Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 7th, 2007, 09:54 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Krav Maga Agents

The Book of Krav Maga Agents
Rise of the Valkyrie - Master Set

Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Hand-picked by Agent Carr for intensive Krav Maga and weapons training, these agents worked for several secret agencies on Earth before being pressed into service in Valhalla. They can dodge long-range attacks with almost superhuman agility; and their sharp-shooting skills are legendary throughout Valhalla. With single-minded focus and fierce loyalty, they routinely carry out nearly impossible missions with no questions asked-or answered. Thus, they are perhaps the most dangerous of Vydar's followers. (Hasbro)
    The Stealth Dodge works against any attacking figure that is not adjacent. Normal attack or special attack does not matter in this case. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - LAGLOR : Vydar’s Range Enhancement Aura
    Being a Vydar figure with a range greater than 4, Krav Maga Agents may benefit from Laglor’s VYDAR’S RANGE ENHANCEMENT AURA.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Strategy Notes:
  • - The Krav Maga Agents and the Marro Warriors are 2 of the best bargain units in the Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set. At only 100 points, they pack quite a punch if you can get them on high ground. If you can keep them away from enemies they are nearly invincible with their Stealth Dodge Special Power. Place them on height, especially if there is water in between you and your opponents, and the Krav will be able to hold them off effectively. (Hasbro FAQ)

Who is affected by the Krav Maga Agents' Special Powers?
  • - Stealth Dodge: Only the Krav Maga Agents. (Hasbro FAQ)

Who else could I draft with the Krav Maga Agents?
  • - Raelin the Kyrie Warrior
    Raelin is great to draft along with the Krav Maga Agents. If you do so, keep Raelin behind the Agents (But still within 4 clear sight spaces) so they can keep her protected. Raelin can give the Krav the extra protection they need with her Defensive Aura, which would give each Agent within 4 clear sight spaces 2 extra defensive dice. As long as they stay unengaged, all they need is one shield out of 5 dice to stay alive! (Hasbro FAQ)

- Thorgrim the Viking Champion
    Send Thorgrim out first. You want your opponent to destroy him. Move him onto a glyph, if there is one available. When Thorgrim is destroyed place the figure on the Krav Maga. (Hasbro FAQ)

Who do the Krav Maga Agents work well against?
  • - Anyone who is far away
    As long as the Krav Maga Agents stay away from their opponents and on height, they are almost unstoppable. Draft them often. (Hasbro FAQ)

- Any squad figures
    The Krav Maga Agents work best against squad figures, especially ones that don't have a high movement. They can get a few extra shots while the opposing squads are still trying to reach them.(Hasbro FAQ)

Power Rankings

Jexik: Krav Maga Agents- Though the Krav can completely dominate an entire game, their effectiveness significantly drops with the loss of one squad member. Raelin greatly improves their value. A

OEAO: A

Cleon: Tier 9 (14/208)

dok (VC inclusive): A

Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 20th, 2019 at 11:28 AM. Reason: vc added
Old May 9th, 2007, 01:00 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Quote:
- STEALTH DODGE : What Type of Attacks Apply
Does the Krav Maga Agents' special power Stealth Dodge work against special attacks like: Airborne Elite's grenade
attack, Deathwalker's explosion, and Mimring's Fire Line special?
The Stealth Dodge works against any attacking figure that is not adjacent. Normal attack or special attack does not matter in this case. (Hasbro FAQ)
As strange as this may seem if you think in the terms of "in real life", when an agent of the Krav Maga is affected by Jotun's Wild Swing Special Attack but as a not-adjacent figure, its Stealth Dodge will still work.

In order to clarify, suppose one straight line of hexes. Jotun is attacking your Drake and behind Drake is one of your Krav Maga agent. The agent will be affected by the Wild Swing but will be allowed to use Stealth Dodge because the agent is not adjacent to Jotun. Clear enough?

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old July 20th, 2007, 07:30 AM

KalisLord is surprisingly tart
Though I haven't played with any of the new units yet, it seems like they would act as a pretty good counter to the Krav Maga Agents. The vamps can easily engage and destroy the agents with their move and if the knights catch them anywhere they are as good as dead with the charge. The ability to move 8 spaces makes the Krav Maga Agents a much easier to reach target. Of course those units cost a little bit more, but they seem like they would have the potential to rip these guys apart. Has anyone who has the new units found the Krav Maga Agents to be a little less effective?

"Dethklok has summoned a troll.

That's impossible there is no such thing as trolls.

Then how do you explain the dead unicorns..."
Old August 1st, 2007, 12:52 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw_fan_7_8
ok i give who is langlor?
You mean Laglor? Laglor is the Vydar flagbearer that can give each ranged figure who follows Vydar +2 to their range.

I was wondering where this Book went. I have had extremely good games with them. EXTREMELY good. They've done so much for me its not even funny. I've had them take down Q9 in two turns. I've had them kill the EOV and two or three squads of Aubriens before dying. They just dominate for me. Definately my favorite ranged squad out there. Its just a shame RoTV is gonna be replaced by SoTM and new players will have to hunt to get these guys.

Old August 1st, 2007, 01:17 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Ooohhhhh..... I didn't know it was within 4 clear spaces. That makes him even better with the KMA! A cool army could be:

KMA - 100
Laglor - 110
Raelin - 80
Deathreavers x2 - 80
Krug - 120
Isamu - 10
--------------------

Send out the roborats to tie stuff up. Then send out KMA and then move Raelin and Laglor in so that both of their aura's affect the KMA. That makes the KMA a 6 move, 9 range, 3(4 with height) attack, 5(6 with height) defense that only needs to roll one shield to survive ranged attacks! Once the KMA, Raelin and Laglor go down, you send Krug and Isamu to clean up and cause mayhem.

Old August 2nd, 2007, 01:32 AM

outlaw_fan_7_8 has disabled reputation
oh no wonder i couldn't look him up on heroscape.com. i use him a lot when i decide to give my minnions a break. him and agents are great.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 07:13 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
These guys are so good that I have drafted Braxas multiple times just to kill them. He is one counter, but Deadeye Dan can be an effective one as well if you can keep him safe. I would think the EOV are also a strong counter to them with their big move and great ranged defense.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 2nd, 2007, 09:53 AM

ares834 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus
These guys are so good that I have drafted Braxas multiple times just to kill them. He is one counter, but Deadeye Dan can be an effective one as well if you can keep him safe. I would think the EOV are also a strong counter to them with their big move and great ranged defense.
Yeah deadeye dan is probably one of the cheapest conter but the new vampires aren't bad.
Old September 7th, 2007, 01:51 AM

manger has disabled reputation
The question is how to counter draw the krav maga, in order to sucessfully counter you must chose a unit/ units that can take out the krav maga for fewer points than the krav maga cost... Example; drake alexander is great at taking out the krav maga with thorian speed, however he costs more than the krav maga so a poor choice to counter the krav.
Remember you do not have to kill all 3 krav maga to sucessfully make point value with your counter to the krav maga, killing 2 krav is devastating ot the agents.

Good counters to the krav maga are cheaper than 100 points (the cost of the agents) counter to krav maga agents in my opinion are:

- Dead eye dan (take away their defence) 60 points
- Me-Burq-Sa (take away their defence) 50 points
- EOV (they are immune from range with 10 defence, however they cost the same so they are basically a squad swap unit or pawn class).
- ? anyone else have a good counter draw to the krav meeting my standards?
Old October 5th, 2007, 11:09 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
back in the day, the venocs were my favorite krav mag counter. This was basically the reason venocs could outclass drones, even with 3 less defense. But their time has past...

It was then that the armocs came out, which I first viewed as only a nice way to have a devastating final assault with the venoc affinity army. but the 3 defense allows them to possibly survive the krav's attacks, and 7 move closes the gap.

They're a bit unconventional, but I love them as krav counters. (Yes, I do draft them without the warlord.)

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old October 12th, 2007, 04:11 AM

Troy Spiral has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce3062
Ooohhhhh..... I didn't know it was within 4 clear spaces. That makes him even better with the KMA! A cool army could be:

KMA - 100
Laglor - 110
Raelin - 80
Deathreavers x2 - 80
Krug - 120
Isamu - 10
--------------------
Wish i could put all that stuff in one army. The problem you end up with is nothing there to kill fatties. =(

Old October 22nd, 2008, 07:42 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Krav Maga Agents

I felt I should point this great blog out by R˙chean!!!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units