Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old March 25th, 2010, 04:52 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of the Water Elemental

The Book of the Water Elemental
Champions of the Forgotten Realms – Collection D1 – "Fury of the Primordials"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check the Heroscapers Gallery for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio : TBA

A. Yes. Swamp Water is Water
(even though "Death Knights" are not "Knights" and a "half-elf" is not an "elf"--go figure. It's almost as if someone is just making these rules up).

Synergy Benefits Received
Kurrok the Elementalist : Summon Elemental:
As an elemental, the Water Elemental may be revived by Kurrok's SUMMON ELEMENTALS resurrection synergy.

Kurrok the Elementalist
: Master of the Elements:
As an elemental, the Water Elemental may benefit from Kurrok's MASTER OF THE ELEMENTS activation synergy.

Synergy Benefits Offered
NA

Terrain Benefits and Penalties Received
WATER TILES: Water Mastery
+1 Attack, +1 Defense

WATER TILES: Water Tunnel
Place the Water Elemental on any empty Water Space within 5 Spaces

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Water Elemental Pre-Release Discussion

Elemental Poll

Kurrok the Elementalist rampant speculation thread

D1 army ideas

Power Ranking and Master Index
At least they've got range. C+ (Jexik)
Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

Last edited by spiteofthedice; December 28th, 2010 at 12:52 AM. Reason: It was a Swamp Thing
Old March 28th, 2010, 04:57 PM

chispito is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of the Water Elemental

After theoryscaping, I think that even though most water spaces are lower than average, for the purposes of attacking it is still a net gain to lose the elevation and take the water space, since it would give the attacker a 50% chance of one more skull versus the defender's 33% of one more shield. Against a defender who would have height advantage either way, it's a no-brainer.

Of course, the opposite is true as well--parking your WE on a lower water tile is less beneficial when defending against normal attacks than placing him on a same-level land space. I love these terrain-based powers! Now all we need is more lava and ice tiles to be released.
Old March 28th, 2010, 06:45 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I just played a couple of games with him today. He is an icredible unit, just keep im on water. He moves around disengaging and attacking as the only elemental with range. He's really worth his 30 points.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 9th, 2010, 02:25 AM

Looking East knows what's in an order marker Looking East knows what's in an order marker

I think this little guy is oft overlooked for some of the other flashier elementals, but it is actually a very solid unit even without Kurok.

I recently drafted a few of them on a board that made heavy use of water in its design just to play around and they performed admirably.

The water elementals are exceptional guerrilla fighters and can pose a threat at up to 14 space if placed properly on a board with prominent water features. I was able to hit my opponent the first couple of times without him even realizing he had stepped into range at half a board away. With 4 attack they often take out even a pretty high defense squad unit with that first hit and the 5 defense and water tunneling kept them alive for a lot longer than I thought they would last. I would strike at isolated figures on one flank and then after my opponent would angrily chase me with the next OM I would move and water tunnel out of danger to attack another straggler somewhere else. With the right terrain, they are quite difficult to chase down and kill. I was actually able to kill more than their points worth and it was a lot of fun playing with them.
Old April 9th, 2010, 09:47 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

I think water elementals are the best.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old April 9th, 2010, 10:11 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

I have to agree. The WE is, IMO, the best Elemental without Kurrok. He also has the coolest sculpt.

I'm not sure where he'll be once Kurrok comes out. The fire/air seem better choices if you can move several.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old May 21st, 2010, 09:03 PM

spongewyatt is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport351 View Post
I have to agree. The WE is, IMO, the best Elemental without Kurrok. He also has the coolest sculpt.

I'm not sure where he'll be once Kurrok comes out. The fire/air seem better choices if you can move several.
I concur. Water element definitely has the most awesome sculpt ever. He also works well without the assistance of Kurrok. However, when he does get released, I think he could still do well. Think of them as being better stingers.

My Custom:Units---Maps

Old May 21st, 2010, 09:43 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

I love this little guy. I use him for most of my filler points. He really is worth the measly 30 pts.
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:16 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongewyatt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport351 View Post

I concur. Water element definitely has the most awesome sculpt ever. He also works well without the assistance of Kurrok. However, when he does get released, I think he could still do well. Think of them as being better stingers.
I absouloubtly hate the water elementals stats and sculpt.
(however I have yet to use him)
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:37 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

I just recently played a game with a newb friend of mine. He drafted the water elemental to his army, and I stayed with a mostly drow themed army. Even though he had 1 water elemental and I was underestimating him because of his lack of experience with the game, his water elemental was able to hold strong while standing on a water space and took down 3/6 of my deepwyrm drow. regardless of the setback, I was able to win when I let loose the Fen Hydra.
Old June 25th, 2010, 02:15 PM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker

Can the Water Elemental still use Water Tunnel if it doesn't move? Example: Your engaged so you move 0, can you still use Water Tunnel?
Old June 25th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Blood View Post
Can the Water Elemental still use Water Tunnel if it doesn't move? Example: Your engaged so you move 0, can you still use Water Tunnel?
Sure.

~Aldin, briefly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units