Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 21st, 2008, 07:29 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Thanks for making that effort messenger. So many of ch1can0's map are just awesome but none of them meet the BOV criteria. We now have one of his maps in the BOV and we appreciate you making that possible.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old March 23rd, 2008, 06:35 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Thanks for allowing us to look at this one, Jonathan.
Thanks for taking a look, Rev!
Old March 24th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Maps currently being reviewed:
Ice Buffer by GameBear

This has been a tough map for me to review. Like Artic Divide and some lava maps, players sometimes feel like they're fighting with the terrain itself. It uses a very interesting combination of sets (1 SotM, 1 TT), and uses them quite well. The map calls for Heavy Snow and Normal Ice, which was a good choice. Because many of the Snow spaces are higher than the surrounding territory, it takes 3 spaces to move up them much of the time, and just 1 to move on the ice spaces.

The map does not go above 2 high anywhere, although the swamp and regular water on the fringes are technically zero high. There is no one 'best' spot on the map, and both glyphs are well placed on the relative low areas on the map. Snow and water come at the starting zones from all sides, so while players have no reason to stay put, they can't exactly leave very quickly either.

No matter what, the central snow area becomes important to control, and can be relatively easy to keep once entrenched. The Glaciers here help give melee figures somewhat of a break though. The central glyph serves both as an interesting focal point and a barrier to movement between the sides. The interplay between all of this leads to some interesting tactical decisions and important initiative switches.

As for the northern sand and rock area, the water was placed so that most non fliers or slitherers take 3 turns to get there, which helps force players to look ahead. On the other hand, when the glyph here wasn't very powerful, there was almost no reason to go to this area at all.

Now, I'm just listing this map's attributes. It's a fun map. It's an interesting map. It's a good map, but I'm afraid it's not a great map. It's certainly a pretty good option for TD's looking for what to do with these sets in a world dominated by RotV and RttFF, but I'm going to vote NO on Ice Buffer. Sorry GameBear.

Edit: Changed a mention of 'slippery' to normal ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 24th, 2008, 12:40 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
STAROCEAN's Blaze Pass (1 SOTM, 2 VW, 1 RTTFF)

and Grudge Road (1 ROTV, 1 SOTM, 1 RTTFF)

should definitely be considered.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 24th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
STAROCEAN's Blaze Pass (1 SOTM, 2 VW, 1 RTTFF)

and Grudge Road (1 ROTV, 1 SOTM, 1 RTTFF)

should definitely be considered.
I will hopefully playtest them sometime in the next couple days. It is funny that you bring them up because when I first saw them I thought the same thing!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old March 24th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
While both of those maps have potential, I'm assuming these aren't official nominations. Since the maps just came out today, neither of you have played on them yet, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 24th, 2008, 01:59 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Oops, missed that last point. I'll have to build them soon, then, since I think they're both really good.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 24th, 2008, 02:54 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
I'm actually kind of unclear on which maps are presently pending acceptance for review... Battlerock Island and Tursan Run were nominated but ineligible, right? I don't think that's been confirmed yet.
Old March 24th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadom
I'm actually kind of unclear on which maps are presently pending acceptance for review... Battlerock Island and Tursan Run were nominated but ineligible, right? I don't think that's been confirmed yet.
Tursan run doesn't meet the the standards nor does battlerock Island! So they can't be accepted.

Old March 24th, 2008, 12:47 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Oops, missed that last point. I'll have to build them soon, then, since I think they're both really good.
Wow. You guys think they're really that good?
I made them with the intention of nominating them myself but I've got no one to play with right now.

I really flattered you guys nominated them!

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old March 24th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAROCEAN980
Quote:
I made them with the intention of nominating them myself but I've got no one to play with right now.

It wouldn't be right to nominate them without playtesting! So I am not nominating them yet.

Old March 24th, 2008, 12:53 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAROCEAN980
Quote:

It wouldn't be right to nominate them without playtesting! So I am not nominating them yet.
I know.
Edit: They're up now.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios