Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 17th, 2008, 10:08 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
Re: PacNW NHSD Event - Vancouver WA

Could I be Nadom +5 now? Popularity has increased more than I thought...
We'll be bringing terrain if necessary
Old October 18th, 2008, 12:31 AM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp.nerd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahde View Post
2 Nonperishible food items
1 Table Prize
1 Army (500 points or less)
Dice (d6 and d20)
Wound markers
Turn Markers
Ca$h for a raffle and concessions
Um...what raffle? Is that neccessary?
I imagine it's only necessary if you want a chance to win whatever is being raffled. I don't think anybody will force you to enter it.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old October 18th, 2008, 03:45 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker

We are going to try to set up a small raffle as well - a way for those that didnt get what they wanted from the table to have a shot at it still. (Not set in stone, but keep it in mind all the same.)

The package arrived today with our bonus goodies....they look amazing.

Thalenk Tundra x2
One of each Flag Bearer
and......of course the Skahens (ten of em)

Add to that package the Dice Tower and the House Mouse gift card....and the Master Woo...the table should be set up nicely for everyone to get little something.

Please remember you need to bring the two nonperishible food items, a table prize and a good attitude - I can direct you to the Walmart nearby for two of the three.....Not much I can do about the third.
Old October 18th, 2008, 03:48 AM

Also, bonus points for anyone that remembers to wish Michael a happy birthday tomorrow.......and then stomp him! lol

And fellas, dont forget its also "Sweetest Day" and if she let you go play all day....she may want you to bring her something that doesnt require a d20 or measuring LOS.
Old October 18th, 2008, 10:15 AM

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Well, we're loading up the car and heading north... this is gonna rock!

Thanks again, Bahde!
Old October 18th, 2008, 11:20 AM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Sorry, last minute question(hopefully someone's still active to answer it) but my dad was wondering if we need to bring anything for lunch?

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old October 18th, 2008, 11:35 AM

Tauren_Marine is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp.nerd View Post
Sorry, last minute question(hopefully someone's still active to answer it) but my dad was wondering if we need to bring anything for lunch?
I'd personally recommend bringing something to eat, just in case.
Old October 19th, 2008, 03:45 AM

That was awesome... battle reports will be up soon!
Old October 19th, 2008, 03:59 AM

That was a great day - I hope everyone else had as much fun as we did. Congrats to Megadev and McLeod - both going 5-0 on the day.

We are working on details of the day - but for now I will post my game summaries while we sift the results.

My army:
Sgt Drake 2.0, KMA, EOV, Kamon Awa & Isamu

Game One: Win

Vs. Justin
Sonlen, Aubrien Archers x2, Arkmer & Q10

The score almost sums this one up - I was fortunate on the map and the initiative rolls up front and managed to lodge my KMA on high ground early. Justin played well, but with my EOV standing outfront as blockers and my KMA firing over their heads it was too much advantage for my army.

Game Two: Loss

Vs. Glenn
Braxas, Q9, Marro Warriors & Zetacron

The game started off quickly and evenly as we scrambled to the +1 Def glyph. It began to slip away as Braxas drifted in and killed several of my EOV and KMA quickly....and it was over when Braxas put down both KA and Isamu in one turn. With my army shattered it turned into a race to get some points from kills. It was a good game, fairly short in determining but a good game well played by Glenn.

Game Three: Win

Vs. Daniel W.
Q9, Laglor, KMA, Raelin & Eldgrim

No glyphs to distract us on this map - and a daunting army to face when there is ample opportunity for it to get height advantage. The shooting started off quickly and never really let up, for long stretches his Queqlix was firing with extreme accuracty firing off the 9 shots of 1...hitting a skull as often as seven or eight times but with the height advantage my KMA managed to endure long enough. The break came when I managed to lure Q9 far enough from Raelin to get a couple quick hits on him before sneaking in to attack Raelin directly. The game could have swung several times during the course of things. It was a very close game all the way up until the end.

