Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old April 25th, 2007, 09:44 AM

TartanDoc has disabled reputation
Another Scaper in the Triangle

Hi all,
Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I'm a long time lurker/collector (I have 1 of just about everything, and a few duplicate squads) and wanted to get in the loop on any events in the area. I love miniature wargames, but rarely can find an opponent. Ofcourse I'm about to start a residency, so free time will be at a premium, but I wanted to get onboard none-the-less. Hope to meet some of you soon!

TD
Old April 25th, 2007, 10:15 AM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
Hey TartanDoc. I am currently looking at jobs in the Raleigh area. If I move over there I would definitely be down for playing some HS with you. Good luck finding some opponents soon.
Old April 25th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, TartanDoc!

On behalf of our timeless and Davinci-esque community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the friendship, acclaim and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, more a player than a collector

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 25th, 2007, 09:36 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Another Scaper in the Triangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TartanDoc
Hi all,
Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I'm a long time lurker/collector (I have 1 of just about everything, and a few duplicate squads) and wanted to get in the loop on any events in the area. I love miniature wargames, but rarely can find an opponent. Ofcourse I'm about to start a residency, so free time will be at a premium, but I wanted to get onboard none-the-less. Hope to meet some of you soon!

TD
TartanDoc, seems like things here in NC have slowed down in recent months....for awhile there was some monthly gaming going on with some people from Raleigh and G'boro, but as far as I can tell that has ceased.

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old May 4th, 2007, 09:29 AM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
I don't know if any of you NC guys get over to High Point that often, but I was just at the Walmart off of East Hartley Rd and Business 311 and the had two 1st edition mastersets. I couldn't find the number that's supposed to tell if they were sparkly water or not, though.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 10:01 PM

nonexistantnonexister has disabled reputation
im in charrlotte and am a scaper kid extrordinaire, im a custom tiler, rusher, user of few sets, master of the world of low allowance

Old June 26th, 2007, 10:51 PM

reluctant has disabled reputation
I thought I'd jump in and say Hi. I just started playing last week. I only have a master set and have only played 4 games, but my wife is sick of it already I would be interesting in playing with others in the area so long as they were patient with my n00bishness.

reluctant
Old June 28th, 2007, 04:13 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by reluctant
I thought I'd jump in and say Hi. I just started playing last week. I only have a master set and have only played 4 games, but my wife is sick of it already I would be interesting in playing with others in the area so long as their were patient with my n00bishness.

reluctant
Welcome. If you have read this thread you will see that HS group play action has dried up in this area.

Perhaps we need a n00b to spark us "old timers"?

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old June 28th, 2007, 07:05 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
I would be up for it if i was still in college living in raleigh. Sorry Reluctant
Old July 1st, 2007, 02:23 PM

theats has disabled reputation
Mooresville NC. I would love to go to a tourney, and loose the "undefeated" tittle, but my tittle, to say the least, is somewhat limited, I mean, i don't play with ordermarkers, I never had. So, I guess I could go and play a "real" game. Im used to 1000 point teams and whatnot though.

Theophilus.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 12:03 PM

piratepwnsninja has disabled reputation
I'm new to the game. Just started it over the weekend, teaching my six year old son the basic rules. I've technically had the game since it came out at Gencon years ago, but never played until now.

Went on a spending binge, bought a new 2nd edition Master Set, 2 castle sets, two forest bridge sets, the ice tiles set, the lava tiles set, all the big character expansions, and all of wave 5 and 6. Heh. Oh, and I ordered a flag bearer from TRU.com and preordered the Marvel set. I really wish I had gotten into the game sooner than now, but I really see the wife, son and I having a lot of fun with it.

We are in Cary, NC near the Cary/Apex border. There is a game store called All Fun & Games that was over on Waverly Place in Cary but recently moved to Apex. They are about 5 minutes from me.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 01:32 PM

theats has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratepwnsninja
I'm new to the game. Just started it over the weekend, teaching my six year old son the basic rules. I've technically had the game since it came out at Gencon years ago, but never played until now.

Went on a spending binge, bought a new 2nd edition Master Set, 2 castle sets, two forest bridge sets, the ice tiles set, the lava tiles set, all the big character expansions, and all of wave 5 and 6. Heh. Oh, and I ordered a flag bearer from TRU.com and preordered the Marvel set. I really wish I had gotten into the game sooner than now, but I really see the wife, son and I having a lot of fun with it.

We are in Cary, NC near the Cary/Apex border. There is a game store called All Fun & Games that was over on Waverly Place in Cary but recently moved to Apex. They are about 5 minutes from me.
were you affected by that apex chemical fire last year?

also, I believe a new thread for all ACTIVE northcarolinin players might be useful.

Theophilus.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers