Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old September 26th, 2018, 04:48 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

I ended up passing on the last one that peaked my interest, but now here is another one to consider. The Mayan theme looks cool and it does sound like a Blood Rage or Rising Sun style of game play and I enjoy both of those games.
Old September 28th, 2018, 07:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
A pal just told me about Mezo (as in Meso-America), a game based on Mayan mythology. While outwardly it resembles games like Rising Sun, its actually quite different. Check it out on BGG in its Videos section!
is designed by our old friend @justjohn of Small Box Games. Good designer and always a good guy in the community here.

~Aldin, bumpingly

Just noticed this got canceled and it was about to reach the funding goal with over 2 weeks to go. Any idea what happened?
Old September 28th, 2018, 08:28 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Wow! It was getting some good reviews/previews. I wonder if it had anything to do with production costs? Though considering the base game level was like $80 and going up to $130, it seemed like they were charging a good bit.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 28th, 2018, 08:31 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Don't Panic! Its being relaunched Tuesday at 10 PM. The publisher discusses this on bgg here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread...s-oct-2nd-10am

After listening to a lot of critical feedback (yes, including from me, although I was pretty gentle), they rethought the campaign!
Old October 2nd, 2018, 04:32 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Mezo is almost refunded on its first relaunch day so far, and the relaunch improves several things. On BGG you can vote for the board art you like best for the second side, as it is now to be two sided with different art on each (no game play impact). You can also get add ons now, including 3D pyramids!
Old October 2nd, 2018, 10:11 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Mezo is almost refunded on its first relaunch day so far, and the relaunch improves several things. On BGG you can vote for the board art you like best for the second side, as it is now to be two sided with different art on each (no game play impact). You can also get add ons now, including 3D pyramids!
Whatever happened here? Why was it cancelled? I dug through BGG and the Kickstarter page, but couldn't find any good answers.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old October 2nd, 2018, 10:20 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I was only following from very far away, because of my interest in the excellent @justjohn and not because I think I might actually pledge, but it looked like they wanted to overhaul the campaign. Add some things like add-ons for more backers, and a version without minis, and so on. Enough changes that it was beyond tweaking without restarting.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 3rd, 2018, 06:01 AM

Mezo is now refunded, which unlocks their first Stretch Goal. Although only 3 are listed, they promise more.
Old October 4th, 2018, 07:50 AM

I'm now backing Mezo, which is going great guns, and World of Mythology: King of the Hill, which is proceeding much slower, but looks like fun!

Currently I'm actually backing five Kickstarters, which is more than I ever have before (one should be delivered in two weeks or so, lowering me back down to four). The rest are all for 2019.

The other three are:

The Great War: French Army Expansion (due soon)
Alien Frontiers: Factions Definitive Edition
Red Alert: Space Fleet Warfare

World of Mythology features signature gods, heroes, guardians, monsters and artifacts from six world myth pantheons: Slavic (Ukrainian Publisher Jumparound), Hindu, Egyptian, Norse, Greek, and Mixed--Celtic, Mayan, Inuit, Yoruba, Chinese and Japanese. There's even Cthulhu! Its an individual hero quest rather than dudes on a map, featuring very colorful nicely realized components, and lots of minis, some of which are huge!
Old October 4th, 2018, 05:15 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

I am backing Gamelyn Games Tiny Epic Mech Kickstarter. Its arena combat in 3030 using programmed movement cards and ItemMeeples to carry the weapons that you have chosen to equip yourself with. It's got about 33 hours left at this point.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...he/description

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old October 17th, 2018, 04:31 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Has anybody checked out Tidal Blades: Heroes of the Reef? The game looks interesting and I haven't backed a Kickstarter in a fair while, so I am considering it.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old October 17th, 2018, 10:16 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Has anybody checked out Tidal Blades: Heroes of the Reef? The game looks interesting and I haven't backed a Kickstarter in a fair while, so I am considering it.
It does look good, but the problem is that there are lots of good games on Kickstarter this month. Along with Tidal Blades, I’m keeping an eye on the Spirit Island Expansion by Greater Than Games and Cloudspire by Chip Theory Games.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games