Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 17th, 2009, 06:55 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Erevan Sunshadow Pre-Release Discussion Thread

I'm making some Pre-Release Discussion Threads so that no one needs to worry about books right now. We can keep all the excitement of finally seeing everything in these threads. The books could be created later, like when the figures actually come out and we can play with them instead of rampantly TheoryScaping. The idea is to keep the books a little cleaner, but still provide a place for figure-specific discussion until later.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Erevan Sunshadow Pre-Release Discussion Thread

I'll break the ice for this guy. He is not what I expected. He is okay, but for 80points, I would rather take Raelin. He has low stats, a one time teleport ability, and an unreliable special power. He will be good for viper killing, but other then that, I don't see him being very useful. mcjombu needs to come on here and figure this guys probability, it might change my opinion.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:08 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Other then vipers, the only time I can see using less then 4 dice for his special would be when fighting either the Krav (if not engaged) or the Warriors of Ashra (if engaged).
Old December 17th, 2009, 08:09 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well quick calculations say he gets to attack again

25% of the time with 2 dice
12.5% of the time with 3 dice
6.25% of the time with 4 dice.

Estimated number of attacks per use
1.333 with 2 dice
1.143 with 3 dice
1.067 with 4 dice

So if you need to attack a bunch, use 2 dice. If you need to put wounds on something go with 4 dice. If you need something in the middle go with 3 dice.
Old December 17th, 2009, 08:11 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Well quick calculations say he gets to attack again

25% of the time with 2 dice
12.5% of the time with 3 dice
6.25% of the time with 4 dice.

Estimated number of attacks per use
1.333 with 2 dice
1.143 with 3 dice
1.067 with 4 dice

So if you need to attack a bunch, use 2 dice. If you need to put wounds on something go with 4 dice. If you need something in the middle go with 3 dice.
What would be in the middle?

I like having flexibility in attacks, but it seems like there is often an option that just doesn't get used often. Like most of the time, Q9 does 3 of 3 or 9 of 1, I don't usually see attacks of 2 come rolling out unless that's all that's left.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 17th, 2009, 08:18 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, it looks like they made him an Eldrin instead of an Elf to avoid joining up with the Ullar Elf Wizards, but then they didn't make him good enough to stand on his own.

His Fey step power is kind of cool, makes for some potental surprise attacks on a cheerleader. Not too excited about his special attack though. Too unreliable to be effective IMO.

I liked my idea of having a D&D wizard with a bunch of different spells to choose from better. Wizards in general don't seem all that good in Heroscape.
Old December 17th, 2009, 08:18 PM

What is Fey Step?

Jugger

Old December 17th, 2009, 08:20 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post

What would be in the middle?

I like having flexibility in attacks, but it seems like there is often an option that just doesn't get used often. Like most of the time, Q9 does 3 of 3 or 9 of 1, I don't usually see attacks of 2 come rolling out unless that's all that's left.
I'm thinking maybe two equally good targets with three or four defense.
Old December 17th, 2009, 08:23 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Eh, not my favorite figure so far. He's all by himself when it comes to the rest of heroscape. Except for maybe being precise? Or is that bonus I'm thinking of only help soulborgs? There will only be a very rare instance I would use anything but his special attack. I like the special attack, but am thinking I would always choose to use the 4 attack. the 2 attack except against gruts is just not enough to justify the significant chance of only attacking once. That 4 attack is much better.

Still, I like the sculpt, and his other ability is fun. But he won't see play outside the scenario.
Old December 17th, 2009, 08:48 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Terrible figure. Rolling all skulls on 2 dice is unreliable, let alone 4. It's like DW8000's special except even more unreliable and it isn't even good against Vipers. His second special only working once per game is lame.

And to top it all off he has 2 defense.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Still, I like the sculpt, and his other ability is fun. But he won't see play outside the scenario.
He is pretty solid within the scenario though, because he has the party's only special attack that can target non-undead figures. That means that he can burninate the Drow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:20 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

If Fireblast were an area attack, Erevan would be the man.

Instead, I think he might not be.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units