Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 26th, 2013, 06:27 PM

cstrocs is surprisingly tart
cstrocs's Custom Heroscape(started 2/26/13

As you can tell I am new to the site and to custom making, but seeing all these amazing customs just inspired me.

My first custom is a seven space guy (give me feedback if that is too big) he is meant to be put in to help troops. I would love it if people could give me some feedback on how I did and what I need to change on this guy and future characters.

The figure is Sword And Dragon Stone Display from http://starlightgiftshop.com/Store/index.php/swords
I just found it lying around in my house and decided to make it hope you guys enjoy

*Edit*

Although I havent been able to get to my dragon's card I have been working on something that could go well with Joten or any other giant. His points may need a little adjustment so all feedback is welcome.

The figure is a Male Human Invoker #9/18 D&D PHB Heroes Series 2
heres the link I used although you could probably find him somewhere else
http://www.trollandtoad.com/p278341.html

*Edit*
Saw this really cool figure and decided to make a character. I didn't really know what to put so I put down some abilities and a point value. Any suggestions/corrections are welcome as always.

This is it with the background

This is it previously

The figure is Thri-Kreen Barbarian #26 Angelfire D&D Miniatures DDM from Troll and Toad

*Edit*
This Marro soldier biologically enhanced itself by using the body of a Soulborg. Little did it know that the Soulborg still had a spark of life left.

All critisism, corrections, and suggestions are welcome.

The figure is from the AT-43 Cogs A-volution Hero Box set. It can be found Here

I'm not totally sure I like this one or the above better so I will post them side by side.

Last edited by cstrocs; March 31st, 2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Added Mach-Gee-Sa
Old February 27th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: cstrocs's Custom Heroscape(started 2/26/13

"seven-based" ?? Why not if he can move only with Teleport. But so think about other powers as the Glyph of Valda. Can he move if you have a figure on Valda?

Otherwise, I'll never use 190pts in a figure, even if it gives incredible bonus, with 3 lives and 1 défense die: just need a ranged unit to kill him easily!

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old February 27th, 2013, 11:25 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What I think :

You need to choose between super large aura (10 hexagone is huge, calculate how many hex it cover ) or movement.

The figure is 7 based you say. There is precedence with the Hive, but the Hive cannot be moved. You need to explain more how to move it. Does it need all 7 hexagones to be free and on same level each others ? Currently, by the wording of your power, you only need to have 1 hex on same level than the hexes the stone is currently on to be able to move it by teleportation. It is strange.

Like DanieLoche said, what happened if the stone gain movement ? How do one move a 7hex figure ?
You have to choose between :
- develope all rules to cover that in all cases
OR
- don't try to make it move an follow the marro hive precendent.

Also, 190pts a too high for such feeble figure. But it give quite hight bonus, and I can see situation where it would be easilly abused, like when defending a castle if you opponent has no flying, you gain the bonus without risks.

You are trying to do something that will be hard to tune !

If I were you, I would use it as a custom decor with rules, like a sort of glyph. Put it on a 7-sized hex, with a special hex in front. Whoever is on the front hex gain control of the stone, that then grant its bonus to that army.
Old February 27th, 2013, 02:58 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Ill start thinking about what you guys said and fix it. I like the glyph idea for this and i agree that it shouldnt be able to move at will. Actuallythe move at will is a typo i meant to put once per game. The points i wasnt sure about so i just put something random so thanjs for replying
Old February 28th, 2013, 03:43 PM

There I have fixed up the card let me know if there are anymore changes you would suggest or maybe even what i should do next
Old February 28th, 2013, 04:12 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Welcome to the World of Customs!

I checked out the link you provided. Wow. That is beautiful. I'd have to agree with Lyrgard. I would make this into a piece of terrain. This is the kind of piece you design a scenario around.

If you still wish to use it as a figure, you need to fix the wording a bit.(All corrections are in bold)

Dragon's Rage Special Attack
Range 4. Attack 2.
When Dragon's Stone attacks with Dragon's Rage Special Attack, he may attack one additional time.

Motivate Troops
All friendly figures within 10 clear sight spaces add 2 to their movement and 1 to their defense dice.

Again, this will be an incredibly hard unit to balance. Right now, he dies too easily. But you can't lower his price, because his aura is amazing. Also, you should either raise the Range or Attack on Dragon's Rage Special Attack, but not both. See the Book of Major Q10 for more details/ideas.

You've got an amazing piece on your hands, so be sure to do it justice. Keep up the good work!

~Sir Yeshua Forgemaster
Old February 28th, 2013, 07:26 PM

Thanks for the reply. I knoww its a good piece but i am set on make it into a figure thanks also for the corrections ill make sure to change them and im going to keep working on this till its as near perfect as possible
Old February 28th, 2013, 07:27 PM

Also after that i have one or two other characters in planning
Old February 28th, 2013, 08:26 PM

Posted the edited and revised version of my card. Took down the radius for motivate troops and raised life, defense and point value. Any suggestions on where to go next? Is it fine as is? Let me know.
Old February 28th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I really like him as is! He is so weak, but his aura is so strong! The only thing I think you need to change is the wording in Motivate Troops. If a friendly figure starts its turn within 7 clear sight spaces add 2 to their movement and one to their defense dice.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 03:53 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Good catch orgsbane!

I still think his Dragon's Rage Special Attack still needs to be modified. As for points, use him in a couple of battles. See how he performs. I think he should be in the 140-160 point range; more if you give him a Special Attack that will more useful.

Or, you could eliminate the Special Attack and keep him in the 130-150 range. It's not like you're gonna take a lot of turns with him, anyway.

Keep up the good work!

~Sir Yeshua Forgemaster
Old March 3rd, 2013, 11:20 PM

Thanks for all the feedback youve been giving it really helps alot. At this point in time I am regrettably not able to et to my file for the dragon so I cannot edit him but yeah I think you are right I should probably take the special attack away but I don't know ibwould have to test him out. I also plan to make that change you talked about, orgsbane.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards