Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 9th, 2013, 12:09 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Bay Area Brawl - NHSD '13

The two games on Crevasse were with armies that I thought were roughly equal. The losing army in each case was the same army (a d20-dependent army). In the first one (13 - 2), the d20 never came through, so it was a miserable performance. The second one was much closer with the lead switching back and forth each round.

The game on Incendium was a known good army (Wyverns) against a known bad army (Robots).

My intent with these play tests has mostly been to determine the kinds of scores and number of rounds we might expect to see in 50 minutes of play. This is intended to help RV fine tune the format - to help him decide if we will play to a set number of points, or to a set number of rounds, or just keep at it until time is called, or something else. And to help him decide whether to use the bonus or not. In every game played, the only player who ever got the bonus is the guy who ultimately won (so I don't really see it as a viable comeback method).

I'm done play testing now and everything is put away until October. So my final summary:

3-Glyph Maps
4 rounds - 9 to 1 (11 to 1 with bonus)
5 rounds - 9 to 4 (10 to 4 with bonus)
5 rounds - 7 to 6 (7 to 6 with bonus)
5 rounds - 13 to 2 (16 to 2 with bonus)
5 rounds - 8 to 7 (8 to 7 with bonus)

2-Glyph Maps
5 rounds - 5 to 4 (5 to 4 with bonus)
4 rounds - 8 to 0 (12 to 0 with bonus)

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old September 12th, 2013, 01:19 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Ronin, I'm going to try to get a playtest or two in on Sunday, possibly Monday, if I have time. Is there anything in particular that you want me to look at?

Also, should we take a look and see what maps we can find to suggest for this event? I think we might need a few more than 2 three glyph maps. If there aren't any that are obvious, perhaps you could host a mini design contest (the design a 3 glyph map competition).

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old September 12th, 2013, 07:03 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Sorry been a busy week...

I talked to Ed today and we are welcome to play at Ronin Games starting at 11am. Ed already put it on his calendar.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old September 12th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah. It's my intention to settle on the remaining maps and PM blast the locals this weekend.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old September 15th, 2013, 07:10 PM

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If I didn't mention it before, I will be officially dropping the total Conquest Glyph occupation bonus. I will also be dropping the two Conquest Glyph version of Incendium, in favor of only using 3 Conquest Glyph maps. The following two maps will be added to the tourney pool:

Ariadne - Typhoon2222
This map will use the back 3 rows of the original start zones, for a 10 hex start zone. The 3rd Conquest Glyph will be present in the center of the map between both columns.

Cross Trails 3.0 - darkmage7a
This map will use the back row of the original start zone, with one additional hex between the raised sand tiles, for a 10 hex start zone.

I have several other maps I am considering, but they require modification of Conquest Glyph placement or more radically revamped start zones. I feel like we will have some representation of all the terrain types, though suggestions of lava maps that can handle 3 equidistant Conquest Glyphs would be welcome.

Old September 16th, 2013, 01:39 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

RV,

Could you update the OP with your latest version of how the format will work? Including army size (points & hexes), win conditions, etc.

Thanks,
~Z

P.S. Maybe also include attendees and venue?

P.P.S. What mods to Vigilant & Crevasse to allow 2-hex figures on all glyphs?

My map thread
Old September 17th, 2013, 02:45 AM

Updated to lock in Army Point totals, map changes, and rule updates. I still need to add an attendee list.

As for your final question, Z. I did some thinking. There are a lot of advantages to being large, especially in the number of effect you can ignore thanks to that size. The one universal disadvantage of being large that I always loved about this game and thought was particularly clever, was the rule that says (paraphrased) "If you don't fit, you can't be there."

It is only one of three glyphs on both Vigilant and Crevasse that cannot be occupied by larger figures; while that may be disadvantageous, I do not feel it is overwhelmingly so, even an army of only large or huge figures. I submit that more likely any disadvantage of an army of only large figures would suffer more from its own composition rather than from the format. As placement restriction based on size is one of the intended weaknesses of a large figure, I feel disinclined to alter the maps in question to address what is actually a feature and not a bug. When designing or selecting an army, a player should take some consideration of the map selection. In this case, think about having at least one figure capable of holding that middle glyph. If you choose not to do so in favor of another strategy, then that's your choice. Caveat militaris- tactician beware.

Old September 17th, 2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
Updated to lock in Army Point totals, map changes, and rule updates. I still need to add an attendee list.
And the time.

~Z

My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; September 17th, 2013 at 07:19 PM. Reason: 2^5 days to go!
Old September 17th, 2013, 09:48 PM

I guess that might be important. Thanks Z. Updated- I'll get the attendee list when I'm at my computer.

Old September 19th, 2013, 07:34 PM

One month!

@RV - you can put me down to bring any one map.

~Z

My map thread
Old September 24th, 2013, 05:40 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

You can also put me on the list for any one (or even two) map(s).

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old September 24th, 2013, 07:26 PM

Thank you cmgames and Personwholives for volunteering to provide maps. I have you down for Crevasse and Cross Trails, respectively.

OP updated with current attendee list, with Serenity and CyborgJustin as (?). I assume you're both coming, but I didn't see a confirmation. Also, Zyx? You bringing the rest of your crew with you? Let me know. I'm also [finally] PM blasting people right now. Hopefully that'll start boosting our signups.

Lastly, nyys PM'd me about the possibility of some C3V prize support? Stay tuned!

Last edited by RoninValentina; September 24th, 2013 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Question for Zyx

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day