Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: What type of event would best suit your inner-scaper?
Large map, multi-player campaign-type / goal oriented (teams or 1v1) 0 0%
Large map, multi-player deathmatch (team or 1v1) 2 11.76%
Medium sized map, multiplayer campaign-type / goal oriented (teams or 1v1) 0 0%
Medium sized map, multi-player deathmatch (teams or 1v1) 0 0%
Small map, campaign-type / goal oriented (teams or 1v1) 0 0%
Small map, deathmatch (teams or 1v1) 4 23.53%
Some type of tourney-play 1 5.88%
Just keep me posted. I'll play whatever! 6 35.29%
I can't make it, but I hope you win everything dnutt! 4 23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 26th, 2007, 12:33 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
NORCAL NHSD'07: Greater Bay Game Day - RECAP w/ Pics pg.14

EDIT: GAMEDAY COMPOSITION FINALIZED! 10/10/07

What's up scapers!
If you don't know me by now, (or if you've forgotten me),
My name is Darryl, and I'm a scape'aholic!

The GREATER BAY GAME DAY
(For National Heroscape Day: 10/20/07 this year).
FINAL CALL FOR SUGGESTIONS 10/10/07 !!!

GAME TYPE & MAPS
(With the current head count I'm expecting to have a total of 8-10 maps. Feel free to donate a map or 2!)

- 1 Hour Games: 20 min. break & prep intermission between games.

- Game Type: Last man standing!
  • Map Contributions: 1.5 MS +1 Expansion: Deathmatch Maps!
    - Wind Lane: 1-2 freestyle maps -- Lava / Road
    - dnutt99: As many freestyle maps as needed
    - RoninValentina: 1 map w/ variation
    - Grim: 1 map -- RttFF x2

*NOTE: I think RTFF can be incorporated with any map you feel
    since there are roads, and face it,... who doesn't like roads!
- GLYPH USAGE : Glyph usage is optional between opponents before gameplay begins. All glyphs will be available to use if chosen.

- STARTING ZONES : Last 2 rows of each starting end OR 30 spaces starting from furthest point.

ARMIES
  • - Each player composes a list of as many premade 600 point armies as you want.
    - Each player will bring as many units as you want to carry with you for your desired army selections.
    - No unit can be used in consecutive games, (so you still wouldn't be able to field the same unit twice in a row).
    - In the event that both opponents have the same unit, one player must choose to substitute it out for other units,
    (or if you can't decide, let the d20 do it for you).
    - dnutt99 will still be loaning out units if you require them.

TIME, LOCATION, & MATERIALS
- When: Saturday, October 20, 2007 (Duh! )
- Time : 12 noon - UNTIL IT'S OVER!
- Where: dnutt99's home (Oakland: Directions PM'ed 10/10/07.)
  • WHAT TO BRING
    - Maps / Map materials (if you're contributing)
    - Order markers / Wound markers / Dice / Dice Tower (optional)
    - List of premade 600 point armies, (for quick reference)
    - All units and army cards you need for your army selections
    - Snack to share (chips, cookies, veggies, whatever)
    - I DO NOT DRINK BEER, so if you'd like some, come prepared with your own bottles! There is no tavern across the street...... Malechi

Confirmed Attendees
  • dnutt99
    Aldin
    Grim
    Malechi
    Wind Lane
    Heretic
    Sexymama (The Bane of Malechi)
    Carnival Man
    - Carnival Boy
    The Man With 2 Names
    RoninValentina

Waiting to hear from
  • RacerX
    Voodoo
    Joe's Fury
    PREACHER
    Alastair MacDirk
    Others?

Can't make it!
  • - Satyr (Our NORCAL Champ will be there in spirit,... placed on my unique army card for Enthusiasm Spirit Aura D)
    - 1moreheroscaper
    - Alastair MacDirk (Greecey fresh)
    - Optimus415 (emergency wedding bells)
    - H_E_H (lost in the woods from the start)
    - Guerillinator (retreating to the skies)

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old August 26th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Small map, deathmatch (teams or 1v1)
That got my vote, but I'll show up regardless what we do - as long as it's 'Scape!!!
Old August 26th, 2007, 02:22 AM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker
Both! Ha ha, gotta have it all.

Anything's fine by me.

I like the idea of playing a bunch of games against a bunch of opponents. Short fast and deadly skirmishes are fun.

