Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old July 10th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Got some gaming in early in with the wife and some later in the evening with Tiny Timmy.

Dominion - My wife won...again... (sigh)

Yggdrasil - We lost. Jormungand (the serpent dude) got all the way to Odin's Lair. We only had 4 cards left too!!

Dragon Dice - The Amazons took it hardcore to the Firewalkers. Of course it helped the Tiny was attacking in melee with his magicians...

HeroScape - I FREAKIN HATE REDCOATS!!!!!!! How does 8 redcoats (and minimally Marcus) kill Q10 and 6 squads of dividers?!! (The other 3 Dividers took out Parmenio and 3 squads of SB).

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 10th, 2011, 03:13 AM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
HeroScape - I FREAKIN HATE REDCOATS!!!!!!! How does 8 redcoats (and minimally Marcus) kill Q10 and 6 squads of dividers?!! (The other 3 Dividers took out Parmenio and 3 squads of SB).
Dividers? They should have called them Subtractors!

Anyone? Is this thing on?

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old July 10th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Quote:
Dividers? They should have called them Subtractors!

Anyone? Is this thing on?
Redcoats Rock, Redcoats Rock, Redcoats Rock

I love me some 10th Reg.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 10th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Played Carcassonne a couple times recently, notably including both kids wanting to play the same game at the same time. That's a high recommendation, right there.

I think I need to take the foot of the gas, though, & keep the games a little closer if this is going to last...

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 10th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Played Carcassonne a couple times recently, notably including both kids wanting to play the same game at the same time. That's a high recommendation, right there.

I think I need to take the foot of the gas, though, & keep the games a little closer if this is going to last...
Yeah, it's a great thing when the kids agree to play the same game. I don't have Carcassonne yet, but maybe down the road. And yeah, it's nice to keep the games close if you can. I've found that if it's close, I can tell the kids that they were very close to winning or had this happened, they could have easily won. When one of them wins, I can console the other in a similar manner or remind them of when they won a different game not so long ago. It's nice when the winning gets spread around.

Speaking of not winning, I got my butt handed to me in 4 solo games of Thunderstone this morning. It's rough when some big boppers come out early when you have nothing to take them on with and then when you do get to kill some lighter weight monsters, they clog up my hand at the worst opportunity. I didn't really care though as I was trying to configure a pre-set setup list to bring to game night. During the four games I tweaked various cards and tried to make it pretty interactive with monster, village and hero cards that can affect other players. There's also a good balance of use for the 4 different heroes and village cards depending on the direction you choose to take. I look forward to having the group try it out.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 10th, 2011, 10:51 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I've lost my gaming buddy for a week. Dropped the little guy off at my parents house today, he's off to Red Sox camp all this week.

Maybe a good week to finally learn Panzer General.

-insert signature here-
Old July 10th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Played Descent (RtL) for 5 1/2 hours today. I earned 43 XP to the heroes 24 XP. I've played the campaign about 12 times now and it seems that the OL gets XP much faster than the heroes. Does anybody else experience this? I'm the Spider Queen and I have trapmaster out as a power card so my traps just devastate the heroes.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:37 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Solo Defenders of the Realm x4 last night.

Still haven't won but I've never allowed a general into Monarch City. Before it was too many tainted lands and now its the stinking orcs that are killing me (they breed like rabbits).

Last night I killed off three of the generals and was headed for Balhazar when the orcs populated the board and won the game.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old July 11th, 2011, 08:11 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

I got to try out Omen: Reign of War and played two games this weekend. I won the first game with the scores at 20 to 18 and my girlfriend won the second game with the scores at 12 to 6. Here's my review of the game...

In Omen you are trying to score points by controlling cities for reward cards and completing feats. You gain units along the way and spend your coins to play your units to try and achieve both goals through the use of combat and special abilities.

The thing that I really enjoyed about this game is the amount of depth in strategy and how you can combo certain cards together. At first you may not realize this right away, but as you play more turns you begin to realize that there is a lot more strategy involved and you will become more successful when you start playing with it in mind.

For instance, Beasts are very strong and have high strength and a rather powerful ability, but you can only use one or the other. When you pay the cost of the beast, you either play it in a city to fight your opponent with its high strength, or you discard it to use its ability. At first I thought the beasts would be more valuable controlling cities, but as I held off on using my beasts to save for the cities, I realized I held two beasts with very crippling abilities as a combo. I used them as such with one ability forcing my opponent to discard all her cards in her hand, and the other forcing her to discard all her coins. Her "are you kidding me?" look said it all as I left her with nothing to begin her turn.

Planning ahead I found is also very beneficial because it can prevent potential mistakes that you may make, and if you make a mistake, you'll certainly feel it when your oppponent capitalizes on it. I learned this the hard way in our second game.

The artwork on the cards are really good and I was very impressed with how the game was packaged. The game is very easy to learn, quick to setup and fast to play. Our first (learning game) took a little over an hour, but our second game finished in about 35 minutes. This is certainly a game we'll play often and I find that the game will get even more interesting as we start to figure out certain combos with cards and with how we play them strategically.

I definitely recommend this game to anyone and I have to thank 1Mmirg for bringing this game to my attention.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old July 11th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Hey B:T:L Matt, if you want to read about games, both old and new, check out my site:
www.superflycircus.blogspot.com

Sign up as a follower and you get entered in quarterly prize drawings. In fact, Omen was one of the games given away last time.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 11th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Played Descent (RtL) for 5 1/2 hours today. I earned 43 XP to the heroes 24 XP. I've played the campaign about 12 times now and it seems that the OL gets XP much faster than the heroes. Does anybody else experience this? I'm the Spider Queen and I have trapmaster out as a power card so my traps just devastate the heroes.
That sounds about right. I have started RTL 2 times, but never finished one. The first time the OL was getting XP very fast and we fell too far behind. The second time the OL was getting spanked, but we had an excellent combo of heroes/skills/items.
Old July 11th, 2011, 09:01 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Hey B:T:L Matt, if you want to read about games, both old and new, check out my site:
www.superflycircus.blogspot.com

Sign up as a follower and you get entered in quarterly prize drawings. In fact, Omen was one of the games given away last time.
I'll definitely check it out... Thanks for the heads up!

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games