Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old September 2nd, 2023, 11:13 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Welcome to C3G SuperScape!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Should we just delete the defunct stuff since it's from 1.0, or leave it in the spoiler?
This is all a copy right. If the original still exists in the legacy area...no reason to spoiler it here. Just delete it.
Yup, done
Old September 4th, 2023, 12:44 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

As promised, here's a quick overview of all the stuff to like about C3G 2.0:

Name & Identity. This (along with other things) may have been part of C3G 1.0 and not new to 2.0, but it’s still an excellent idea given the wild history of comic books.

Faction, Synergy Tags, Publisher, and Keywords. These all create hooks that really open up design space and allow you to get appropriately creative and specific with abilities. I especially like that Factions seem to be limited to one per card, as this would be an area to bloat easily. If I could do without one, it would probably be Publisher, as that seems more like a “meta” tag, but I’m sure you can find some fun things to do with it. Keywords are a great and pretty much necessary way to expand the usual Synergy Tags.

Round and turn breakdown. There are a lot of steps, but this clarifies some things that original Heroscape wording was lacking, as well as allowing really fine-tuning abilities and their timing. I won’t go too far into specifics, but Actions within Phases within Activations within Turns gives a clear, if long, picture of exactly when everything takes place.

Falling damage. On the one hand it may seem a little strange for an extremely huge figure to take falling damage from moving down 10 levels, on the other hand the simplification of removing a step of math really helps things along. This simplification where possible is a great theme throughout 2.0. I also like that figures hit terminal velocity after 40 levels.

Multi-based figures. Still seem relatively impractical without building maps very carefully, but I applaud the effort to make them possible given how many things in comics can probably qualify.

Transition Phase. Further improvement of the definition of “after moving and before attacking”.

Aiming. Using any part of the figure for both the attacker and the defender frees the cards from having to include a hit zone area. Coupled with the obstruction rules, this means that more shots will be taken but there are also more defense dice to be had, which balances out. I also like the cylinder rules. Sculpt agnosticism makes sense given the variety available and saves the trouble of attempting to confirm availability. Although arguably difficult to visualize perfectly, I would actually kind of like this as a default rule (always using the cylinder to determine aiming, regardless of sculpt).

Symbols. Not only is this a great idea for some of the more common abilities, the absolutely simplicity of all of them (give or take Flying; it has always been wordy but intuitive) is a nice touch. My one small criticism is that Magical Affinity is more of an inverse ability, though I have always liked the representation theme. Resistance and Weakness symbols are also great. Typing for damage opens up a lot of design space, and again does so with excellent theme.

Destructible Objects. This is another great example of simplifying things to elevate the whole. The classifications are easy to remember and let you get right into the action without bogging things down. Likewise, the Throw SA stats nicely mirror the Defense numbers and have memorable Ranges (small caveat for Small DOs thrown by non-SS figures, but I doubt I could throw a mailbox more than 2). I won’t go into detail on a lot of the other specifics, but I like all the rules for entering, occupying, controlling, and moving DOs as well as their cover rules. They really allow for a lot of dynamic, thematic play.

Hazards, Resources, and Items. Not to different from Glyphs of the past, having stuff around the battlefield (in addition to DOs) to collect and fight over is great for scenarios and just plain fun.

Terrain Types. I like the idea of typing terrain, like attacks, to open up thematic design space. Plus it’s cool that a few of them interact with Symbol abilities by default. Again, not going to go into too much detail, but I like what interiors and all the various ways to interact there (Transit, Elevators, Stairways, and Windows) add to the game. Turbo Lifts, adding/removing terrain, and separate, extension, interior, and connective maps all also expand the possibilities and fun factor.

One Shots & Story Cards. I like the theme that these can bring to the game. Just by the few examples given, it’s clear that they really create comic book moments.

Overall there is a lot to like about C3G 2.0! It definitely makes me want to go back and view my own customs through this lens. Well done to all involved.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 4th, 2023, 12:48 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

And the (less fun) editing notes:

Page 3:
Spoiler Alert!

Page 4:
Spoiler Alert!

Page 5:
Spoiler Alert!

Page 6:
Spoiler Alert!

Page 7:
Spoiler Alert!

Page 8:
Spoiler Alert!

Page 9:
Spoiler Alert!

Page 10:
Spoiler Alert!

Page 11:
Spoiler Alert!

Page 12:
Spoiler Alert!

Page 13:
Spoiler Alert!

Page 14:
Spoiler Alert!

Page 16:
Spoiler Alert!

Page 19:
Spoiler Alert!

Page 21:
Spoiler Alert!

Page 22:
Spoiler Alert!

Page 24:
Spoiler Alert!

Page 25:
Spoiler Alert!

Page 26:
Spoiler Alert!

No comments on the Glossary, as I haven’t read through that.

General:
Spoiler Alert!

Card layout thoughts:
Spoiler Alert!

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 4th, 2023, 01:31 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks Necro!
Old September 4th, 2023, 02:09 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Some of the questions you asked/suggestions made, were debated internally and advocated for/against by some. In the end votes were held and things ended up the way they are.
Old September 4th, 2023, 03:12 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
As promised, here's a quick overview of all the stuff to like about C3G 2.0:
First, Thank you for taking the time to delve in to those depths and then type all of that out. It means a lot truly.

Glad to see someone else liked the Cylinder rules. Most of our events were with Elementary School and Middle School kids as my son grew up so we have used the Cylinder rules for ages. Personally I even have smaller bases for Small/tiny figures and Larger bases for above Medium for quick reference when a figure can throw something but is limited on size. Makes smaller figures have smaller "hitzones" but also smaller vision to hit other things. We've always felt it was a nice trade off for simplicity.

I've always maintained the Heroscape as a basic system is simple so it's a great game. With the complexity that C3G cards can get to in some of the more advanced teams it was good for our group to simplify a lot of the root things such as the Throwing, Falling, DO's, etc. And the Obstruction rules meant that we could eliminate a lot of table clutter with cards for every little thing. Simplify root elements so the cards can shine. No need to invent a power so you can put a box on the map.

I'll comb through the edit suggestions when I get more time, but wanted to thank you again for your kind words.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 4th, 2023, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Some of the questions you asked/suggestions made, were debated internally and advocated for/against by some. In the end votes were held and things ended up the way they are.
I can't imagine things got this far without lots of discussion. I just wanted to offer an outside perspective, with no illusion about whether or not any changes will or even need to be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
First, Thank you for taking the time to delve in to those depths and then type all of that out. It means a lot truly.

Glad to see someone else liked the Cylinder rules. Most of our events were with Elementary School and Middle School kids as my son grew up so we have used the Cylinder rules for ages. Personally I even have smaller bases for Small/tiny figures and Larger bases for above Medium for quick reference when a figure can throw something but is limited on size. Makes smaller figures have smaller "hitzones" but also smaller vision to hit other things. We've always felt it was a nice trade off for simplicity.

I've always maintained the Heroscape as a basic system is simple so it's a great game. With the complexity that C3G cards can get to in some of the more advanced teams it was good for our group to simplify a lot of the root things such as the Throwing, Falling, DO's, etc. And the Obstruction rules meant that we could eliminate a lot of table clutter with cards for every little thing. Simplify root elements so the cards can shine. No need to invent a power so you can put a box on the map.

I'll comb through the edit suggestions when I get more time, but wanted to thank you again for your kind words.
That's cool to hear about the cylinder rules. The praise of all the excellent choices of the 2.0 system is definitely the more important post of the two!

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 1st, 2023, 08:56 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Some quick membership updates for y'all: @Ericth74 has stepped back to Legend ( on a job well done as a Hero!) and @Arch-vile has stepped up as a Hero again to fill the void.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 1st, 2023, 12:28 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks Eric!!
Welcome back Arch!
Old November 1st, 2023, 12:40 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Maybe now we will see some more maps... enjoy your retirement Eric!

...welcome back to herodom Arhie, the conversion king!
Old November 1st, 2023, 09:52 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

2.0 ?!?!?!

Wow, you can't color my superhero tights by accidentally mixing them in with the regular laundry but you can sure color me impressed.

Nice work everyone.
Old November 2nd, 2023, 06:15 AM

Thanks Matt!
It has been a long process but worth it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape