Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 19th, 2011, 07:26 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: SF Bay Area - Immortals Tournament - January

What happens with Spartacus if he is chosen as the Immortal?

He stops becoming a Gladiator - that is clear, but what about his ability to Inspire Gladiators?

Gladiator Inspiration
If all Order Markers for a round are placed on Gladiator Army Cards, and at least one Order Marker is placed on Spartacus, then all Gladiators you control (except Spartacus) become inspired. Inspired Gladiators add one to their Move number and add 1 extra attack die and defense die for the rest of the round.

Because of the Immortal rule - Spartacus cannot Bond with the Capua Gladiators, but can he Inspire them?

--
Thanks,
*Kai
Old January 19th, 2011, 07:33 PM

Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
What happens with Spartacus if he is chosen as the Immortal?

He stops becoming a Gladiator - that is clear, but what about his ability to Inspire Gladiators?

Gladiator Inspiration
If all Order Markers for a round are placed on Gladiator Army Cards, and at least one Order Marker is placed on Spartacus, then all Gladiators you control (except Spartacus) become inspired. Inspired Gladiators add one to their Move number and add 1 extra attack die and defense die for the rest of the round.

Because of the Immortal rule - Spartacus cannot Bond with the Capua Gladiators, but can he Inspire them?

--
Thanks,
*Kai
Probably not, because Spartacus isn't a Gladiator any more. "If all Order Markers for a round are placed on Gladiator Army Cards."
Old January 19th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Robounit has the right of it, Hippo. From the opening post of this thread:

Quote:
Immortality
This hero's Species and Class changes to Immortal, and their Personality changes to Ageless. These traits cannot be changed for the rest of the game. Immortals ignore any power that would allow an opposing player to take a turn with this hero, nor can this hero be affected by a Negation Marker.
Spartacus is now an Immortal, not a Gladiator, so Gladiator Inspiration unfortunately becomes a victim of the changes that are there to prevent bonding. Couldn't be helped.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old January 20th, 2011, 07:06 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Out of desperate curiosity, is there some listing of what kinds of armies people have brought to OTHER such Immortals events?
Old January 20th, 2011, 11:08 AM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

I asked that on page 2 or 3, and was linked to the original immortals thread, but I didn't see anything useful there. Maybe you have more time to scour it then I do.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old January 20th, 2011, 03:00 PM

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The first Immortals tournament was pretty different in format to this one, so there really aren't any army lists out there to consider. I won't reveal the armies I'll be bringing, but if you guys want I could probably construct a few I'd consider taking as examples.

Old January 20th, 2011, 03:39 PM

Also, I did finally add Cloak and Dagger and Jungle Wall to the front post. Can you field both of those, Person? I don't think we'll need either of them headcount wise (I don't even think Dnutt is gonna make it; since I emailed him personally with no response ) but I like both maps and it'll keep the match rotation going nicely. And maybe we'll get lucky and have some last minute joins.

Old January 20th, 2011, 03:47 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, that's not a problem RV. I'll pull the needed terrain this weekend, and bring both maps to the tournament.

As for those of you wondering about armies, I can post some of my rejected armies, which may or may not help you determine what to bring. (they were rejected because I think the ones I went with are better, not because they're totally useless). But I have two more to test tonight, first, so we'll see what we get.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Old January 20th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Out of desperate curiosity, is there some listing of what kinds of armies people have brought to OTHER such Immortals events?
Well, one of my Immortals is definitely going to be ************, but for my other one I keep vacillating between *******, *****, ***** and ********. I hope that helps.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old January 20th, 2011, 07:40 PM

Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker

Anyone have 3 squads of Gladiatrons I can borrow?

Thanks,
Nick
Old January 20th, 2011, 08:17 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

If Cyprien is your Immortal, and you also have Sonya ... does Eternal Heartbreak trigger when he is removed from the board?

I interpret Regeneration as getting around this flaw.

Quote:
Eternal Heartbreak
If you control Cyprien Esenwein, and he is destroyed, Sonya Esenwein immediately receives 2 wounds.
Quote:
Regeneration
When this hero would be destroyed by a non-Immortal figure or effect, instead place it on this card. At the start of the next round before Order Markers are placed, remove any wound markers on this card and place this hero on the board adjacent to any friendly figure you control. If this hero cannot be placed, it is immediately destroyed.
Old January 20th, 2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotunit197 View Post
Anyone have 3 squads of Gladiatrons I can borrow?

Thanks,
Nick
I only have two, and I need them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
If Cyprien is your Immortal, and you also have Sonya ... does Eternal Heartbreak trigger when he is removed from the board?

I interpret Regeneration as getting around this flaw.

Quote:
Eternal Heartbreak
If you control Cyprien Esenwein, and he is destroyed, Sonya Esenwein immediately receives 2 wounds.
Quote:
Regeneration
When this hero would be destroyed by a non-Immortal figure or effect, instead place it on this card. At the start of the next round before Order Markers are placed, remove any wound markers on this card and place this hero on the board adjacent to any friendly figure you control. If this hero cannot be placed, it is immediately destroyed.
On page two or three, this was discussed as an example of a reason the power needed rewording. That is the correct interpretation, it does not trigger in that case.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events