Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old January 13th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Gen Con 2013 - Events APPROVED

And here they are - please note they all currently say this -
Accepted for Consideration.

This means that we did not find any problems in your submission, but it has not been given a location and is not Active yet. We will place this event with others that were submitted in the same cycle and confirm space for it soon.

Also note -

Thanks for registering for a HeroScape event. Please remember to bring your dice, figures, cards, order markers, and anything else you need for your particular army. Also please not that there is no start zone limit this year, just figures. If your army plans to have more than 24 hex worth of figures, you are responsible for bringing the extra hexes as well. For more information please check out www.heroscapers.com.

Capture the Flag (Thur 11AM)
Open to all players, 28 positions. 4 round swiss with one game final, if necessary. Players bring a pre-drafted 400 point Heroscape army, no Marvel. Army size is limited to 16 figures. Each player will have a Glyph of Brandar to defend. Players can win by ending a turn with one of their figures unengaged and on the opponentā€™s Glyph. Tournament is played in one hour rounds. Prizes will be awarded.

Heat of the Battle (Thur 11AM)
Open to all players, 28 positions. 4 round swiss with one game final, if necessary. Players bring a pre-drafted 450 point Heroscape army, no Marvel. Army size is limited to 16 figures. Players take turns placing a cardā€™s worth of units, unengaged, on an empty space. Squad figures must be placed adjacent to other friendly squad figures just placed. Battle begins after all units have been placed. Tournament is played in 1 hour rounds. Prizes will be awarded. Additional information: Players will roll the D20 to see who places their first card's worth of units. The D20 roll winner can defer, if they choose. The player who places units second will have initiative for the first round.

Lightweight Skirmish (Thur 4PM)
Open to all players, 28 positions. 4 round swiss tournament with 1 game final. Players bring a pre-drafted 330 point HeroScape army, no Marvel. Army cannot exceed 12 figures. The tournament is played in one hour rounds. Prizes will be awarded.

Assassin's Creed (Thur 4PM)
Open to all players, 28 positions. 4 round swiss tournament with 1 game final. Players bring a pre-drafted 500 point HeroScape army, no Marvel. The army must include at least 3 unique or uncommon heroes. You cannot use the same uncommon hero more than once. Army cannot exceed 16 figures. Each game you choose one of your opponentā€™s unique or uncommon heroes to destroy. If you destroy that hero before they destroy the one they picked from you, you win. The tournament is played in one hour rounds. Prizes will be awarded.

Take 2 (Thur 9PM)
Open to all players, 28 positions. 4 round swiss style tournament. Players bring 2 pre-drafted 450 point Heroscape army, (no Marvel) army size is limited to 16 figures. Before each game, there will be a dice-off, done by the players. The winner of the dice-off chooses first army choice or second army choice. Whoever has first army choice may choose any of the four armies (either of their two or either of their opponent's two). The other player may then choose from any of the other three armies.

HeroScape - Treasure Quest (Fri 10 AM)
Secure the most Treasure Glyphs to win! Open to all players, 28 positions. 4 round swiss with one game final, if necessary. Players bring a pre-drafted 500 point Heroscape army, no Marvel. Army size is limited to 16 figures. Tournament is played in one hour rounds. Prizes will be awarded.

Heroscape - 4 x 4 (Fri 10 AM)
Players bring FOUR, pre-drafted 440 point Heroscape armies, no Marvel. Army Size is limited to 16 figures.
Open to all players, 28 positions. 4 round swiss with one game final, if necessary. No card can be used more than once across all 4 armies; multiple commons allowed. Players assign the value 1 - 4 to their armies; army # will be drawn at random each round until all 4 are used. The final will be Pick Your Poison. Prizes will be awarded.

HeroScape - Championship Day 1 (Fri 3PM)
The Main Event! Players bring a pre-drafted 440 point Heroscape army, (no Marvel) army size is limited to 16 figures.
Open to all players, 56 positions. 5 round Swiss style tournament with the top 16 players advancing to Day 2. The tournament is played in one hour rounds. See Day 2 for additional details and Day 2 rules.

HeroScape - Open Play (Fri 9PM)
Bring your customs and scenarios!
Got some cool customs or scenarios you really want to try? Come try them out! Bring somebody to play with or find somebody there!

HeroScape - Kids Tournament (Sat 10AM)
Open to all kids 12 and under. Players bring a pre-drafted 400 point Heroscape army, Marvel is allowed. Army size is limited to 16 figures.
14 positions, 4 round Swiss style tournament. The tournament is played in one hour rounds. Prizes will be awarded.

HeroScape - Championship Day 2 Reverse the Whip (Sat 10AM)
Players will be switching armies with their opponent for every match.
Reverse the Whip!! Day 2 players bring the same army they played on Day 1. Can you beat the army that got you to Day 2? four times in a row? Others will be using your figures and cards; if you donā€™t want people touching your stuff, do not play in this event.

HeroScape - Heroes Only (Sat 10AM)
Players bring a pre-drafted 600 point Heroscape army that does not include squad units, no Marvel.
Open to all players, 28 positions. 4 round Swiss tournament with 1 game final. Army cannot exceed 8 figures. The tournament is played in one hour rounds. Prizes will be awarded.

HeroScape - General Wars (Sat 3PM)
War of the Valkyrie Generals! Players bring a pre-drafted 500 point Heroscape army, no Marvel. Army size is limited to 16 figures.
All Army Cards MUST be from the same Valkyrie General. The Valkrill units will be classified as Utgar for this event. The tournament is played in one hour rounds. The highest ranked player for each Valkyrie General wins prizes.

HeroScape - Team Tournament (Sun 10AM)
Teams bring a pre-drafted 500 point HeroScape army.
Open to all players, 28 teams / 56 players. 4 round Swiss with one game final, no Marvel. Each player can have no more than 50, more or less, points than their teammate. Teammates cannot have the same figures. Army size is limited to 16 figures. The tournament is played in 1 hour rounds. Prizes will be awarded. Purchase 1 ticket PER person!!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; May 1st, 2013 at 05:31 PM. Reason: BOOM!
Old January 13th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Gen Con 2013

Only 213 days til Gencon 2013.

Thanks to MM for coordinating the Gencon events again this year.
Old January 13th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Old January 18th, 2013, 10:44 PM

Adama is surprisingly tart

I am looking forward to them again this year. I had a great time last year.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:40 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama View Post
Woah, an Adama sighting...truly a sight to behold.

I am pumped! Just have to convince my employer to let me off for the whole weekend so I don't have to leave Saturday night again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:58 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Quote:

I am pumped! Just have to convince my employer to let me off for the whole weekend so I don't have to leave Saturday night again.
Tell him you're work overtime next week.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:07 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Up from 0/100, I'm about 50/50 right now to get to my first GenCon. Stay tuned...

-insert signature here-
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:32 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Up from 0/100, I'm about 50/50 right now to get to my first GenCon. Stay tuned...

We could Dragon Dice it up!!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; January 23rd, 2013 at 09:32 PM. Reason: It's pretty much your fault I got into it
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:53 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

We could Dragon Dice it up!!

I'd have to be retaught (though I think it would come back quickly). I haven't played a single game since PAX 2011.

-insert signature here-
Old January 25th, 2013, 02:47 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

What is the main event format this year?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old January 25th, 2013, 02:57 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
What is the main event format this year?
This information has not yet been released.

- Raider30
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:37 AM

Adama is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Quote:

What can I say... When you spend most of your time in a quasi-ethereal state it is dificult to be recognized as something other than what you are not.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con