Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old April 24th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Gen Con 2013 - Recommendations for Non-Heroscape Events

Another good option is when looking through the event lists, keep an eye open for low experience required.
Many events are for beginners and they teach you the rules.
Also look through the seminars. The subject matter varies greatly and you may find one you do not want to miss.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 24th, 2013, 06:40 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Another good option is when looking through the event lists, keep an eye open for low experience required.
Many events are for beginners and they teach you the rules.
Also look through the seminars. The subject matter varies greatly and you may find one you do not want to miss.
Thanks. If Chris Perkins does a seminar I'm sure to be there. Anybody else follow him? If you don't watch this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmTINEnGwnc
Warning: Adult Language.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.

Last edited by greygnarl; April 24th, 2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old May 5th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Two weeks to Event registration!

We've gotten the approved Heroscape Event list, and the general event catalog should drop any time now!
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Double Post!

The Event list is now available. Unfortunately, you can only download it as a Excel spreadsheet with over 8,000 entries.

More importantly, you can now view events on the Gen Con page and search through the listing to add them to your cart.
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

A friend pointed me to this site as nice way to browse for events. Apparently he's been doing this for years. Looks like it works pretty well!

~xorlof, happy to have the Gencon event list distraction tonight

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old May 10th, 2013, 12:58 AM

Kildawabit Woo who?

I am a big fan of minis games in general, and one that i have found i enjoy very much is X-Wing, by Fantasy Flight. As it happens they are doing an event called Dogfight about 5 times a day, which requires no experience or pieces, they provide everything and go over the rules at the start, even if you can't get in to play, you could watch as the Empire blows up Rebel scum.

There also tends to be a lot of free anime airing in the hotels ballrooms, and hey free is free, with good stories added in to boot.

just my two cents.
Old May 10th, 2013, 08:38 AM

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There are tons of boardgame events that list like 4-8 players, are these free to sign up to for anyone, or are they like a group of friends planning an event kind of thing? I'm thinking the former, but I want to be sure.

Old May 10th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Axis and Allies.
Old May 12th, 2013, 09:26 PM

Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker

Super RoboRally.

1 foot tall lego robots that move around on a 20' x 20' lego floor map. It is worth the money just to see your bot move around by itself!

I liked the game so much, I bought a copy on ebay.

Sadly, no Lego robots.
Old May 12th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Chewer of Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
There are tons of boardgame events that list like 4-8 players, are these free to sign up to for anyone, or are they like a group of friends planning an event kind of thing? I'm thinking the former, but I want to be sure.
It is the former, first come, first served. You can sign up for any of the slots individually, and the price for each ticket/slot is listed with the event. Some people will sign up with a group, but many times you will be playing with a group of strangers (which is a neat way to meet people who like the same games you do).
Old May 16th, 2013, 05:51 PM

Pretty excited for this. I've got Friday all filled up with events, and Saturday will be spent in the Dealer Hall.

Friday we'll be at the Wordbuilding Seminar, the Playtesing Hall, and a Shakedown Cruise (Leviathans) event before Day 1 and Open Play.

I kind of want to do Golembane or Lycans Thursday night, but 88 bucks is a lot of money that could be spent on new games. We might try the X-Wing Dogfight event or 7 Wonders.

Old May 17th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Saturday will be packed so be prepared. Easily the busiest day, as many locals pop in and swell the ranks and to observe gamers in their natural state.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con