Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 15th, 2024, 10:18 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of Ewashia, Master of Tides

The Book of Ewashia, Master of Tides

Battle for the Wellspring - Age of Annihilation

Basic Side:
Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Renegade's Story Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Aquilla’s Wellspring-born power has allowed her to summon fantastic magical beings from across time and space to her side. The ferocious Ewashia is one such warrior, who hails from the Dryan world of Arboreas. To her great pleasure, the waters of Valhalla respond to her magic just as those of her homeworld once did.

Until recently, no-one was aware Aquilla had such accomplished wizards at her beck and call. Ewashia and her fellows have kept to themselves, studying quietly in the heart of the Moon Tribe’s mountains. But the time has come to reveal their true power. And Ewashia has been quietly eager to try her newest spells in real combat.

Quote:
COMMAND FAMILIAR
After revealing an Order Marker on Ewashia, Master of Tides, before taking Ewashia's turn, you may take a turn with a Small or Medium Beast you control.

TWISTER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 4.
Ewashia may use Twister Special Attack if she is within 1 space of a water space. Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose up to 2 spaces in a straight line from the targeted figure. All figures on those spaces are also affected by Twister Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Ewashia is not affected by Twister Special Attack.

AEGIS OF THE RIVER
Ewashia does not have to stop her movement when entering a water space. Add 1 to Ewashia'a Defense value while she is on a water space.

CREATE WATER
Ewashia starts each game with 3 water tiles on this Army Card. At the end of Ewashia's turn, you may place a water tile from this Army Card on Ewashia's space or within one space of Ewashia, if the water tile fits normally onto that space.

A: Water tiles may be placed on any empty land space. Ewashia may not place a Water tile on a Swamp Water, Ice, Molten Lava, Shadow, or Wellspring Water Tile. She may also not place a Water tile over a Glyph as the space is not empty.

Synergy Benefits Received
N/A
Synergy Benefits Offered
Command Familiar: Small or Medium Beasts
- Kita the Springrunner
- Onshu the Welkineye
Create Water: Units That Derive Advantages From Water Tiles
- Greater Ice Elemental
- Marro Warriors
- Microcorp Agents
- Sahuagin Raider
- Water Elemental
C3V & SoV Synergies:
Spoiler Alert!

Haslab 2022 Age of Annihilation Synergies:
Spoiler Alert!

Unit Strategy Review
- TBD

Last edited by Blue Trails; March 16th, 2024 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Added water-based interactions to Synergy Benefits Offered and added Strack9's clarification to Rulings and Clarifications.
Old March 16th, 2024, 12:01 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Create Water, rules clarification

Someone asked me this and I took the answer from the Mika Connor Clarification section:
  • Q: What qualifies as "fits normally"? Can I put a water tile on molten lava?

A: Water tiles may be placed on any empty land space. Ewashia may not place a Water tile on a Swamp Water, Ice, Molten Lava, Shadow, or Wellspring Water Tile. She may also not place a shadow tile over a Glyph as the space is not empty.

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs

Last edited by Strack9; March 16th, 2024 at 06:18 AM. Reason: added Wellspring Water Tile to the list
Old March 16th, 2024, 01:25 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Ewashia, Master of Tides

Anti-synergy: Greater Ice Elemental can freeze her new water tiles, shut down her Twister attack, and remove her defense boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old March 16th, 2024, 09:35 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I adapted @Strack9 's clarification to the OP, but I think that the GIE's ability to freeze out Ewashia's powers (pun intended!) belongs in its own Book if we want to abide by the traditional "Synergies Received/Offered/Imposed" format used in classic Books.

Also, I added a list of water-appreciating units to the "Synergy Benefits Offered" section.
Old March 17th, 2024, 05:51 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
I adapted @Strack9 's clarification to the OP, but I think that the GIE's ability to freeze out Ewashia's powers (pun intended!) belongs in its own Book if we want to abide by the traditional "Synergies Received/Offered/Imposed" format used in classic Books.

Also, I added a list of water-appreciating units to the "Synergy Benefits Offered" section.
Some books (like the Fire Elemental) list negative synergies, and I think GIE's reaction to Ewashia might fall into the category.
Old March 18th, 2024, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post

Some books (like the Fire Elemental) list negative synergies, and I think GIE's reaction to Ewashia might fall into the category.
That's true, but the difference I see here is that units like the Fire Elemental have special powers that directly penalize them under certain circumstances. In contrast, Ewashia isn't directly affected by the presence of ice, and Ice Cold doesn't explicitly hinder any figure; instead, its primary effect is to change water tiles to ice tiles, which deactivates special powers like Ewashia's as a side effect.

I guess you could argue that the list of units that benefit from water could be excluded from the Book on similar grounds, but I think it has merit as an army-building aid.
Old March 18th, 2024, 09:42 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's fair. I rescind my recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old March 22nd, 2024, 10:34 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Yep, said it before, i'll say it again, Ewashia has the most potential for any Hero in AoA. For 115 points, it's ridiculous what she's capable of. Played strategically, she should always be able to earn her points barring a god awful defense roll. Taxi her to height with Theracus, start makin' it rain, and boom, you have a sturdy little hero who can become a nightmare for melee units. (Not to mention she'll finally be able to make my Microcorps agents a living hell on height too! Hehehe....)

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units