Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 20th, 2010, 05:35 PM

Roufus has disabled reputation
Roufus Customs Committee

Seeing as there will not be any new units for a while, I have decided to take up the mantle and try my hand at custom creations. But I do not harbor any illusions of creative grandeur, and know that I will need help with wording and fine tuning of the abilities and stats.

That's where you come in. I invite any and all to put in their two cents before I submit a finished army card. I will have a pretty solid idea for the direction I wish the abilities to go, so help with fine tuning of what is written instead of alternative ideas (unless otherwise specified.)

The figures will be figures I have purchased (mostly D&D mini's) for this specific purpose. These things will see play in my gaming circle, and if you wish, you can track down these figures and give it a go yourself if you so choose.

In either event, I hope we can all have fun designing together.

Join my customs committee. Give input to my newest creations.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=34056
Old December 20th, 2010, 05:43 PM

Re: Roufus Customs Committee

Figure: Savage Minotaur--D&D Miniatures set Savage Encounters

Minotaur Bodyguard
Einiar
Guard
Resolute
Unique Hero
Large 7

Life: 8
Range: 1
Move: 5
Attack: 4
Defense: 4

Protect the Charge: At the beginning of the game, you may choose a unique hero to be Minotaur Bodyguard’s charge for the remainder of the game. When Minotaur Bodyguard is adjacent to the chosen hero, if that figure would receive a single wound, you may ignore that wound and place two wounds on Minotaur Bodyguard instead.

Follow Into Battle: Before taking a turn with Minotaur Bodyguard, you may take a turn with the chosen hero. Taking a turn with the chosen hero may not trigger turns for any additional units.

I Will Avenge: If at any time Minotaur Bodyguard’s chosen hero is slain, place that hero figure on the army card of the figure that inflicted the lethal wound. As long as that figure is on an enemy army card, Minotaur Bodyguard may only attack figures from that army card. Minotaur Bodyguard receives two additional attack die and may attack one additional time.

Last edited by Roufus; December 26th, 2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old December 20th, 2010, 05:47 PM

I designed it to have the 'grapple' mechanic work in conjunction with the 'cliff traverse' one. I like the idea of being able to just bumrush people and take them where you'd like them, engage them on your terms, change up battle formation for the enemy, etc.

Also I love gricks.

Edit: grapple should read 'any small or medium enemy figure...'. Wouldn't be very flavorful to have the thing carrying giants around.

I'm thinking that def 3 with tough 1 is too powerful. I don't want it to be a grappling swift tank.

Suggestions on wording, tweaking etc. Thoughts on how it would affect the game. Have at it.

Old December 21st, 2010, 01:52 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

I think that for Grapple you should have to roll a d20 to see if it succeeds, it might be a little too powerful as is. Also, as is you could pick someone up and drop them onto a molten lava tile, almost guaranteeing their death...maybe say that you have to place them on a same level space? Also just a suggestion for this thread, it's probably better to update the first post with a new custom instead of creating a new post for it. Overall, pretty interesting unit! I'm really not sure about the cost, I think it's good, but it might need to be tweaked a little. Play testing it a bit should straighten that out.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 12:08 AM

I designed it to be more of a 'walking talon grab' style ability, which doesn't need to roll to see if it succeeds (and it's 100 points!)
The same level space was the original intent, but then didn't play too well with the 'ascend' style mountain traversal I wanted the character to have.

I've moved the defense down to 1 (with tough 1) and I'm much more comfortable with the power level. I'm about to mock up the card.
Changed it's base movement to '5' so that if it got the scout bonus it would only be 7. 8 just seemed a bit too fast for the little bugger.

I really like the suggestion to keep the 'first' post the most current unit/s though.

Old December 26th, 2010, 09:45 PM

I added the next unit: Minotaur Bodyguard.
(As always, the current unit being designed is on the first page.)

I have a more traditional Minotaur unit designed (with an iconic 'gore' ability) but I am much more excited about this one. It has some very interesting gameplay mechanics. I've always wanted to play with a 'revenge' mechanic and I believe this one is quite nice.

Note: I apologize for how long it is getting the Grick card up. It's the holiday season AND apparently I lack the appropriate fonts to make the card look legit.

Old February 19th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I was working on my own minotaur and I was looking around at other minotaurs on the site. I've also long owed a dropby; better late than never.

Minotaur Bodyguard

Bodyguard units are one of those units that seems obvious to add, but creates lots of problems. The important part to realize is that you have to balance the unit with its best possible pairing in mind. In this case, the combination of a Minotaur Bodyguard and Q9 (with Raelin behind) is probably unstoppable. The Minotaur would provide not only a bonding extra attack (of 4!) to Q9's normal turn, he also provides the soulborg with a massive life pool. He even provides some other benefits, like preventing order marker loss due to EMP Response.

I Will Avenge is an interesting way to weaken an otherwise powerful figure, but with his life he can afford to take some leaving engagement attacks to get where he needs to go. The wording has some issues with multiple copies of common cards as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards