULLAR'S AMULET movement bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered:
HONOR AMONG THIEVES: Rogues
- Arthur of Sherwood
- Bol
- Cormin the Dark
- Darrak Ambershard
- Elaria the Pale
- Kha
- Locksley
- Nottingham Brigand
- Beakfaced Sneaks
- Beakfaced Rogue
- Buccaneers of Tortuga
EBON ARMOR : ANIMATED MATERIEL / ETERNAL WAR
As a Unique Human, a destroyed Ebon Armor you control may be placed on Millerson's Army Card to replace Millerson upon his own destruction.

Power Ranking and Master Index
- TBD

Unit Strategy Review
- TBD

https://i.imgur.com/fXqgUp4.jpg

Scytale June 29th, 2020 03:06 PM

Re: The Book of Millerson

The C3V Rules Team would like to add the following R&Cs:
Quote:

Q: Could Honor Among Thieves be used to save a Rogue from wounds inflicted by Sonlen's Dragon Swoop?
Honor Among Thieves can only be used to prevent damage caused by an attack. Auto-wound powers such as Dragon Swoop are not attacks.

Q: If a Rogue is hit by Shurrak and moved next to Millerson due to Knockback, could Millerson use Honor Among Thieves to prevent the damage?
Even though Shurrak would no longer be adjacent to the Rogue, the damage from the attack has already been inflicted prior to Knockback. Millerson also could not prevent falling damage wounds due to Knockback, since those wounds are due to falling, not the actual attack.

Q: If a Rogue you control is hit by an attack that would inflict three wounds but the Rogue only has one Life, if Millerson was adjacent how many wounds would he have to take to save the Rogue?
A: Three.
Figures can and do receive more wounds than they have total Life. In this example, the Rogue would receive three wounds, even though he or she only has a single Life point. Millerson would have to take three wounds to prevent all three wounds to save that Rogue.

Q: If a Rogue you control adjacent to Millerson receives wounds from spillover damage from Rail Gun Special Attack, can Millerson use Honor Among Thieves to protect that Rogue?
A: Yes. The spillover damage from Rail Gun Special Attack is still part of the attack.

Pumpkin_King September 17th, 2020 04:08 PM

OP or a mod, please update with the official bio.

Quote:

Loyalty's a funny word, ain't it? Soldiers are loyal, right? All the King's subjects should be loyal. Bald faced lie, that.

Half the people sayin' folk should be loyal don't know what it means. Real loyalty is puttin' your life down. Real loyalty is not givin' up your friends. I'm not a smart man, God knows. The good Lord done blessed me with other gifts. A strong arm, a good eye. I can take a punch. Real loyalty is puttin' your skills on the line for someone else. He says Millerson, go do this, an' I put me mind to it. All of me. My body, my heart, my soul. That's real loyalty, it is.

bmon September 18th, 2020 09:24 AM

Updated with new bio, replacing the snippet from the homepage release.

Just_a_Bill June 16th, 2021 06:08 PM

Q: If Millerson receives any wounds during his own attack(s), such as from Counter Strike, does his new wound marker total potentially increase the number of additional attacks he is allowed?

Example: The rogue has already made his first attack and he currently has 3 wound markers, so he gets one more attack (since he bears only one complete pair of wound markers). He chooses to attack one of the Izumi Samurai, who rolls one excess shield and thereby inflicts a wound upon Millerson. Since the rogue now has a total of 4 wound markers, does he get a second additional attack? Or were we supposed to check Millerson's wound total only once, before he ever started using GRIT?

superfrog June 16th, 2021 08:50 PM

Check whenever he attacks. So the third attack is allowed.

Just_a_Bill June 16th, 2021 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superfrog (Post 2469548)
Check whenever he attacks. So the third attack is allowed.

How should I have answered this question for myself ... is there a general rule for it? If not, it seems like a good opportunity for an R&C.

dok June 17th, 2021 12:54 PM

General answer is that triggered abilities are checked at the time they trigger. I often point to this post by R˙chean as the clearest "official" articulation of this point. Check trigger, power takes effect.

You're correct that this would be a good case for a R&C, mainly because Grit follows the unfortunate precedent of Double Attack. Due to the wording of DA, the timing window for when Grit triggers is fairly ambiguous. But our understanding of these abilities is that they are triggered after attacking and check against the total attacks made that turn.

EDIT: for precedent, see the counterstrike vs. Fen Hydra ruling.

Sheep June 17th, 2021 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dok (Post 2469609)
General answer is that triggered abilities are checked at the time they trigger. I often point to this post by R˙chean as the clearest "official" articulation of this point. Check trigger, power takes effect.

You're correct that this would be a good case for a R&C, mainly because Grit follows the unfortunate precedent of Double Attack. Due to the wording of DA, the timing window for when Grit triggers is fairly ambiguous. But our understanding of these abilities is that they are triggered after attacking and check against the total attacks made that turn.

EDIT: for precedent, see the counterstrike vs. Fen Hydra ruling.

Wouldn't the Hydra precedent say that Millerson can attack a 2nd or 3rd time if Counterstrike wounds push him past a threshold?

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiteofthedice (Post 1047796)
HYDRA HEADS vs. COUNTERSTRIKE
Q: [/B]If the Fen Hydra has at least two attacks, attacks a figure with counterstrike, and takes wounds, does it lose its remaining attack(s)?
A: Yes. "The effect is instantaneous and you lose whatever number of attacks you took in wounds." (Well-put, Fourshadow). So, you know, be careful.

dok June 17th, 2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 (Post 2469654)
Wouldn't the Hydra precedent say that Millerson can attack a 2nd or 3rd time if Counterstrike wounds push him past a threshold?

Yes, that's exactly what we're saying.

Sheep June 17th, 2021 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dok (Post 2469657)
Quote:

Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 (Post 2469654)

Yes, that's exactly what we're saying.

Ok I was confused there.

EDIT: Ah I missed superfrog's post.

Strack9 December 9th, 2021 01:42 AM

@bmon , the following are missing from the Honor among Thieves synergies offered:
Beakfaced Sneaks
Beakfaced Rogue
Buccaneers of Tortuga