Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old April 26th, 2013, 07:29 PM

raptor12bee is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Good ranged heroscape squad/heros?

I'm looking to upgrade my heroscape collection and am looking to buy good ranged characters both squads and heroes any suggestions?
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Good ranged heroscape squad/heros?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor12bee View Post
I'm looking to upgrade my heroscape collection and am looking to buy good ranged characters both squads and heroes any suggestions?
Can we assume that you already have Syvarris from RotV?
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:42 PM

raptor12bee is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_T-Steff View Post
Quote:
Yes I have RotV and SotM and a few other customs/misc. characters from other sets
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes I have RotV and SotM and a few other customs/misc. characters from other sets
Hmm i thought so. Anyways, the Omnicron Snipers http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=8118 are a decent squad for range. My personal favorite sniper squad is the Airborne Elite, but you already have that...

For power and range, my favorite heroes are always Major Q9 http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=8597 and Major Q10 http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=11403. Can't go wrong with either.
Old April 26th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the site!

4th Mass and 10th Regiment are some of the strongest ranged units. It will be cheaper to buy the 10th Reg, though.

MegaSilver, who notes that the Stingers are also part of the Triad.
Old April 26th, 2013, 08:50 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well then, you've already got the Krav Maga Agents, Major Q10 and Marro Stingers; that's a great start!

Like MegaSilver said, the 4th Mass and 10th Regiment are top-echelon ranged squads. While many will argue that the 4th are better (meh...one-on-one, maybe!), the 10th are easy to find and reasonably priced, and they're pretty useful in many armies. On the not-so-cheap side, Aubrien Archers and Mohican River Tribe are pretty darned good when used carefully.

On the hero side, Major Q9 is the best (though he's kinda cheese). You've already got Q10, though, so best to save yourself a few bucks on this one. If you can get your hands on Kaemon Awa, he's a real gem.

Don't forget the dragons! Nilfheim and Zelrig (also on the not-so-cheap side) are real power players due to them having the Flying Special power and ranged special attacks that can hit more than one figure.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old April 27th, 2013, 08:00 AM

HarleyThomas is surprisingly tart

I'm fond of Arrow Gruts. Not the strongest, but Beast Bonding can be devestating depending on the bonded hero. Mimring comes to mind.
Old April 27th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyThomas View Post
I'm fond of Arrow Gruts. Not the strongest, but Beast Bonding can be devestating depending on the bonded hero. Mimring comes to mind.
Oh, with the right army builds, Arrow Gruts can be devastating.

MegaSilver, who would use lots of Swog Riders and Krug.
Old April 27th, 2013, 09:16 AM

HarleyThomas is surprisingly tart

I had just glanced through such a thread while reading the Book of Arrow Gruts mentioning a tournament winning build.

And Raelin because everyone uses her.
Old April 27th, 2013, 09:41 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Everyone has pretty much already said the best answers.

Squads:10th, 4th, Arrows

Heroes: Q9, Kaemon Awa, Agent Skahen

Kaemon is a cool unit. He has a nice sculpt, pretty good base stats, and good specials. I'd say if you pick any one thing from these lists, go with him
Old April 27th, 2013, 02:57 PM

beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker

With SotM you have 2 squads of stingers. You could pick up two more squads for under $10 and stingers x4 + Raelin is a very nice core of 320 points. Add Q9 for another 10 bucks and you have a pretty buff 500 point army.

Trades

WoW customs - I'd love to get some awesome looking WoW minis on my Heroscape maps. Please lend me your expert advice.

My travel blog
Old April 27th, 2013, 03:05 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Pretty much what people have said. I'm not a huge fan of samurai, but Kaemon Awa is in my top 3 favorites. Everything about him is great

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion