Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:23 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

I believe some people use a tracking option via Board Game Geek? I'm not sure. Myself, I actually use a spreadsheet that records the game, the winner, every else who participated, faction/units if applicable as in Summoner Wars or Heroscape, and the date played.

I try to record the night of the game, or shortly after, but this is not always possible. This is why I have only recorded days played for Apples to Apples and Cards Against Humanity, as they occurred at parties with alcohol and were played upwards of 5-7 times, and I just could not remember the winners the next day.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 05:10 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Greetings,

Last year was the first full year I kept track of my games. Someone in a previous post asked how people kept track of them. I use the 'Record a play' function on bgg.

Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie 42
The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game 30
King of Tokyo 23
Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer 8
Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game 6
Quarriors! 6
Bang! 5
Survive: Escape from Atlantis! 5
Dragon Rampage 4
Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game 4
Loot 4
1st & Goal 3
Arcana 3
Arkham Horror 3
Battle Cry: 150th Civil War Anniversary Edition 3
Defenders of the Realm 3
Dixit Odyssey 3
Elder Sign 3
Forbidden Island 3
Halo ActionClix 3
The Resistance 3
Thunderstone 3
Android: Netrunner 2
BattleLore 2
Blokus 2
Food Fight 2
The Game of Life 2
Munchkin 2
Return of the Heroes 2
Runebound (second edition) 2
Shadows over Camelot 2
Small World 2
Smash Up 2
Star Trek: Expeditions 2
Star Wars Miniatures 2
Super Dungeon Explore 2
7 Wonders 1
Castle Panic 1
Claustrophobia 1
Descent: Journeys in the Dark (second edition) 1
Dominion 1
Dragon Dice 1
Drako 1
Drakon (third edition) 1
Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game 1
Grimoire 1
Magdar 1
Mage Knight Board Game 1
Mage Wars 1
Monsterpocalypse 1
Ninja Versus Ninja 1
Othello 1
Sentinels of the Multiverse: Enhanced Edition 1
The Settlers of Catan 1
Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin 1

Total games played: 212
Different games played: 55

-Raider30
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
How do you guys keep track of the games you play? Do you have journals or something?
I keep a small notebook in which I record each game I play, who I played against, the date, and who won.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:52 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
2012 Gaming:
1)Dominion (I have no idea how many times I played although it 's at least several hundred)
Why am I not believing this...
Think of how much Nyss played Summoner Wars. Then think of a game that takes half the time.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:11 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2012 Gaming:
1)Dominion (I have no idea how many times I played although it 's at least several hundred)
Think of how much Nyss played Summoner Wars. Then think of a game that takes half the time.
But he played the majority of his plays on iOS app I believe. Does Dominion have an app that I missed?
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:18 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I use BGG to track my plays. And yep, most of my Summoner Wars plays were on the iOS, but I don't distinguish since they were against 'live' opponents.

-insert signature here-
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:27 PM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2012 Gaming:
Dominion definitely takes more time than Summoner Wars almost every time.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:46 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2012 Gaming:

I'd agree with Neo, I've had a rare few short games of Summoner Wars, but in general, my Dominion games are about half as long as my Summoner Wars games.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:49 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Taught another Forbidden Island. Getting pretty good at not drowning (though we played Novice/Normal).

Also got in the first couple games of Mr. Jack Pocket. Won as both Mr. Jack and the Investigators.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:54 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2012 Gaming:
Huh. In the past I played over 200 games of Dominion on Board Game Arena. Games there were 1 v 1 usually and took about 8 minutes or so on average.

When I play Dominion in real life with about 4 players, games tend to take about a half and hour it seems.

For Summoner Wars, the iOS or Vassal seems to take me about 20 minutes overall.

In real life 1 v 1 takes about 45 minutes.

and 2 v 2 takes well over 90 usually it seems.

Maybe I'm a slow Summoner Wars player, or a fast Dominion player, but I'm surprised to hear that Dominion takes individuals longer than Summon Wars. Oh well.

As to game played, I wish I had kept track. I'll just try to estimate some of my more common ones:

Summoner Wars - 500+
Sheepshead - (300 hands played)
7 Wonders - 200
Dominion - 100
Race for the Galaxy - 100
Chess - 100
Cosmic Encounter - 50
Monopoly - 50
Ticket To Ride - 40
Thunderstone - 40
Settlers of Catan - 30
Heroscape - 20
Cyclades - 20
Munchkin - 20
Arkham Horror - 15

Being estimates, I could be way off on some of these. The Summoner Wars plays are pretty close to being right. The iOS helped me keep better tack of those, but with Vassal and real life plays, I'm sure I'm over 500, and probably around 600.

I'm still in absolute love with that game, and it is now so accessible of a medium as to be wonderful. The online tournaments that get run over on the Summoner Wars forums are nice too.

Otherwise, quite a few staples continued to get heavy play this year among my friends. We all still like games of Monopoly, and are addicted to the card game Sheepshead still too. I got plenty of Chess games in during the summer against some really good opposition.

A few newer games (to me) seem like real winners, and I'll be trying to push for playing them more often. Cyclades is great, but I've had a hard time pulling it out often. My normal gaming buddies do not love it like I do, and so I've had a hard time managing to play that one. Cosmic Encounter on the other hand has been a fantastic winner. I've played this will all different groups of individuals, many non-gamers, and almost all have loved it. It's really fun.

Otherwise, it looks like my list kind of betrays some of the gamers I'm often around--we have plenty of gateway games in there. I have fun with them though, and even if I'd rather be in something deeper, you play what you can get!

I realize I almost never played Diplomacy this past year though. I used to love that one, but it is hard to find players. I hope I can get a few more in on that during the upcoming year. I'm looking forward for Plaid Hat Games City of Remnants too, and will probably try to get Lords of Waterdeep at some point. Should be a fun year of gaming coming up!

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:01 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I use BGG to track my plays. And yep, most of my Summoner Wars plays were on the iOS, but I don't distinguish since they were against 'live' opponents.
I use BGG also. And I mainly distinguish iOs games because even though all mine are against live opponents, they are not played one game in one sitting. I'll take my turn, then a few hours or a day later I'll take my next turn, and so on. (Of course, if I play an entire game in one sitting, I still won't count it. No components were brought out and set up, and chances are we didn't play face to face.)

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Last edited by Jim; January 2nd, 2013 at 09:02 PM. Reason: But to each their own. As long as you still have fun!
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2012 Gaming:

I'd agree with Neo, I've had a rare few short games of Summoner Wars, but in general, my Dominion games are about half as long as my Summoner Wars games.
Summoner Wars usually takes 20-30 minutes for me, as Dominion with 4 usually takes 30-40 minutes.

To be clear, I am comparing Dominion with 4 in real life to Summoner Wars with 2 in real life. Online applications completely change things.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games