Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old March 15th, 2024, 07:33 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

I’m here for a good long time and whatever Renegade or Hasbro or whoever else does won’t really impact that. If needing official product was a requirement for me, I’d have been gone when Reinforcements (didn’t) Arrive.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 15th, 2024, 10:15 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Lol! And the only reason why I haven't delved into the custom Joes here on Sacpers is because I don't need to go down another rabbit hole of mini buying. C3V/SoV keeps me busy enough in that respect.

One contained box, I'm in!

-insert signature here-
Old March 15th, 2024, 10:36 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I just wish japes and I had been able to convince the other admins. Maybe a groundswell of public support would do it?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 15th, 2024, 02:07 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I just wish japes and I had been able to convince the other admins. Maybe a groundswell of public support would do it?
I HAD TO PAY FOR THE PRIVILEGE DARNITALL.
(Do not take this seriously, the Report button exists for true rulebreaking, I'm okay with neg rep going away).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old March 15th, 2024, 02:10 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Any minor concerns can also be addressed via PM, no need for the anonymity. All it does is allow for nasty comments that are hidden. (Yes, I received some as a kid way back and it really sucks). All it does is encourage bullying.
Old March 15th, 2024, 10:39 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Doesn't seem to serve a purpose except to leave an anonymous jab. At which point... just keep it to yourself? Not really a functional thing imo (neg rep that is).
Old March 15th, 2024, 12:11 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Maybe I should place a disclaimer over my posts about the underlying respect I have for everyone here, and that I have learned not to take anything personally. And that folks' reactions to any of my posts says more about them than about me. Of course, if 20-30 folks have a problem . . .

That being said:

I do not consider a declaration of independence disrespectful. The English may not agree. That my expectations are low does not mean I hope Renegade fails. I am merely extra grateful for what we have.

P.S.: Just read Just_a_Bill's post above (Ninja'd?). Anyways, he makes a cogent argument for uniformity of size and font. My wife encourages me to be considerate so, if only Just for Bill, . . .
Old March 15th, 2024, 12:20 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
My wife encourages me to be considerate so, if only Just for Bill, . . .
Oh man, don't do it just for me. I can't take the pressure!

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old March 15th, 2024, 10:45 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

On a more positive note, I think I just gave Hogg their robes.
Old March 15th, 2024, 01:56 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

If you go back to the original documents from antiquity -- AFAIK all major philosophies and religions have this rule -- neg rep was supposed to be reserved only for the barbarians who install toilet paper on the roll backwards. In some cultures, there was a later amendment to include people who try to keep other people from enjoying pineapple on their pizza.

On a more useful note, I agree with you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvaris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm on the record as wanting to end neg rep on the site...
... the internet has shifted massively since then in how "civil" discussion is handled, so removing it might be a good idea.
If anonymous negging was of any value in a Heroscape forum, it would be on Reddit. :shudder:

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old March 15th, 2024, 03:23 PM

Okay, so having found much better pricing at the online retailers, today I started thinking maybe I should take the plunge. Maybe I was just put off by a couple of details I ran into early, and there's some really good Heroscape story waiting for me. So I dove back in and checked out some more details on the figures.

The Frostclaw Paladins have a very cool concept and look -- possibly my favorites among these new offerings -- so I started there. Their planet name is trying to be clever but falls flat (how interesting that on your planet, you sleep at night). Okay, whatever, some things just gonna be dorky. Their class should be KNIGHTS, not KNIGHT, but again, whatever. I'm wondering why they bond with only Champions and not Knights, but probably there's a gameplay reason that isn't immediately obvious to me. This leads to their boss...

Knight Irene. Irene? You've got to be kidding me. What a terrible name for an alien bear from another planet. It doesn't even fit the Heroscape naming cadences. Worse, she doesn't actually have the class of KNIGHT. Great, another example of a character who, for anyone with half a brain, obviously has a certain role, but doesn't actually count as that role for gameplay. What could possibly be the benefit of purposely making the game counter-intuitive? It's baffling. Are they trying to make sure we can see that they don't understand Heroscape? Because it seems like they don't understand Heroscape.

Next was Admiral EJ-1M, a Soulborg jammed into a pirate costume, complete with cape! And a bunch of lore about his feelings. Vydar Soulborgs have army ranks, but this one is navy. I guess he commands a fleet of ships we aren't told about? Or he is so proud of being a pirate (but not really a pirate) now, that he changed his name? Never until now have Soulborgs been so flamboyant and dorky and confused about their rank, all at the same time. Anyway, it also seems that the pirate terminology hierarchy has already broken down. Bok-Bur-Na deals with the fact that Captains are Pirates but don't actually count as Pirates by saying "a Captain or Pirate you control" -- but I guess he was so busy thinking about how terribly he misses his family that he forgot about Admirals also being faux Pirates. Already this production team is showing us the fragility of this unstable terminology house of cards.

These figures might (even probably) have great gameplay, but thematically it's hard not to see some of them as a joke.

Didn't get any farther after that. Pirates that aren't actually pirates, a knight that isn't a knight, a Marro and a Soulborg who have squishy feelings and are nothing like the rest of their species... damn, why has the Age of Annihilation gone out of its way to make it SO HARD to want to own this mess? (I guess it meant the annihilation of what Scape once was.) Now I feel stupid for giving it another chance.

Old March 16th, 2024, 01:13 PM

Toa Matoro knows what's in an order marker Toa Matoro knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaBill
Next was Admiral EJ-1M, a Soulborg jammed into a pirate costume, complete with cape! And a bunch of lore about his feelings.
I mean, in reference to feelings, Q-10 was a merciful soulborg, and a big part of the lore was just that, his feelings. I believe, (and I may be wrong), that the idea of souldborgs is that they are robot shells imbued with souls...

Of course, anyone is entitled to their opinions, but my opinion is that ej-1m is awesome so I feel the need to stand up for him. Mostly it just seems like some of the complaints have been part of heroscape from the beginning. At the end of the day, heroscape has always been kind of... silly? So while I can understand things like some of the pirate lore being a bit goofy, I guess I just feel like a bunch of Nordic mythological creatures on another planet summoning robots and aliens and cowboys and elves is bound to be...

Good trades with: Warbeast; WarriorPreist; Just_A_Bill; Boromir96; Joecar

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News