Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 2nd, 2011, 11:44 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: davidlhsl's Guide to Superhero Customs

Chapter 3.2: Rebasing

Hahma's Rebasing Tutorial
GreyOwl's Base Stickers (you'll find it in the listing)
My idea for ladder bases
Wooden discs for ladder bases: www.craftparts.com

Heroclix figures use a very clever method to indicate stats by displaying them in a window on the base of the figure. As the figure takes damage, you rotate the base to change the stats displayed. This means that a unit’s stats actually change as it takes damage. After the unit takes a certain level of damage, KO appears in the window to indicate the figure is knocked out.

Many who play Superhero customs using Heroscape rules aren’t really interested in playing Heroclix, so those stats are really meaningless. In order to make their figures look as if they were actually part of Heroscape, many cut the Heroclix figures from their bases and glue them onto plastic bases.

Hahma has created a fantastic tutorial on how to do this, and that is the first link I’ve provided. In his tutorial, he references stickers available from Cavalier. I’ve linked GreyOwl’s base stickers, because you can download those and print on label sheets for free. Well, his templates are free; the label sheets and printer ink aren’t. For the bases, most people recommend Impact Miniatures, and you can find the link in Hahma's tutorial. If you have any extra Classic Heroscape figures, you can cut those figures from their bases and use those.

Rebasing is mostly an aesthetic preference. I don't mind the original Heroclix bases, but I don't care for most of the figures that are on flying stands, which elevate the figure above the base. I have rebased those figures, and I may even rebase the others. The bases I use aren't the recommended bases, as they don't fit on ladders. However, the textured top makes the base look great without requiring any stickers. Here's a picture of some of the figures, including some figures I rebased on wooden discs before getting the plastic bases:

Spoiler Alert!

One very compelling reason for rebasing is that the Heroclix bases do not work with Heroscape’s castle set ladder rungs. This is a significant concern, because the castle set actually works better for Superheroes than they do in Classic Scape. Heroclix bases can work on ladder rungs if you remove the stats part from the base and do some adjusting, but that’s a lot of trouble and probably will end looking worse. However, I have created a solution to this problem. Please click the link above for my idea for ladder bases. I have been using this method since playing Superhero Scape, and it works like a charm.

So you really don’t need to rebase your Heroclix figures unless you want to. And if you do want to, Hahma’s tutorial is really easy to follow and implement. One piece of advice you need to heed if you decide to try this:

ALWAYS CUT AWAY FROM YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by davidlhsl; March 10th, 2011 at 04:45 PM. Reason: I'm using different bases for my figures

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion