Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 6th, 2011, 12:40 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
NE Ohio Gencon Practice/Alt. Tourney: Reverse the Whip!

Modeled after Gencon Championship, to either give you practice or an alternative in playing by the same rules. However, I am also allowing CUC cards (see below) to see how they do compared to Gencon armies.

Date: Saturday, July 23 - 2 weeks before Gencon.

Time: 11 am to 4 PM. Registration/set up 10-11, start at 11. I will have snacks and drinks.

Location: My folks house in Newbury, OH at (nearby Diversions Game Store). I could get at least 16 people/8 maps on the 1st floor of my house plus an extra 4-8 maps if need be in the basement and outside porch, and it will be stress on setting up maps if I could do it at home.

Format: 4 or 5 round swiss style tournament. Players bring a pre-drafted 500 point Heroscape army, (no Marvel) army size is limited to 24 hexes. The tournament is played in one hour rounds. First 2 or 3 rounds is normal play your opponent. For the last two rounds, players will be switching armies with their opponent for every match. Others will be using your figures and cards; if you don’t want people touching your stuff, or you are not in the top 4, you may elect to play normal games or Summoner Wars the last two hours if desired. If more than 8 people show up then definitely 5 rounds but if we can't even get that, than 4 rounds is plenty, and then there will be time for summoner wars or other HS games such as heat of battle or draft game.

I am also allowing Competitive Unit Congress cards for those who want to bring armies with them. They are optional, but if you play any CUC cards, you must play CUC cards for any unit in your army they have approved (i.e. if you play any other CUC card, Rats are 55 points, but still 40 if you play with normal cards). I want to see how CUC cards do against competitive armies, and with the format of switching armies, you have less cause to complain about them as being overpowered. If you want to practice an army for Gencon, then just don't bring them yourself, and I don't think others bringing them will hinder testing the metagame that much.

Entry fee/Prizes: Bring a prize and you'll take home a prize. Prizes can be anything...Heroscape related, other games or even a gift certificate to somewhere. The game store in Newbury does not carry Heroscape or Summoner Wars, but I have stuff for trade/sale.

Glyphs & Trap: Same as gencon pool.
Spoiler Alert!

Maps
Selected maps from Gencon:
Let me know which of the Gencon maps you most want to play on. I can build almost them all if enough people show up.
Spoiler Alert!

Attendees
TBA

Last edited by lefton4ya; July 11th, 2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old June 6th, 2011, 09:45 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: NE Ohio Gencon Practice/Alt. Tourney: Reverse the Whip!

I'm a definite No for the 16th, and a Maybe for the 23rd. Whether I can come on the 23rd will probably depend on whether or not I go to Origins and when my friends bachelor party is (he gets married the next week).

I don't mind playing at your parents' house.

I don't mind if we use CUC changes.

Since I won't be at GenCon, I don't have a map preference. I'd just suggest that you try to include every terrain set at least once (lava, snow, jungle, shadow, etc.).

If I come, I'll bring all of my Summoner Wars stuff too which will include the new Master Set.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 6th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

16th wouldn't work for myself as well. Since it is a gencon prep I would prefer that the CUC was not used. I love the project and such but gotta prep properly for the tourney of champions and such. I don't mind what maps as long as they are balanced, looking at you KC and your evil lava map..... dont mind at your parents. my first two were in my garage.
Old June 6th, 2011, 10:14 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest ninja View Post
16th wouldn't work for myself as well. Since it is a gencon prep I would prefer that the CUC was not used. I love the project and such but gotta prep properly for the tourney of champions and such. I don't mind what maps as long as they are balanced, looking at you KC and your evil lava map..... dont mind at your parents. my first two were in my garage.
Fire Swamp is balanced perfectly between the two sides... it just happens to favor fliers, slitherers, Brunak and range a bit vs. boring melee bonding.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; June 6th, 2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Screw Heavy Gruts, Trons and Knights - I'm sick of them.
Old June 6th, 2011, 02:26 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I might want to have Fire Swamp - just because it was the only game I lost on at NHSD last year - and it was the map that killed me, not my opponent so I want a rematch

As far as CUC - I have a feeling most people will NOT be playing them so I do not think it will affect testing out an army out to see how it metagames against what others bring, but I want to give the option for those to play CUC in a tourney. Plus, Ohio metagemes diferently then Gencon anyway as hardly anyone uses rats or Q9 and most people play either 4th or melee bonding squads. The reverse the whip will definitely change what armies people bring though.

From you two (and me as well) it looks like July 23 is better so I will probably go with that unless we get tons of posts saying the 16th is better.
Old June 20th, 2011, 11:29 PM

OK - this will be July 23 at my folks house. Let me know for sure if you can come,
Old July 11th, 2011, 06:25 PM

Still having this as I got a couple friends (not on the boards) at least to come. Come of you can - should be a fun day.
Old July 21st, 2011, 11:28 AM

Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker

If I go to my parents house this weekend, I will be there.

Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:37 PM

OK, so my friends (not on the board) backed out on the last minute. The only people who said they are most likely coming is Brownsfan82 & southwest ninja. I am still willing to even get a couple games in, but with 3 people it will not be that much fun. Let me know if you still want to come tomorrow. Otherwise probably the next organized game will be NHSD, unless you want to come join a Case Western wargaming group once classes start.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events