Game Four: Loss

Vs. Jordan (Aka 2xHero)
Grimnak, Nerak, Charos & Blade Gruts x3

Yeah, this was a map that offered little room for lateral movement and one illfated order placement sped my demise greatly. This game may have been a closer, but it was well played and entertaining at least. Jordan did a great job moving his orcs forward in a concerted front that pressured my army completely. After leaving my KMA and EOV clustered in the road, on Marr Highway, the fight was uphill the rest of the way. Two things I learned from this game - besides not stranding squads in range of the enemies fool proof squad killer/chomper.... 1. The orcs may not be glamorous, but they are unforgiving. 2. Nerak is a much better unit than I anticipated. Was a good game, I wish I had been able to offer more resistance at least. Not much of a summary to point out other than....Bond, Chomp.....Bond, Chomp....rinse, repeat.

Game Five: Win

Vs. Laura
Microcorp x3, Sgt Drake 1.0, Deathreavers x2 & Otonashi

The map suited my army far better than the previous, and gave me a modest advantage over much of her army. Racing to position my EOV on the glyph and blocking the path to my KMA, it was a quiet first round before K. Awa moved up the bridge and started firing off at anything and everything I could. The game turned on a combinate of good rolls by K. Awa and only one Stealth Armor block for the whole match. Laura played well and kept me working the whole time, I just fortunately got the rolls I needed and slowly wore down the Microcorps.

I managed to finish 3-2, but considering the level of competition....I think that score was pretty good. I had a great time playing and would love to play against everyone of my opponents again. Thank you all....it was a good day.

....and if anyone wondered, the excitement of the kids said it all. It was really worth it all to hear the kids and their excitement.

PS. We are already discussing what to do next....and January seems to be the next best time to do something.
Old October 19th, 2008, 04:07 AM

Here are the final standings and the game by game win/loss - the winners are highlighted in GREEN.
Adult Bracket
Round One
Marshall L. v. Jake B.
Jason v. Jon B.
Paul v. Justin B.
Chuck v. Daniel W.
Alexander v. Ryan F.
Greg Sr. v. Glenn
Dominic v. Jon J.
Greg Jr. v. Devan
Jordanv. Michael
Daniel B. v. Jacob
Laura v. Ross
Luke S. BYE

Round Two
Alexander v. Devan
Chuck v. Jake B.
Paul v. Glenn
Dominic v. Daniel
Jordan v. Laura
Jason H. v. Luke
Jacob v. Greg Sr.
Greg Jr. v. Marshall L.
Daniel W. v. Ryan F.
Michael v. Jon B.
Jon J. v. Justin B.
Ross BYE

Round Three
Laura v. Jason H.
Glenn v. Devan
Jake B. v. Dominic
Jon B. v. Jacob
Alexander v. Luke
Ross v. Justin B.
Daniel W. v. Paul
Marshall L. v. Chuck
Jordan v. Daniel B.
Jon J. v. Greg Jr.
Michael v. Greg Sr.
Ryan BYE

Round Four
Laura v. Devan
Dominic v. Jason
Paul v. Jordan
Glenn v. Luke
Jake B. v. Ross
Marshall L. v. Jacob
Greg Jr. v. Ryan
Justin B. v. Jon B.
Daniel W. v. Daniel B
Chuck v. Alexander
Greg Sr. v. Jon J.
Michael BYE

Round Five
Dominic v. Devan
Jake B. v. Glenn
Marshall L. v. Jordan
Laura v. Paul
Luke v. Greg Sr.
Greg Jr. v. Jacob
Daniel B. v. Ross
Jason v. Chuck
Justin B. v. Ryan
Jon B. v. Daniel W.
Alexander v. Michael
Jon J. BYE

Final Standings
1. Devan
2. Glenn
3. Marshall
4. Dominic
5. Jake B.
6. Laura
7. Paul
8. Greg Jr.
9. Luke
10. Jason
11. Jordan
12. Ross
13. Daniel W.
14. Chuck
15. Alexander
16. Ryan F.
17. Greg Sr.
18. Jacob
19. Justin B.
20. Daniel B.
21. Jon J.
22. Jon B.
23. Michael
Youth Division
Round One
Joseph v. Cody
Ian v. Mady
Austin v. Micky
McLeod v. Marshall
MaryBeth v. Christopher
Ryan BYE

Round Two
Joseph v. Christopher
Ryan v. MaryBeth
Austin v. Mady
McLeod v. Mickey
Marshall v. Cody
Ian BYE

Round Three
MaryBeth v. Mady
Christopher v. McLeod
Ian v. Austin
Cody v. Ryan
Joseph v. Marshall
Mickey BYE
Round Four
McLeod v. Mady
Joseph v. Cody
Christopher v. Austin
MaryBeth v. Mickey
Ryan v. Ian
MarshallBYE

Round Five
McLeod v. MaryBeth
Cody v. Austin
Mady v. Christopher
Ian v. Marshall
Ryan v. Mickey
Joseph BYE

Final Standings
1. McLeod
2. Mady
3. Austin
4. MaryBeth
5. Cody
6. Joseph
7. Christopher
8. Mickey
9. Marshall
10. Ian
11. Ryan
Old October 19th, 2008, 04:09 AM

And, special thanks to my wife...mother in law and sister in laws for all their help today in the concessions and running the TD software.
Old October 19th, 2008, 05:12 AM

This was a great day of gaming with some great people.
I had brought a 505pt army of Stingers, Deathreavers, and Nilfheim to the Tracktown Throwdown this past spring and had a lot of fun/success with it, so I figured I'd rework it for this tourney:
Marro Stingers x4, Deathreavers x2, Raelin, Krav Maga Agents

Game 1: Jon (Major Q9, Knights of Weston x1, Thorgrim, Raelin, Kelda, Isamu) on "Country Road," Move +2 (my side), Defense +1 (his side)
The map for this one was a familiar-style central bridge over a river with lots of great little hills on the sides; a pretty long map. Seeing Jon's army (and the glyph placement) I knew I was going to see a LOT of defense dice being rolled. I got initiative and led with my rats and took the move glyph followed by crossing the river to take the defense glyph. It wasn't for long as Jon sent in Q9 and the Knights/Thorgrim, quickly taking back the defense +1 with Thorgrim. With his attention focused on his side of the bridge and my rats, I was able to establish Raelin, Stingers, and the Krav on my side of the bridge. I initially took the bridge with a wall of rats and Stingers and was able to put a couple of wounds on Q9, but when he began rushing up with his Raelin and glyph-boosted KoW (as well as using Kelda to fully heal Q9), I opted to use my move-boosted Stingers to flank him by crossing the river and firing away from range, eventually getting up to his entrenched Raelin and killing her off. The focus then turned on getting his remaining knights tied down so as to kill off Q9. Several turns of back and forth fire from his Q9 and my Stingers (with height and Raelin) ended up with one exceptionally lucky turn for me that got a successful Stinger drain and 4 wounds on Q9 in 2 attacks. With only 5 minutes and Kelda and Throgrim (still on the defense glyph) left to kill, it was Stingers for the win. Jon was a great competitor and a keen strategist who played an excellent game and made me believe in 1 squad of knights.
Result: Win (1-0)

Game 2: Daniel B. (KoW x2, 4th Mass x2, Zetacron, Thorgrim, Finn) - "Hot Heights," Initiative +8, Lucky 20-sider
Daniel is probably my closest friend and it is always a pleasure to play against him (especially considering we hadn't been able too lately due to my recent move up the freeway), as we are very evenly matched (we learned how to play together!). To be honest, my army was uniquely suited to take down his, and the map played to my strengths and his weaknesses as well. Very early on I took down his perched Zetacron with my Krav (backed by Raelin who was hiding from Zeta behind a ruin), inadvertently giving his 4th a Valiant defense bonus. After that it was all Rats, Krav, and Stingers, with him putting up a fittingly valiant effort and playing admittedly far smarter than me. He and I normally split wins & losses evenly, and I ended up taking it today. Always bittersweet to beat a good friend, especially when the map/armies are a bit slanted, but it was great to play against him.
Win! (2-0)

Game 3 - temp.nerd (6x Stingers, Airborne Elite, Eldgrim) - "Ice Blossom" - Unique Attack +1, Defense +1
Temp.nerd is a way cool guy. I've had good interaction with him on the boards here and was excited to face him, but 6 squads of Stingers and AE with a Unique Attack glyph on the board looked daunting. Bad enough that he got his AE to drop first round, he got initiative! Raelin, however, was planted firmly in middle of my starting zone and, when the smoke cleared from all 4 grenades, I had lost only 1 Stinger! After engaging with Rats and blasting with Stingers, he was down to 1 AE. After that, I sent my rats towards the glyphs and braced for the incoming Stinger onslaught (there were 30 Stingers on the board between the two of us!). I tried my hardest to play conservatively and patiently as his Stingers came around the icy mountain, with Raelin + Stealth Dodge helping numerous times (as well as a couple key failed Stinger Drains on his part at crucial times). When the cloud of Stingers cleared, I ended up coming out with a victory. An all-around excellent, hard-fought, exceptionally fun game. Temp.nerd was enjoyable and gracious as an opponent the before, during, and after the entire game.
Result: Win!

Game 4 - Jason H (10th Reg. x2, Roman Legos x2, Marcus, Ne-Gok-Sa, Me-Burq-Sa) - Embattled Fen
Jason is another close friend and Embattled Fen is a very familiar map, so this one felt very, uh, comfortable . Jason is the undisputed king of the well-executed tactical turtling strategy, and his army conveniently played to that strength of his. Fortunately, I figured a wall of rats followed by the Krav could do well against that if only they could survive the first wave of attacks from MBS. After dispatching the mounted warlord, I turned my rats loose to clog things up and had my Krav and Stingers alternate turns to keep the Legos at bay (Stingers) and fire at the 10th. (Krav). Long story very short, I got Jason reeling early and, though he made an expert comeback, I ended up getting the narrow win. Jason is brilliant in the mid-late game and is perhaps the most patient/aggressive player I know, and he almost got me. Another great match with lots of great strategy.
Result: Win! (4-0)

Round 5: MegaDev (Braxas, Stingers x4, Marro Warriors) - Viscid Flank
I had been hoping to play with MegaDev at the last 2 tournaments I've been to, so I was stoked for this one (even if it meant facing more Stingers!). Dev led with his Stingers, I with my rats followed by Stingers and was able to put a dent in his first wave or so of attackers. Heading into the second round, I spread out my order markers I could use the opportunity to establish my defense with Raelin and get the Krav into the action.
Bad move.
All 3 of MegaDev's order markers were on Braxas and the dragon queen rained down acidic death on my sleeping Stingers and rats, eventually taking out well over half my army, including Raelin and 2 Krav (Agent Smith and Trinity for those keeping score at home). By the time Braxas eventually fell to Stinger fire, Dev had already started bringing in his Stingers for the clean-up. His d20 was on fire and he used it brilliantly, consistently going for and getting Stinger Drain, neutralizing my defense bonus from the jungle and rocking my seemingly helpless Stingers and eventually my 1 remaining agent. I was surprised to find that I had killed 310 of his points; it felt like he straight-up slaughtered me. Very fun match against a cool guy and a great player. I'm genuinely happy to see MegaDev get the tournament win he deserves. Congratulations!
Result: Loss! (4-1, 4th place)

Big thanks to Bahde and the whole crew who made this happen, especially in the kitchen. Thanks also to St. John's for inviting us in for a Saturday. Thanks to Imax/Vixentor, WotC, and all the sponsors, too.

Grand Moff Venom, rdhight, lafleurhero, Tauren Marien, 2xhero, it was fun meet all of you, I hope we get to play sometime in the future. Greg Sr & Jr, good to see you guys. Yagyuninja, as much as I'm happy that you got a new house and all, I was still hoping to get to play you again .

This was a great tournament all around, and a ton of fun. Looking forward to the next one!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day