Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 27th, 2014, 07:47 PM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness
May 31 Western PA Tournament - Draft!

Hey all, So I know it's late notice, but I'm putting together a tournament for this Saturday.

Date: Saturday, May 31, 2013

Time: 1:00 PM to 6ish PM

12:00- Setup
12:30 - Registration
1:00-6:00 - Tournament Time!

25 Pine Grove Square
Grove City, PA 16127

Google Map to Location

Bell's is about an hour north of Pittsburgh or an hour east of Akron.

Format: 5 Round Swiss Draft. Each player brings up to 650 points of units. Players may not bring fewer than 600 points of units. Players roll off and the player with the high roll can either pick first or defer. Units can be drafted from the combined 1300 point pool both players bring. Picks proceed in standard 1-2-2-2... format until both players have 400 points of units drafted. Start Zones are 24 hexes.

Common units can be drafted 2 to a single pick.

VC AND Marvel permitted.

Entrance Fee*: $5

Prizes*:
1st - 50% of entry fees in credit to Bell's Comics and Cards
2nd - 30% of entry fees in credit to Bell's Comics and Cards
3rd - 20% of entry fees in credit to Bell's Comics and Cards

Maps**:
Spoiler Alert!

More maps are needed, so please let me know if you can bring any!

*Note that Bell's lets us use their space for free. We want to honor them for their benevolence towards us by giving them some business, hence the entrance fee and prizes.
**Note that we'll need help bringing maps. We don't have enough terrain between the two of us to set up more than 5 or 6 BoV's. We are open to balanced custom maps. If you want to bring a custom map, please PM me with a link to the build instructions and I'll check it out.

Attendees ( 7 ):
Nirek
Viegon
TrollBrute
Zettian Juggernaut
hose
hosey
Andy

Maybes ( 2 ):
lettucemode
Joe

More format info:
Spoiler Alert!
[/quote]

Last edited by Nirek; May 30th, 2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old May 28th, 2014, 07:00 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: May 31 Western PA Tournament - Draft!

Glad to see this is still happening. TrollBrute, Zettian Juggernaut, and I are planning on coming. We can bring a couple maps too, I was already planning on putting up Swamp Thing (BoV) for playtesting, so we could bring that one at least if that works.

I like the idea of a draft, but I do have a question: will players be allowed to draft from each other's units/draft pools, or are you only drafting from the units you bring?

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old May 28th, 2014, 08:52 PM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oh right!

Sorry I meant to clarify that. You can draft from the combined 1400 point pool.
Old May 29th, 2014, 10:35 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Ooooh... I have a senior banquet that night. Someday one of these has to work, right?
Old May 29th, 2014, 10:36 PM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

Hosey and I should be there. I don't think I can bring a prebuilt map since I don't have easy access to my terrain. But I can bring some sets and build on-site if needed. Let me know if you need me to do this. One question: if I only can draft the hulk, and lose , does my opponent get 370 points or 400 points? Thanks.
Old May 30th, 2014, 01:00 PM

Hey guys,

Location is confirmed as Bell's Comics and Cards, where we've held the last couple tournaments. Space will likely be tight there, so we'll need to keep it to probably 6 or 7 maps maximum. I will be on some this afternoon and then out until late tonight, so if you guys are chatting maps after 5, you can just work it out.

For now I'll plan on Viegon and co. bringing Swamp Thing. Can we get 1-2 more?

Hose, good question. When you win outright, you'll always take 400 points. If it goes to time and you win, you take what you killed. Make sense?
Old May 30th, 2014, 02:49 PM

Hey guys,

I made an error above, thinking that Badru Valley used SotM, not RotV. I actually don't have the necessary extra RotV for Badru Valley, so I swapped it out for Fossil. The OP is up to date with that change.

Two of my maps are built (the other one I am bringing broken down because I don't have the space in the car to bring it built), my tournament box is packed, and I'm ready to go! Really looking forward to tomorrow.

Just got to pick my draft pool now...
Old May 30th, 2014, 03:53 PM

Even now, it's worth throwing out the question.

I'm happy to run for 6 people (and I am reaching out to my friends, trying to get more), but do you guys want to make the trek for a tourney of just 6? Obviously you'd get to play 5 games against 5 different players still.

Let me know if you don't want to come if it's just going to be us 6.
Old May 30th, 2014, 04:51 PM

Got one more!
Old May 30th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

We're still planning on coming, and we should be able to bring the pieces for a second map. Any requests? I was looking at maybe bringing BoV's Hot Heights.

Also, if somebody could bring an extra squad of Aubrien Archers and a card for Haduc for me to use, that'd be great.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old May 30th, 2014, 09:04 PM

I gotcha, V
Old May 30th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I could also use cards for Manuavi and Bahadur if anyone has them?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events