Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Should we open our 1st printing/edition Knights or not?
Yes, rip 'em open...that way mine will be worth more later! 7 17.07%
Yes, you might as well since they won't be worth anything as a "sealed" collectable. 24 58.54%
No, save them...they will pay for a year of college for your kid! 6 14.63%
I have no idea what you are talking about! 4 9.76%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 17th, 2008, 09:44 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!
Finally got Wave 7 Knights, but a question...

...should I open them? Being the first print with the Einar mistake on the card, should I save this one & wait for the re-issue which is supposedly coming soon...?

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old March 17th, 2008, 09:54 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
I highly doubt the 'error card' will be worth anything, especially since HS isn't a collectible game. Were they to discontinue the Templars then maybe, but since there is no plan to discontinue any sets I see no reason not to open them.

I definitely consider myself a collector and I've never blinked an eye at whether I should open the Templars or not.

-insert signature here-
Old March 17th, 2008, 10:28 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
I highly doubt the 'error card' will be worth anything, especially since HS isn't a collectible game. Were they to discontinue the Templars then maybe, but since there is no plan to discontinue any sets I see no reason not to open them.

I definitely consider myself a collector and I've never blinked an eye at whether I should open the Templars or not.

Agreed.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old March 17th, 2008, 10:53 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
If I were you I would sell them on eBay...you waitied this long so you might as well turn that 1 pack into the value of 3 or 4 packs and then when they are all over the place in a couple of months you can stock up.
Old March 17th, 2008, 10:54 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!
Thanks for the input! But I want to see who voted "No" & "I don't know..."

Carney's Trade List
Old March 17th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
If I were you I would sell them on eBay...you waitied this long so you might as well turn that 1 pack into the value of 3 or 4 packs and then when they are all over the place in a couple of months you can stock up.
Agreed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heroscape-Knight...QQcmdZViewItem

As of this posting, $49.00 w/5.99 Shipping (8 Bids)

Make the desperate PAY!

Unless of course you paid an ungodly amount for them in the first place. In which case, you might as well open them up.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:28 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Agreed. Unless you paid a high price for them yourself, turn them around for a quick buck before the wave starts hitting shelves again and the prices drop.
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:
Agreed. Unless you paid a high price for them yourself, turn them around for a quick buck before the wave starts hitting shelves again and the prices drop.
Sure. According to this thread, Hasbro's toy shop might start stocking them soon and burst the eBay bubble. Sell 'em while you can, then buy new ones cheap when they're flooding us later!
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:34 PM

They were a gift, but I know they had to be ordered from the UK...so with shipping & the weak USD$ one pack was probably 20 - 25 bucks. Amazing that they are going for $50 or more on ebay...I would never pay that much, but that is tempting...

Carney's Trade List
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:55 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival Man
Thanks for the input! But I want to see who voted "I don't know..."
That was me. I actually do have no idea. I never heard anything about a misprint card, or the knights, or anything...not that I ever really took the time to pay any attention to the new expansion sets news, but still....

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old March 18th, 2008, 12:51 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The card misprint was the Einar symbol instead of the proper Jandar symbol, plus a little color weirdness around the point value.
Old March 18th, 2008, 01:26 AM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
I must ask myself. Who are these idiots on eBay spending $50+ on 1 pack?
(I'm sure at least 5 of them are on this site. )

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion