Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old November 14th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: Agent Minivann's Custom Terrain - Update 11/7

I put this map together really quickly to use some of the custom pieces I just finished.

In the background with the aqueduct thingie are my freshly painted waterfall pieces. It's just a quick couple coats on the visible side of the pieces from a previous post with a couple coats of clear. The color is a little light, but I think that works for a waterfall. I thought about dry brushing on some white, but I think it works pretty good as is.

There are also some RotV figures turned statues. I had previously painted them with the stone texture stuff, but I didn't like how they turned out, so I stripped them. They are mounted on some hex bases I got from Leifkicker. I cut up one of the Thorgrims so it could be a damaged and fallen statue. They have some aquarium gravel glued onto the bases with them. I then painted them gray, and gave them a wash. I like these much better than the original stone texture.

Also there are some columns. I gave them some damage, and cut two of them roughly in half. I gave them tops, glued them to bases, and gave them some aquarium gravel. Pretty much the same paint and wash job as the statues. Mostly I just did what I saw on other column projects on here. I think there are two or three tutorials. The big difference with mine is the Leifkicker bases.

I also threw in the dyed water tiles to represent a chasm. I don't really like the placement on the map, but I was in a hurry when I put the map together.

I couple closer detail pictures of the Raelin de Milo and the waterfall pieces.

Fallen statue, broken columns, and the black tiles.

Looking down the plaza.

A better look at the Thorgrim statues.

Some of the waterfall pieces don't want to stay on. I don't know if I just need to sort through all of them and only keep the ones that work well. I might try to glue them in 2's and 3's so they stay on better. The top piece on the long waterfall and both pieces on the lower waterfall fell off all the time. It was annoying, but I really liked the flavor they added to the map. I just might have to make some for use with lava, swamp water, and for the black tiles when I use them as oil or tar.

I took some pictures of the black order markers, but they didn't turn out very good. I'll try again tomorrow using natural light.

Last edited by Agent Minivann; November 14th, 2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old November 14th, 2009, 01:36 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Agent Minivann's Custom Terrain - Update 11/7

That looks absolutely awesome. I have to admit when I saw your in progress shots I wasn't sure that it would turn out any good, thank you for proving that theory completely wrong. Brilliant.

Cheers
Old November 14th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: Agent Minivann's Custom Terrain - Update 11/14

Thanks, A3n. To be honest I wasn't sure they would work out this well, either. They could be better, but I'm happy with them. I could get some Apoxie Sculpt and mold something that looks better on the exposed side, but I'll leave that for some other time. I should probably get some experience sculpting first.

I'll have to set up a waterfall tomorrow that goes wider than that to show how they look around concave and convex corners. I should get some pictures that show the detail on the statues better. Here is the older stone texture version for reference.
Old November 14th, 2009, 03:56 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Definitely digging the newer stone stuff a lot more. But, honestly, all I can say is .... puuuuuuurdy pictures ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 14th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Nice, Minivann, nice.
Old November 14th, 2009, 02:33 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very cool.
Old November 14th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Quest Quitter

Here are the order markers. They still look lighter in the pictures than in person. I threw in one each of the other colors for comparison.

Here is another picture of the waterfall pieces to show what a wide waterfall would look like.

The waterfall pieces are getting frustrating. They just don't want to stay on. I think it might be because they came from a 24 hex piece. I think the bigger pieces have more forgiving tolerances. They stay on the castle wall pieces and most single hex tiles pretty good. They just fall off the larger pieces.
Old December 20th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Quest Quitter

I finally got all my warehouses painted. I tried to come up with a comic business name and graffiti. I had a lot harder time coming up with examples from comics of graffiti than I thought I would. The unmodified warehouse is one I borrowed from my son's collection to take the comparison pictures.

Warehouse comparison

Bank comparison. Painted it gray and dry-brushed on the red. The graffiti comes from Powers. Bank name from the Tick.

Axis Chemicals comparison
I got the blue warehouse idea from Annerios' sweet warehouse mods. He was the inspiration behind most of what I did with these. I steered clear of using "Who watches the Watchmen?" graffiti so that it wouldn't be as much of a copy. Graffiti from V for Vendetta. Axis Chemicals from Batman. I wanted it to look a little dirtier than the bank since it was a chemical company.

Graffiti detail

2 story warehouse comparison. I finally got this one done after who knows how long. General Forge and Foundry is a fictitious business name I found on a list of companies. It comes from a Kurt Vonnegut book (Cat's Cradle). Graffiti from Marvel comics. The address is the actual address of a company in England called General Forge and Foundry. I really wanted this one to look dirty and dingy.

A little map I threw together for the picture. I really need more Marvel terrain. I got the extra warehouses through the trade tread, so I only have the one set of terrain.

Part I of the Marvel Warehouse Project
Part II of the Marvel Warehouse Project
Marvel Warehouse Side Project

Last edited by Agent Minivann; February 21st, 2010 at 12:27 AM.
Old December 20th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post

Excellent work!

The two story warehouse is a great idea.
It is nice seeing all of the buildings together on one map.
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:03 AM
Quest Quitter

Re: Agent Minivann's Custom Terrain - Update 12/20

Forgot to mention that I didn't like how the cars were so pristine and shiny, so I put them in a box with some rocks and shook the box. It didn't really "solve" the problem of how shiny they are, but they have more of a used look to them, but the pictures don't capture the effect very well.
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:41 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Nice Marvel set up. Have you tried making the 4 building the 4 corners of one intersection? That could be a great map if you spread the starting zones out.

Not a fuge comics guy but here are few other building names that came to mind.

Wayne Industries
Luthur Corp.
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:52 AM
Quest Quitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Nice Marvel set up. Have you tried making the 4 building the 4 corners of one intersection? That could be a great map if you spread the starting zones out.

Not a fuge comics guy but here are few other building names that came to mind.

Wayne Industries
Luthur Corp.
I wanted to avoid the real obvious ones. I almost skipped on Axis Chemicals. I thought about Pacific Courier instead, the delivery truck the terrorists arrive in on Die Hard. I'll probably go with Wayne, or Stark for the next one I do, but that might be a long way away.

I'll have to try that set up while the kids are on their break. I don't have the terrain to do an intersection properly. I might have to cheat with some of Floydski's road printouts and some RttFF/FotA pieces. I was thinking of some sort of park with statues set up with my Raelin de Milo and the columns.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles