Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old July 20th, 2012, 01:54 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Funny thing about our play last night was that my daughter (who I had in mind when I bought the game) still did her typical 'can we stop' after 40 minutes. Where my son did the opposite I expected and got into it.

They did spend the day at the beach yesterday and were pretty wiped when we started. I'm hoping play #2 will go better... no more dust please.

-insert signature here-
Old July 20th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Maybe it's in girls' DNA to not like games as much as boys.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 21st, 2012, 12:38 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

LEGO Monster 4 with 4 players x5. Won 2. Might be my favorite LEGO game so far.

Ticket to Ride: Europe with 4 players. Won with our highest score to date. 158 to 119 to 110 to 101.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 21st, 2012, 09:55 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Just purchased Seven Card Samurai last night. It looks really fun and can accommodate 8 players, so that is nice for a larger group. It's very family friendly, and I hope to get some plays in today.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 21st, 2012, 10:21 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

I played Eminent Domain for the first time and got third trying to win with Colonization and Trade/production. Then, I played Alien Frontiers for the first time and lost with no specific strategy. Then, I played three games of The Resitance and lost twice as a spy and once as the Resistance and Finally, I won a game of Dominant Species by first, starting mass extinction by playing blight on the central tile and later, camping on a group of sea, wetland and Savana tiles.

All in all, a fantastic day

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY

Last edited by Neo; July 21st, 2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old July 21st, 2012, 10:31 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Played Carcassonne x2 tonight.

The second game my brother managed to get 15 castles next to farmland, after all 3 of us fought to control the farmland.
Old July 21st, 2012, 10:58 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played Fury of Dracula last night with Zarovich and his friends; just moved to the area, so this was my first meeting with those guys.

The game was fun; unfortunately, Dracula was able to keep just out of grasp, ending the game with 4-6 life remaining.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old July 22nd, 2012, 12:52 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
I played Eminent Domain for the first time and got third trying to win with Colonization and Trade/production. Then, I played Alien Frontiers for the first time and lost with no specific strategy. Then, I played three games of The Resitance and lost twice as a spy and once as the Resistance and Finally, I won a game of Dominant Species by first, starting mass extinction by playing blight on the central tile and later, camping on a group of sea, wetland and Savana tiles.

All in all, a fantastic day
Eminent Domain is an excellent deck builder that contains a lot more strategy than one would imagine. I haven't played my copy in a while, but your mention of it makes me want to bring it to the table next time I'm free to play.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old July 22nd, 2012, 09:15 AM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

I had two friends over yesterday. I played in 3 Summoner Wars games and they battled each other twice. I went 2-1. In between a couple of those we played KingMaker, which was even longer than last time. I think it was pushin four hours (although dinner was in there too, but still). I ended up winning it barely.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 10:52 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My analog boardgaming has taken a backseat to my IOS boardgaming (Summoner Wars), but I was able to get some light, family gaming in these last few days. We played another game of Guillotine (my wife for the first time), which is always quick fun, as well a snake-building game called Hisss.

In more serious stuff, I played a game of Heroscape and another solo game of Infiltration.

I also received my pile-o-Kickstarter stuff from D-Day Dice. I've played through a solo beginner game and hope to try two-player with my son soon. It seems like a fun game, and how can you argue with so much dice-rolling?

By the way, is that you doing the tandem skydive on BGG, Omahavice? Great video, and it makes me think jumping out of planes wouldn't be so bad...
Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:46 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

I've decided to try a game of Summoner Wars against an actual opponent. I selected a more casually paced game set for 7 days as my first, and I selected Phoenix Elves. My opponent has chosen Fallen Kingdom. We both just finished our first turn, so I'm excited to see how this plays.

A game I recently purchased is Tannhauser. I actually purchased this before, but it was before the revised rules. I had tossed it away due to the fact that there was simply no way I could memorize all those tokens.

The game has equipment cards which I've purchased with it, so we'll see if I made the right choice in taking the plunge a second time.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:49 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Just ordered Last Will. It's actually a game that has been released (2011) that someone in my gaming group doesn't have yet. It has gotten really good reviews and looks like fun. Kind of Euro with some theme.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games