Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 19th, 2010, 01:47 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: How do YOU mark your uncommon heroes?

sharpie on card and around base of one, only two of each uncommon
Old September 19th, 2010, 04:09 AM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Stickers on the base, Stickers on the bottem right of the cards in the open space below the special abilities...I'm not creative.
Old September 19th, 2010, 04:45 AM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

Got a sheet of stickers that has two of each colour and type of stars. - $2

One on the base, one on the card under the LOS picture.

Easy - and they peel off easy too.

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old September 19th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I get tiny little stickers from my 7 year old. I have a hydra marked with berries and a bunch of Phantom Knights marked with sparkly pink. No, the PKs are not uncommon, but now they won't get confused with yours if we meet at a tourney.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 19th, 2010, 09:36 AM

patzymur knows what's in an order marker patzymur knows what's in an order marker

I don't make any permanent marks on either the figures or the cards. Instead I ordered a multi-colored pack of orthodontic rubberbands from ebay. If there are more than one uncommon of the same type on the field, on gets a temporary necklace or bracelet or headband (love that '80s flashdance look on a troll ). I also only use one card on the table. I have some full-sized rubberbands that match the orthodontic band's colors. I place them next to the card & place order markers and wound markers inside the appropriately colored bands.

Namaste,
'zymur
Old September 19th, 2010, 09:40 AM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzymur View Post
I don't make any permanent marks on either the figures or the cards. Instead I ordered a multi-colored pack of orthodontic rubberbands from ebay. If there are more than one uncommon of the same type on the field, on gets a temporary necklace or bracelet or headband (love that '80s flashdance look on a troll ). I also only use one card on the table. I have some full-sized rubberbands that match the orthodontic band's colors. I place them next to the card & place order markers and wound markers inside the appropriately colored bands.
Wow. Thats a neat idea. So far I havent had to mark mine because I dont have more than one, but I marked my Hydra cause I might bring him to a tourny.
Old September 20th, 2010, 07:11 AM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

You've got to have seperate cards for uncommon heroes don't you?

CRC

Old September 20th, 2010, 07:49 AM

patzymur knows what's in an order marker patzymur knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnRedChops View Post

CRC
If you're asking based on my idea where I replace the extra cards with a rubber band... The purpose of the separate cards are to provide a place for order markers and wound markers (and I suppose other markers that you may get hit with). The inside of an appropriately colored rubber band works as well as another card for that, and takes up less space.

Namaste,
'zymur
Old September 20th, 2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzymur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnRedChops View Post

CRC
If you're asking based on my idea where I replace the extra cards with a rubber band... The purpose of the separate cards are to provide a place for order markers and wound markers (and I suppose other markers that you may get hit with). The inside of an appropriately colored rubber band works as well as another card for that, and takes up less space.
Excellent point... and one I see you made in your original post.

My apologies.

CRC

Old September 28th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

(Spray)paint some wound markers, get some different colors. Paint even amounts of each color. Then put one on the uncommon's base, and that same color on the card as well. You can even stack damage on top or below the painted marker and keep track of wounds on multiple uncommons with just a single card.

Oh, and a dot of blue tack might work well to keep a marker firmly seated on a base!

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old September 28th, 2010, 01:23 AM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I use paper clips, I have a case of phobia o stickers .... just typing give me the creeps. cry:
Old September 28th, 2010, 09:47 AM

Lank281 knows what's in an order marker Lank281 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIEGE View Post
I don't like the idea of putting stickers on my uncommons, so when I use multiple uncommons (which isn't often) this is what I do. For the first one, I leave it plain. For the second one, I place a black round marker on the figure's card and another black round marker on the figure's base. If for some reason I have more uncommons, I'll use the bright red marvel markers and/or the purple markers.
I do this myself. Usually because their are not enough BftU stickers to go around. I know that a lot of people here don't mind using any run of the mill sticker sheet, and thats fine but, I would like to keep up consistency with the original stickers.

Paint, another option that people enjoy, thats cool too but, I personally don't care too much for it. Mostly because I've never attempted to paint miniatures but, I even if I had experience, I don't think I could shake the thought that I was defacing my figs.

So yeah, I use the different colored markers. One on the card, one on the base. I don't have to worry about having the same stickers and I won't have to possibly mess up my figs with paint.

Plus, there is a good variety of colors which enable a player to have a decent amount of uncommons:

Red
Purple
Black
White
Brown (unless there are negation powers are in play from characters or glyphs.)
Green (unless there are Werewolf Lords in use.)

Also you could, just leave one card and fig blank, if these are not enough.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion