Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 12th, 2007, 05:38 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
You like that globe, don't you.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old November 13th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAROCEAN980
You like that globe, don't you.
It's my globe and you can't have it... so nah! :P

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 16th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Hahma's maps, more pix added 11/11/07 pg 2

I haven't posted any maps in a while, so I thought I'd post some pix of one I did this past weekend.

It's call "The Twins" and it's inpired by The Twins from George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Fire and Ice" series. In the series, the Frey family have a pair of keeps/castles/towers that mirror each other on either side of a river. They built the bridge there and charge tolls to all that wish to pass.

Anyway, once again I'm using Cavalier's water mat for this map. The map can be played with two players (one player attacking the keep from one side of the river trying to get across to the other side, the other player defends the keep and tries to keep the other player from crossing the river). It could be played with three players in a fashion similar to the two player, but with two players storming the keep from the same side of the river to get across. Or, one player can be outside each keep trying to wrest control from the defenders. It can also be played with four players, two defenders (one for each keep) and two attackers (one at each end of the map).

Here's the pix.

The flash from my camera makes the water map brighter than it really is. It's closer to the water tile color actually. I added some spiky stake hexes in a couple spots in the water next to the edge of the keeps, just to keep the attackers from sneaking around the edge unimpeded.

Old June 16th, 2009, 09:22 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Hahma's maps, more pix added 6/16/09 page 3, post #27

Great series, and nice job capturing what's described in the book.

-insert signature here-
Old June 16th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Great series, and nice job capturing what's described in the book.
Thanks nyys, I hope to play on the map this or next weekend as time permits.

Loved the series and am in the midst of reading it for a second time.

Old July 5th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Prickly Cactus

Here's a map that I made last weekend and played it a few times with my daughters, or had them play on it. Though playing against or helping the 6 year-olds play against each other doesn't give me much indication of how competitive the map is with veteran players (we didn't even use glyphs), it was fun and I thought I'd share it.

The map is called Resevoir Ruins

Old July 12th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Prickly Cactus

Re: Hahma's maps, more pix added 7/11/09 page 3

I have two versions of the same map here, one is with RTFF trees and one is with Jungle trees and bushes. I call them River Diversion and River Diversion In The Jungle. At some point I'll figure out the Upload feature and actually present something that can be downloaded or looked at better for those interested.

Edit: After building the first map, I made a few changes. I fixed that one on Virtualscape and brought it here, the second one (with the jungle) will be changed likewise when I get a chance.

Last edited by Hahma; July 12th, 2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old July 14th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Prickly Cactus

Here's a couple real pix of the River Diversion map above:

Old July 14th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looks pretty well balanced, and is it a 4player map? It definitely looks like it could be.

Great map Hahma, keep up the nicely made maps!

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old July 14th, 2009, 10:01 AM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

Is anyone else not seeing the pics? They aren't loadiing for me.
Old July 14th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
Is anyone else not seeing the pics? They aren't loadiing for me.
I am seeing them fine, it could be your browser.

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old July 14th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishlad5 View Post
Looks pretty well balanced, and is it a 4player map? It definitely looks like it could be.

Great map Hahma, keep up the nicely made maps!

Thanks Scottishlad. The map is symetrical and was made for two players regarding starting zones. It could be four players, but the ones starting on the high zones would have a pretty good height advantage if it was an all for themselves four player game, though if it was a team game of two vs two, then it would be fair.

After playing on a previous map that I made called Resevoir Ruins, I wanted something with more balance and variety of elevations. Resevoir Ruins was a quick throw together map and it was more or less a race to the center elevated area where the ruins are. It had some neat hiding spots and LOS blockers, but I wanted to do something better.

So with this River Diversion map I decided to throw in some water, but narrow enough that double base figs could get over in most spots and flyers could get across easily enough. I figured that from the starting zones, players would have multiple routes to choose from. I wanted lots of trees for some LOS blockers, but also because they look cool. The neat thing about it, is that I could switch out the ROTFF trees and replace with Ticalla trees and bushes. This would change the dymamic of the map because of the +1 defense vs. non-adjacent attacks offered by being next to the jungle trees and bushes.

I had my daughters play a game on it lastnight and it seems cool enough, though at 6 years -old, my twins like to send the heroes to the front. Needless to say Concan got killed in one attack from a Minion with height and Taelord. But Taelord got whacked not long after by Sentinels with height. Drake V.2 came up and wiped the floor with Minions, Warden and Isamu (who did pretty well for a while with an attack of 7 because of +2 vs. Jandar, Taelord and height). Anyway, I play dungeonmaster sort of and while I offer suggestions to my girls as far as strategy, I ultimately let them make the decision. I look forward to testing out the map with my nephew and we'll see how see how it works when real strategy is used and not just a bull rush head on

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios