Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 19th, 2022, 06:02 PM

EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

this is MUCH improved, and in a sense it's frustrating because numbers would be a lot stronger now had they actually made a proper Haslab page like this before we got nearly 4 weeks into the project.

Will it be enough to turn the tide? We shall see!
Old October 19th, 2022, 06:03 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

That is definitely an improvement.
Old October 19th, 2022, 06:19 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So much better, wish it had launched like this but still almost a month left.
Old October 19th, 2022, 06:23 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

The new page is way better. I still wish they had a small how-to-play infographic or a 3 minute how-to-play video in addition to the (quite wonderful) 40 minute playtest video.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 19th, 2022, 06:29 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

They could include some more pictures to scroll through in the main image as well. This Lando figure (3rd release of the exact same figure with different packaging) has 13 pictures, for example: https://hasbropulse.com/collections/...ndo-calrissian

And he is only 1 figure, not 71!

But it is much, much better.
Old October 19th, 2022, 06:34 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
They could include some more pictures to scroll through in the main image as well. This Lando figure (3rd release of the exact same figure with different packaging) has 13 pictures, for example: https://hasbropulse.com/collections/...ndo-calrissian

And he is only 1 figure, not 71!

But it is much, much better.
There is already a picture of each "army card" worth of figures if you scroll down long enough. But I agree, more pictures on the front panel would be good.

--
--
--

--
Old October 19th, 2022, 06:39 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mee likey View Post
I'm not sure who on the Avalon Hill team might see this, but I've seen Craig and members of the War Council pop into the forums occasionally . . . I know that most of us fans are just armchair quarterbacking at this point (only because we care ), but rather than pretend I know what I'm talking about, I'll instead just point to a guy who does actually know what he's talking about.

No single person has made more content about how to crowdfund board games successfully than Jamey Stegmaier (designer/publisher of Scythe, Viticulture, Charterstone, Euphoria, Tapestry).

His compendium page of all his lessons and insights from his many Kickstarters can be found here.
https://stonemaiergames.com/kickstarter/

And you may be thinking, surely the time to read lessons about how to run a successful board game crowdfunding campaign is not during the campaign.

Well, yes. It may be a little late to read Jamey's "45 Kickstarter Lessons to Read Before You Launch".

But he does have a blog post called "The Top 10 Ways to Address the Mid-Campaign Slump". Some ideas may not apply due to constraints, but there may be opportunities that were overlooked. We know y'all are workin' hard, and we appreciate it!
That is a great resource - I found the point on BGG advertising interesting. $700 bucks to be on the front page!
Old October 19th, 2022, 07:13 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Front page of BGG would certainly be a boon.

I love and greatly appreciate the updates to the campaign page. It looks much nicer and much more akin to industry standard crowdfunding pages now. That said, I gravely fear it's too little, too late.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old October 19th, 2022, 08:01 PM

Novelist432 has disabled reputation

As others have said, this is much better. I still maintain that painted versions of the figures somewhere on the page would help a lot. At this point, it's clear enough that the figures come unpainted that they could post painted pictures SOMEWHERE and not confuse people.

There are multiple benefits to doing this. First, they can show off the official color scheme. Second, we'll be able to see way more detail on the miniatures. And finally, they could slow drip releasing them to give people something to look for.
Old October 19th, 2022, 08:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Three backers and you already recoup that $700 for BGG front page. Surely a good post there would garner more than 3 backers.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 19th, 2022, 08:09 PM

That article was written in 2014. I would guess the price has gone up quite a bit since then.

That said, I hope they do it before the campaign ends.

--
--
--

--
Old October 20th, 2022, 01:35 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Does the “should trend” estimate on the op of this thread still accurately define the situation?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion