Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old June 13th, 2023, 07:03 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

I've been playing Thunder Road: Vendetta about every weekend since I got it. Mainly played the main game, but have used the motorcycles and big rig a couple times. My non gamer wife pulled off a brutal unexpected move that removed all but 2 other vehicles with a new road tile being added. The last game my son narrowly lost to my youngest daughter when he needed to get at least one 3 on the big rig dice to win the game before my daughter moved one space to the finish line. Good game. Good times.
Old June 13th, 2023, 09:47 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Thunder Road is a classic! I once participated in an event for the original title that Grishnakh has decked out at a con. Great time.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 13th, 2023, 10:18 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Grishnakh's redo stuff is great; my favorite is his version of Battlemasters!
Old June 14th, 2023, 09:43 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I've had Dorf Romantik set up for a solo game for a few days and haven't had time to try it out. Fingers crossed for tonight!

-insert signature here-
Old June 18th, 2023, 12:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

We played Scarface 1920 again last night (3 player) and it was a lot of fun. One of my players is trying to see if we can pull together another game of it today. Learning a lot about the strategy of it all and eager to apply some lessons. Each 'gang' having very different strengths they want to play to makes is pretty interesting. I think all 4 gangs are perfectly capable of winning, just using different tactics/play styles in order to gain the upper hand.

Pro-tip of the day, if you play this game I think getting a new deal early is a smart move for all gangs. You need to generate alcohol and guns at a faster rate than what the starter deals provide on their own.
Old June 26th, 2023, 11:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Just updating my Scarface 1920 experience. We got in a 3rd game this past weekend and continue to enjoy it. We have come up with one change the 3 of us have agreed to try next time we play. The Associates don't cycle fast enough for us and we'd like to try and speed it up. So when each of us does a re-organization turn we are going to cycle the last card for a new one just like it's done when the News card changes. Then when the News card changes, we are going to replace all the face up Associate cards at once. It might be a few weeks before we get to try it out, but I'm hopeful it has no unforeseen impacts and just makes it easier to hire associates we need for our jobs.
Old June 26th, 2023, 11:55 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Fang and DC Comics Deck Builder

Old June 27th, 2023, 06:31 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Getting ready to use Pathfinder RPG 2e rules to do a little 2v2 arena battle a few nights from now. Should be interesting!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 28th, 2023, 08:37 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wasn't sure where to post this, but thought some Heroscape folks may be interested. It's a hex based and stackable gaming accessory for tokens, tiles, dice, etc. There is an STL download option available too.

https://www.hobbut.com/collections/thacko-hex
Old June 28th, 2023, 06:13 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Elder Sign scheduled for tomorrow.

Old July 2nd, 2023, 08:50 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Today I'll be going back to Firefly The Game (GF9), with my pal who is having some of his custom modules for this game published as part of the new 10th Anniversary Gamefound Offering, which still has a few days to run. If you don't have the game, this baby is a Big Box with everything ever published for it over the years (about 7 expansions, large and small), and a brand new one called Still Flying by this pal and another guy! Congratulations to him. He also designed some of the Stretch Goals in the offering. I wouldn't be suprised if he spices up our game with some of these new features he designed, so it will be an interesting adventure today, and I'll be one of the first to play them!

Firefly changed the hobby by raising the standard for Media Tie In Intellectual Property games, which no one thought much of back then. It offers a good game while being rich in the theme of the old TV show and movie (Serenity). There is also an option to buy just the new stuff with some special Bling. Supposedly the new stuff without the Bling will be available in retail afterwards.

Other media tie in games I'll be getting this Summer and Fall include The Last Kingdom, and Dune: War For Arrakis. See my thread on what games we'll be buying for some details, and check them out on BGG.

On Wednesday I'll be playing the first custom Heroscape scenario by Thrasher Darkrai for our group The New York City Gang of Four. This time around we'll be using Classic and Custom Scape, and even some cards from the failed Age of Annihilation offering by Anitar or Me, which I make available to our gang regularly, along with other elements of that offering such as terrain rules and the first scenario it included or foreshadowed. To follow our group experiences over the last 15 years or so right up to today, see my signature thread as usual.

Last edited by chas; July 2nd, 2023 at 09:05 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2023, 09:16 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've been playing Dominion: Plunder (with a few other sets). Its an incredibly good time. It is a true sequel to Seaside and Prosperity and has my strong recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games