Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old September 20th, 2006, 03:19 PM

Turtleboy has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
Here's another question: Should the tower be purchasable with points at the begining of a game, or should it be written into a siege scenario? If the later I think we should include a scenario or two in the Sajon's Siege Tower rules book we come up with.
Im seeing this as a special placement. Who would want to spend most of their points on a tower

Old September 20th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Q. We should have listed height values for each platform for the purpose of falling/jumping.

A. I can add decoration to the tower that equals hex levels to show on the tower how high/low the figure is. I also think standard falling rules should apply.

Quote:
Here's another question: Should the tower be purchasable with points at the begining of a game, or should it be written into a siege scenario? If the later I think we should include a scenario or two in the Sajon's Siege Tower rules book we come up with.
Yes but as for point value I'm not sure, because moving it gives you a handicap until it gets along side the wall.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old September 20th, 2006, 03:37 PM

HokshilaTo Woo who?
Just an Idea... What about placement, since most towers were constructed on site, what about using something simular to AE's Drop.
Old September 20th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Moving Sajon’s Siege Tower: When counting spaces for Sajon’s Siege Tower’s movement. Ignore the first level of elevation. Sajon’s Siege Tower may not end its movement on uneven ground. If Sajon’s Siege Tower still has movement spaces left when it ends its move, all enemy figures adjacent to the tower receive ramming damage. Roll one attack die for each affected figure, if the roll results in a skull that figure receives a wound. (I don’t have a rulebook handy but however they word the rule for double space figures being able to cross over single space wide rivers should go here modified for the siege tower.) Sajon’s Siege Tower may only be moved by an adjacent hero or squad unit.

Moving Sajon’s Siege Tower with a Hero: In place of its normal turn, a hero with a size of 8 or higher may move Sajon’s Siege Tower up to 4 spaces. The hero must begin his turn adjacent to Sajon’s Siege Tower, after moving the siege tower up to 4 spaces place the hero adjacent to Sajon’s Siege Tower again. The hero may move a total of no more than 4 spaces.

Moving Sajon’s Siege Tower with a Squad: In place of its normal turn, a squad unit of 3 or more figures, with a size of 4 or higher, may move Sajon’s Siege Tower up to 4 spaces. All squad members of the activated unit must begin their turn adjacent to Sajon’s Siege Tower, after moving the siege tower up to 4 spaces place all of the activated squad members adjacent to Sajon’s Siege Tower again. The activated squad members may move a total of no more than 4 spaces.

Okay so there is a start for some of the move issues. What do you guys think? What am I missing there? That would be the order I would list the movement rules in the book too. I think the ramming damage takes care of the problem of the enemy slowing the tower down, or at least evens it out because he stands a chance of losing the figures he sends out to slow the towers progress.
Old September 20th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokshilaTo
Just an Idea... What about placement, since most towers were constructed on site, what about using something simular to AE's Drop.
I think this issue could be solved by making this a scenario only thing, rather than a purchasable with points thing. We could instruct the player in the scenario as to exactlly where to start the siege tower at. And if one wanted to, they could do a scenario where the tower gets built and appears on a particular turn.
Old September 20th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
HOLY CRAP! I am never going to class again, this is what I miss while I am away!

Need to catch up on what you have so far and will add my shortly.
Old September 20th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Beautiful Colby

CA, it would help me visualize a bit if when you get around to it you could snap some photos of the tower being deployed onto a castle. Just trying to figure out exactlly what kind of issues we are goign to have with the deployment ramp and the castle wall height with and without battlements etc. Maybe we'll need a rule where when the ram comes down it destroys the battlement if it makes the walls too high. If the battlements need to be there for the ramp to be the right height than we'll have to do a picture diagram of figures moving from the castle to the deployment ramp with the extra height involved going that way. If it dosn't quite line up with either we're going to have to have some sort of clarifications in ther rules about any issues that might create.
Old September 20th, 2006, 04:12 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Does it need its own card like the door?
Most definately, although given the amount of rules involved it may be difficult to manage. Perhaps a rule reference sheet would be enough for the movement rules. But a card of some sort will be required if you decide to make this a destructible object, which you probably should.

Quote:
If it has a card and can be destroyed what happens to figures on it?
Some sort of modified fall damage roll should occur....something a bit mroe severe than the usual.

Quote:
Does it move? If so how? Do we need to provide a diagram?
Your movement rules are shaping up slowly but steadily. Keep it up.

Quote:
It can block alot of line of site so that's self explainatory there.
Yes it is. No need for complicated rules there, although if CA wants to add sighting marks on the tower it may help ranged units to fire off of it.

Quote:
We should probably re-interate the ladder rules in these rules for clarity sake.
You could reiterate, but as this is a fixed ladder the rules will be slightly different as many scenarios involving normal ladders cannot be built.

Quote:
Rules for moving from ladder rung to a siege platform.
I assume this would be the same as moving from a ladder rung to a wall walk or any other terrain piece?

