Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 23rd, 2010, 07:43 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Mogrimm Forgehammer

The Book of Mogrimm Forgehammer
Champions of the Forgotten Realms - Collection 11 (D1) - "Heroes of Faerun"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check the Heroscapers Gallery for stats and special powers.

Character Bio: TBA

Synergy Benefits Received
- AXEGRINDERS OF BURNING FORGE: Dwarven Strategic Bonding:
As a Dwarf Hero, Morgrimm Forgehammer may benefit from the Axegrinders' DWARVEN STRATEGIC BONDING activation synergy.

- ROMAN LEGIONNAIRES : Warlord Bonding

As a Warlord, Morgrimm Forgehammer may benefit from Roman Legionnaires’ WARLORD BONDING activation bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Morgrimm Forgehammer Pre-Release Discussion

Power Ranking and Master Index
Like the Axegrinders, he's solid. A- (Jexik)
Unit Strategy Review
TBA

(Thanks for a nice shot, Chief)

Last edited by Rÿchean; April 13th, 2015 at 10:50 PM. Reason: vc added
Old March 24th, 2010, 03:07 PM
has been BANNED

airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Mogrimm Forgehammer

Just played this guy.
Definitely my favorite dwarf.

For some reason I imagined his Commander`s Strike to be devastating but it limits you to choosing only one figure. Which is a good thing IMO.

I`d give him a B+

EDIT:
I examined the figure and noticed he had some sort of bow on his back. He doesnt have range so that must be his Commander`s Strike. Makes sense because you have to have clear sight on the enemy figure, not your own.

Last edited by airdroppers; March 24th, 2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old March 24th, 2010, 04:01 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

I'm going to point out here that Commander's Strike requires you to have LoS on the target of the attack, not the friendly figure you're using to 'attack' it.

I had it in my head that you needed to see the friendly figure, and it put me in a tight spot when my friend caught my mistake and got to put his squad figure back on the attack glyph he was so jealously guarding.

Also, while he gives a bonus to initiative if there's an order marker on him, the majority of your moves with this guy will be through bonding with either the Axegrinders or the Legionnaires.

All in all, he's a little weaker than I initially considered him to be, but still a solid figure to play, what with his 6 life and free shield. I don't really do letter grades, so I'll give him a "Will play regularly" grade, because I love dwarves so.
Old March 24th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post
Also, while he gives a bonus to initiative if there's an order marker on him, the majority of your moves with this guy will be through bonding with either the Axegrinders or the Legionnaires.
That is what the X marker is for. I use the X marker to inspire my Gladiators even though I do not take any turns with Sparticus till the end of the game.
Old March 24th, 2010, 05:11 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Yeah - X Marker FTW.

I'm actually kind of disappointed that he got that Initiative power. I had that in my mind as a Capuan thing - one of the things that made them special and worth their points. Now its like "Why don't I just play Dwarves/Mogrimm and get 4 figures in my squad, and more squads/heroes?"

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 24th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Yeah - X Marker FTW.

I'm actually kind of disappointed that he got that Initiative power. I had that in my mind as a Capuan thing - one of the things that made them special and worth their points. Now its like "Why don't I just play Dwarves/Mogrimm and get 4 figures in my squad, and more squads/heroes?"
Ditto that. The Glads were good at striking first. Now the Dwarves are too. And you can fit all three Dwarf heroes into one army (500 point game) with 3x AGBF. You can only get 2 heroes with 3 squads of Glads. I still like the steamroller though they do have better speed.
Old March 24th, 2010, 07:34 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Yeah - X Marker FTW.

There are a finite number of Special Powers or Attacks that don't break the game. I'm betting the easy, most obvious ones have been already given out to single units. For the sake of balance, I believe that a viable plan would be to focus on using various combinations of existing Specials to create more complex chracters within a given theme. I believe that Thorgrimm (and his popularity) is an example of the kind of unit such a plan would produce. His particular combination of Specials is wonderfully thematicized. He is so ! Sorry Sparty, Heroes are more sophisticated now than they were when you were created. Again, gargantian kudos to the creative team of designers, playtesters, et al.
Old March 24th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Tickle Pickle

True if they had dropped that one power and maybe made his Special Ability not depend on having a figure engaged he would be much better in my eyes.
Old March 24th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

EDIT: Nevermind, doesn't work.
Old March 25th, 2010, 02:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

The thing is, that his inative bonus can be used for any army you throw him in. Not just the dwarves. The glads inative bonus is restricted to a glad heavy/only army build. So you can have an army with all ranged untis except for him, throw the x marker on him every round and get first strike at range most of the time. I thought the glads inative bonus was a great power for them since they were all melee and needed to close the distance as quickly as possible.
Old March 25th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, right. But in DnD 4E, any party who travels with a Warlord will have a boost to their Initiatives as well. Mogrimm's boost is fifteen percent. Enough to possibly make a difference, but not overwhelmingly so. If you're that afraid of being outmaneuvered by armies who've paid to draft Mogrimm, well... you can draft him too. On the other hand, it's not as if he's that cheap- An all ranged army drafting him isn't too likely to take full advantage of his 120pt cost.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old March 28th, 2010, 02:52 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

I see Mogrimm as the best unit out of wave D1. The Hydra are horrifying, and the Phantom Knights are an excellent squad, but Mogrimm I feel is the best unit so far because he fits into good old regular 'Scape so well. He looks very natural with the AG, and his abilities are fantastic, along with the fact that one of the most competetive units in the game also bond with him.

I'm playing quite an epic game where Romans, MDG, Venocs, VW, AG, and Mogrimm are all taking up the forefront of the battle, and the versitility of those 3 Warlord Armies kicks total butt!

Using Dwarves gets you pumped up just like the MacDerks, and Mogrimm defititely gives the "Heat of Battle" feel to any game.

Last edited by Brewster; March 28th, 2010 at 08:44 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units