Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old October 24th, 2023, 01:42 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Your Heroscape "Origin" Story

Well met!

I thought this question had been asked before! From So, what got YOU involved?!:

When I was a boy, I was a classic chess geek, playing during recess. Later, war games appealed, but no opponents in Gibsonia, PA. Took up singing, went to San Francisco, then NYC (1974). Met a cool guy (black w/white girlfriend, while was/am white w/black girlfriend, now wife), played some D&D and WWII miniatures, but he moved away, and I moved on. Met some guys while doing a show on Roosevelt Island (where I live) who wanted to play Warhammer. Spent $100 played 1 interminable game (hours just to set up) and just left the game with them. Continued to sing, and took up Karate (2nd Degree Black Belt). Got a computer and got hooked on games there for awhile, but no real human interaction (even in online games where people were too strange, even for me). Surfing the net, I discovered Battlelore. Looked like a fun game. Bought it. Found an opponent through the company's Website. Played a few games; bought an expansion. Then my opponent, Charley, who owns ALL of everything Heroscape, said he was playing Heroscape at our regular time, so no Battlelore, but I could come or not that week. Initially, I was not impressed, but, as I would be free, and anticipating two weeks without game, I showed up. The armies were chosen before I arrived, and I had an interesting mix. Being a brilliant "experienced" gamer, we dove right into the advanced rules. An extremely tense, down to the wire battle ensued, with my Sonlen being the last man standing. That was a mere three weeks ago. Battlelore is dust! Long live Heroscape! I can just barely afford the time to play anything once a week, but my every spare moment is spent dreaming up my anti-Q9/Krav Maga/Rats, , army. I own no sets or expansions, but I did buy Chaosium's Elric so I could include Annerios' Custom Elric in my army. Must not buy more . . . . Must not buy more . . . . Must not buy more . . . .

Of course, I did not listen . . .

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online