But I also liked the campaign system at the Valley Dwellers 3. (That was a series of games tied together with an overarching scoring system for those that aren't familiar with it)

And I'd love to try some variant victory conditions (but still pretty standard stuff) - Capture the Flag, Hostage Rescue, King of the Pit, Big Ol Monster, etc. etc.
Old August 26th, 2007, 03:33 AM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart
Regrettably, I'm not gonna be part of Nat'l HS Day ... again. I've got a wedding to attend that day. Super bummed. The last one looked like loads of fun and 1more is a mad scientist when it comes to scenarios.

Hopefully I can join in some HS fun with you guys some time soon ... schedule permitting.

D, I hope you win all the money

Game On !!!

Cry endgame and let slip the doggin of war.
Old August 26th, 2007, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyr
Regrettably, I'm not gonna be part of Nat'l HS Day ... again. I've got a wedding to attend that day. Super bummed. The last one looked like loads of fun and 1more is a mad scientist when it comes to scenarios.

Hopefully I can join in some HS fun with you guys some time soon ... schedule permitting.

D, I hope you win all the money

Game On !!!
That sux! I already let my sister-in-law know that I won't be attending anything she has planned on her birthday, (10/20 of course), but that my sons would do well to represent me. I'll miss your malt induced cries of victory!

Thanx for the vote of confidence! I think it's about time for me to start up a winning streak.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
Old August 26th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: NORCAL Greater Bay Area National HS Day Event (10.20.07)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99
Hi Darryl!

I like fast and furious, but am up for pretty much anything

~Aldin, who already put it on the calendar

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 26th, 2007, 09:11 PM

Re: NORCAL Greater Bay Area National HS Day Event (10.20.07)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99
Hi Darryl!
I was waiting for that response
I knew it was just a matter of time!

Old August 27th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Where's my option in the poll?
• I just want to play the Freakin' game!

You know damn well I say the same thing every time one of these is being set up!

I really had a lot of fun at last years National HeroScape Day at your place and would like to repeat. Of course I kicked ass on everyone that day - except your woman Dnutt, she trounced me but solid - And, I won the Castle set with 9 out of 10 Skulls!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old August 27th, 2007, 10:05 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!
Like HEH, I'm all for small 1v1 player maps--that's that basic approach to the campaigns we've played recently, but I do have two other scenario ideas.

Idea #1 I have rehashed/streamlined the treasure hunt from Hymar's temple, minus the wraiths. 2 to 4 Players Scenario

Idea #2 Recover the Sacred Idol. Before a figure you control can carry the idol, you must first possess 1 of each of the four keystones. After you gain carrying control of the Sacred Idol, you do not have to possess 1 of each of the four key stones, but you army may fall victim to the Idol's curse! Works well with 2 to 4 players.

Both Idea #1 & #2 also wrok well with round limits.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old August 27th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper
Like HEH, I'm all for small 1v1 player maps--that's that basic approach to the campaigns we've played recently, but I do have two other scenario ideas.
1more, I would love to play against you again.
I think I had zombies with Q9 against your Greeks and Roman Archers.
I felt bad, that I took Q9.

If you have two dream armies you'd love to see square off, I'd be all for using one of them and going at it with you.
Old August 27th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
This sounds like fun!! Way to go guys!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 28th, 2007, 01:09 PM

Ok good. Looks as though a lot of us have chimed in thus far. So as of right now it looks like:

Hex_Enduction_Hour
Malechi
dnutt99
1moreheroscaper
Aldin
Grim

NOT ATTENDING
Satyr

STILL WAITING FOR:
Alastair MacDirk
Guerillinator
Heretic
PREACHER
Voodoo
Joe's Fury

Can any of you guys get in contact with any of these folks? I've sent them all PM's but as of yet it doesn't look like any of them have opened it.
HEH, I'm sure you can contact G'nator!?! Maybe Alastair?
I can contact Heretic and see if he's interested. What about RacerX and some of the other scapers I'm not too familiar with. I'm sure they'd at least like an invite!

It looks like small 1v1 deathmatches are preferred. We can have a bunch of small 1v1 maps, (I'm thinkin 1.5 MS and an expansion?), as well as some other slightly larger maps for "advanced play" (like the 4 player scenario mentioned by 1more). I would like to keep a time limit or round limit on the games to ensure everyone has ample gaming time, and can play other scapers on other boards as well.

How about location? I held an event at my house last year, (Oakland), and it turned out well for everyone transportation-wise, I trhink. I'm open to holding the event at my place again, but am willing to travel elsewhere if need be. Usually a central location is best suitable for obvious reasons, but between everyone who is attending so far, what would that location be?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events