The siege platforms should have hexes indicated for movement purposes I think.

Quote:
Rules for lowering the gate thingy.
Look to the castle door rules for simplicity and consistency. Some space in the tower should activate the gate.

Quote:
We should have listed height values for each platform for the purpose of falling/jumping.
CA's idea of indicating height marks on the tower is perfect.

Quote:
I think both. I think in most cases it will be used in scenarios, like the door, but I think assigning it a suggested point value would be helpful. Perhaps a player will decide to forgo their full value of army figures in order to get the siege tower instead.
Old September 20th, 2006, 04:17 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Moving Sajon’s Siege Tower: When counting spaces for Sajon’s Siege Tower’s movement. Ignore the first level of elevation. Sajon’s Siege Tower may not end its movement on uneven ground. If Sajon’s Siege Tower still has movement spaces left when it ends its move, all enemy figures adjacent to the tower receive ramming damage. Roll one attack die for each affected figure, if the roll results in a skull that figure receives a wound. (I don’t have a rulebook handy but however they word the rule for double space figures being able to cross over single space wide rivers should go here modified for the siege tower.) Sajon’s Siege Tower may only be moved by an adjacent hero or squad unit.

Moving Sajon’s Siege Tower with a Hero: In place of its normal turn, a hero with a size of 8 or higher may move Sajon’s Siege Tower up to 4 spaces. The hero must begin his turn adjacent to Sajon’s Siege Tower, after moving the siege tower up to 4 spaces place the hero adjacent to Sajon’s Siege Tower again. The hero may move a total of no more than 4 spaces.

Moving Sajon’s Siege Tower with a Squad: In place of its normal turn, a squad unit of 3 or more figures, with a size of 4 or higher, may move Sajon’s Siege Tower up to 4 spaces. All squad members of the activated unit must begin their turn adjacent to Sajon’s Siege Tower, after moving the siege tower up to 4 spaces place all of the activated squad members adjacent to Sajon’s Siege Tower again. The activated squad members may move a total of no more than 4 spaces.

Okay so there is a start for some of the move issues. What do you guys think? What am I missing there? That would be the order I would list the movement rules in the book too. I think the ramming damage takes care of the problem of the enemy slowing the tower down, or at least evens it out because he stands a chance of losing the figures he sends out to slow the towers progress.
Obviously the wordings of these are still wonky, but you're on the right track I think. Ramming damage could be a bit more elegant I think. I think that given the sheer amount of stuff that needs to be dealt with, you should really be thinking about a rule booklet and not a card. Save the card for the actual destructible object nature of the thing and use it just to hold the defense value, move value, life, special reinforced defense, etc of the tower. Put the rest of these rules in fully expanded, detailed, exampled form in the rule booklet. The tower's card could say "siege object" or something like that and rules for such an object could be clarified in the book just as the door's special rules are clarified now.

Personally, I think that if Hasbro ever gives us siege towers they will be able to move themselves somehow for simplicity's sake...perhaps Troll pushers ala LOTR? But given that the sculpt does not contain any means of locomotion I think your rules are getting there.
Old September 20th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Beautiful Colby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:

Obviously the wordings of these are still wonky, but you're on the right track I think. Ramming damage could be a bit more elegant I think. I think that given the sheer amount of stuff that needs to be dealt with, you should really be thinking about a rule booklet and not a card. Save the card for the actual destructible object nature of the thing and use it just to hold the defense value, move value, life, special reinforced defense, etc of the tower. Put the rest of these rules in fully expanded, detailed, exampled form in the rule booklet. The tower's card could say "siege object" or something like that and rules for such an object could be clarified in the book just as the door's special rules are clarified now.

Personally, I think that if Hasbro ever gives us siege towers they will be able to move themselves somehow for simplicity's sake...perhaps Troll pushers ala LOTR? But given that the sculpt does not contain any means of locomotion I think your rules are getting there.
Yeah that's pretty much been my plan all along. That's why I'm talking about diagrams and asked if it needs a card. I was thinking maybe fully expressing the use of the object in the book, but I think a destructable object card AND a rule book is going to be the way to go.
Old September 20th, 2006, 04:33 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
CA, it would help me visualize a bit if when you get around to it you could snap some photos of the tower being deployed onto a castle. Just trying to figure out exactlly what kind of issues we are goign to have with the deployment ramp and the castle wall height with and without battlements etc. Maybe we'll need a rule where when the ram comes down it destroys the battlement if it makes the walls too high. If the battlements need to be there for the ramp to be the right height than we'll have to do a picture diagram of figures moving from the castle to the deployment ramp with the extra height involved going that way. If it dosn't quite line up with either we're going to have to have some sort of clarifications in ther rules about any issues that might create.
Perhaps the "ramp" piece could have little protusions that fit in between the battlements to make a solid fit? If that's something that cut be cut out and added on that is.
Old September 20th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
I'll get some pics taken tonight (just got a new camera, dying to use it some more, )

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions